Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Doesn't have to be legally enforceable for a bigger company to bully a smaller one though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then why weren't MSG suing Race-Room, RSS, and VRC for their fictionalized IR-18's? Reiza getting IMS after pulling the car seems like a weird deal if they knew MSG was gonna threaten anything resembling the 500.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think MSG only cares about people running their own "indy 500" as a massive multiplayer event. Ironically enough AMS 2 having a pretty rough multiplayer experience might be why we got Indy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have these same questions as well and the contract was posted somewhere in the forums a while back and the maybe those predated the contract? Isn't IMS its own license compared to IndyCar and also different from a Dallara license...? I really do not have the answers just more questions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The weird thing is IMS clearly wasn't an option before IndyCar reached out about the car. Obviously MSG don't want Reiza to have the IR-18, but IndyCar must've been fine with entertaining the idea at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Theodore Schultz

I really think IndyCar wants a stand alone game and MSG and IndyCar are likely going more aggressive now to make sure that game sells well by making sure there is as little competition when and if that game is ever released. Hence the Iracing and Reiza issues.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lucifer_sam

This is why I don't like all the conspiracies going around. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, these are multilayered and complex problems. None of us here (outside of like 5 at most) know how contract negotiations work when it comes to using a property for a simracing title.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Theodore Schultz

My ideal scenario would be that IndyCar got out of their contract with MSG because of their financial issues and contacted the one and only Renato to have Reiza do a stand alone IndyCar game. This is obviously very unlikely as IndyCar is going to go with the big names such as MSG or EA as well as US based and not the much smaller company(even though Reiza would clearly produce a much better game than MSG or EA could ever dream of).

9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Theodore Schultz

“We also remain confident our partnership with Motorsport Games will produce an engaging, realistic and enjoyable title feature for the NTT IndyCar Series. Ultimately, 2023 will produce the first IndyCar-centric video game in nearly a decade while maintaining a presence for the sport in iRacing and beyond.”

Exactly, they are wanting their standalone game to have zero competition. No shot we see the Formula USA 22 in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

We're on a forum to chat dude, and we're chatting. And all the signs were there. With a stand-alone Indy game on the horizon and MSG in financial trouble, anyone that thought they weren't gonna come out swinging were dreaming.

12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Why not? We have the F1 22 generic car and EA hasn't said anything about it. There is nothing wrong with releasing a Formula USA Ultimate. There are mods for "modern Indycar-like cars" in every mainstream simulator, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to do the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Lucifer_sam

I just don't like conspiracy theories. I find them mostly useless and there is nothing saying I can't state that I don't like them and that maybe we should take a step back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

it sounds like not in time again.................

15. Lucifer_sam

Good things comes to those who wait. Also it's the holidays give them a break, family is more important than simracing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

Then why hasn't it been released yet?

My guess is that MSG is desperate and wants to do everything to make sure their standalone as the best chance to make them the profit they are desperate for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you could still release a Formula USA, but I don't think you would be allowed to charge for it. Same sort of protections mod makers use.

So full release Racing USA part 3, give the Formula USA as a free to all car later after the licensing deal falls through

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Theodore Schultz

That would be amazing and I hope I am wrong but I doubt this will happen.

19. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a textbook example of how stupid and out of touch suits are that run these organizations. How anyone at IndyCar could think an exclusive deal was the best way forward to advertise their league is astonishing. For the suits at IndyCar to then make this decision after everything that has transpired with MSG this year makes it an all time bad decision.

Exclusive deals do nothing but stifle competition and progress. Just look at Madden since EA became exclusive with the NFL and they killed off 2k football. Unfortunately this will never change because the people that are in control of these organizations are always going to be completely detached from reality and will never understand how to properly deal distribute their IP over this medium.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Lucifer_sam

IF* we don't know if it has or not. This is why I'm against all these conspiracies, this isnt fact. Nothing Indycar or Reiza has stated that Indycars IP wouldn't be allowed in AMS 2 and infact while very PR'y the "and more" at the end of Indycar's statement is the only thing referring to anything other than MSG and Iracing. We can make assumptions, but these assumptions aren't proof.

• Agree Agree x 1