Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

There’s always two sides to the story. With Roger Penske it’s always business, he’s not been successful all these years because he wants to piss people off. What I don’t like is the exclusive part giving MSG the right to say who gets to share the license. MSG promised the world, console game to get more people involved then a pc game that costs a lot more initial investment plus probably a lot more then irqcing was willing to give or anyone else.

2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's unfortunate for Reiza regarding the actual Indycar but you just have to see what's going on in the Iracing forum… I mean…people who own the car cannot use it on the official tracks of the calendar. Imagine having spent quite a lot of money (the car is around 12$ and a track costs around 15$) and from 2023 on you are not allowed to use it on official tracks. I wonder if that also includes racing the AI or just for official Iracing races online.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But we all know damn well MSG is a fraud, we now know indycar upper brass was in kahoots with them the whole time, and honestly, I need to go throw up...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

They are more fun, immersive for sure. I jump back in the ir18 @irwcing and I’m kind of bored. I do however want to race it still. I’ll probably check out rf2 and see how it is? With LFM I wonder how many race in North American in that platform, it’s a heavily European deal from what I hear?

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m not going to give MSG anymore of my money and don’t think anyone should

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Ai it’s you and Ai, as long as you don’t broadcast it. People spend more at McDonald’s a week then $27 lol

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Someone gave them
    $2m most likely big daddy parent company

8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That doesn’t mean they should have consumers

9. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

..and name it Indie-car!

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

And the share price has responded by falling to 2.5 USD, or 25 cents if we take the old value, so that´s like a 99% loss in value since they joined the stock market.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

They’re hoping to grab the non sim people simcade, get people that love the racing. Kind of like iracing with their new console Woo “game

12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel about this similar to the Mick Gordon vs. ID Software situation, don't take it out on the plenty of good people in the IndyCar paddock for a dumb decision somebody higher than them made. There are still good people in the organization who supported sim-racing and love their audience. Completely blacklisting the series will just make it more likely to die off. We don't want a good competitive series folding, we want it to change.

If you want to make your displeasure known, petition them like Champweb is encouraging on Twitter. They clearly didn't factor sim-racing as an important part of their brand, and the overall fan base has shown otherwise. MSG is obviously a fraudulent company, but there are probably good people just trying to work a job through all of this. Basically, just don't buy the game, and don't give money to MSG.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just trying to put a positive spin to this. I share your anger and frustration on this subject.

14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

NTT / Penske just fired their marketing person, he may have been the one that gave MSG full exclusive

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Noooooooooooooooo_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

According to Marshall Pruett, the one likely responsible for the MSG connection is one of the key members of the ownership group, not those who actually run the series.

Edit: I'm only echoing a statement from MP, take that as you will. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

You can´t blame them as MS parent company´s business model was the same - buy out all the competitors and trade on their names e.g. Autosport and Motorsport News. ACO and BTCC took the cash too and no one is boycotting them.

18. Dylan Hale

PPPPPEEEEEENNNNNNNSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

19. Dylan Hale

But they had 0 represention in sim racing at all, there's a difference. A crappy game is better than none at all

20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

They bought their way in and are not the first or last to do that. Microsoft always do that as it is cheaper than starting from scratch.