Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

There may be a 1000 I racers who race INDYCAR. They have 3 SOF races and that 24 per split and rest of the week you get 10 cars per race. The majority or “Indy car” fans don’t irqce or sim race

2. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I am concerned, Indycar died when "The Split" happened. They were equal with F1 to me as far as being a fan. Those hideous cars and none of my favorite drivers killed it all for me. Haven't watch a race or Indy 500 since, even Alonso couldn't get me to do it. I don't wish them any harm but couldn't care less about Indy's future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I hear ya. INDYCARs in the 70’s-90’s was all about unique mechanical ingenuity now it’s spec racing

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember that throughout all this we did get IMS and are allowed to race 1995 indycars at it, whilst Iracers cannot race it at all. Its not a total loss for Reiza, although substantial hours were probs lost to making the f-usa 2022. Iracing fans lost out a lot more than we did.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

they can race it it just can’t be broadcasted or official races, they can race leagues. They’re crying because they can’t be on tv, you can still race so stfu lol

6. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

I actually really enjoy “driving” the modern IndyCars (I.e. all the time I’ve spent with the RSS Formula Americas in AC) so I’m bummed to see this whole situation turn out so poorly to where we aren’t even likely to get a generic representation on AMS2 out of it.
    I badly want IndyCar to succeed, it’s a series with a lot of great history, incredibly iconic tracks, and loads of potential but since the 90s the people involved have only ever chosen to get in their own way. I don’t see why Motorsport Games was the choice.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the reason we can have a generic Formula 1 car in the game and not the Formula USA 2022 that was showcased earlier this year? Is it just that releasing a generic car after having negotiations with the actual company is more legally shaky than making a generic car with no plans for an official license?

7. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

AMS was probably given a cease & desist

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Fair enough.

9. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

All the F1 cars are copies but those folks don’t care ‍♂️

10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

To start speculations, what do we think will be in the dev update and what cars/tracks are maybe to be added?

11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So now 2.5 years later we find out what's true:

Historic Jerez:
    [​IMG]

Historic Kyalami 1988-91
    [​IMG]

Historic Monte Carlo 1986-96:
    [​IMG]

Historic Estoril 1993:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Can’t see any difference in the layout of Monaco (Azure)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is very very optimistic here and honestly is just a pipe dream. A generic modern stockcar to "make up" for the Indycar fiasco and lack of modern oval racing car in the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

I hope we get to see a nascar looking car

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From Tabac to Rascasse is different. Also the pits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Maybe the changes are more noticeable when looking at the physical track than at a track map

17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would removing the whole aeroscreen bit from the car make it possible to have the Indycar in the game without the risk of getting sued?

If the model of the car is not an issue, then why would Reiza even care about a deal with IndyCar for the sole purpose of having the car in the game? Its not like Reiza has any Indy 500 event going to happen, and liveries are made by the community as perfectly as any studio can make.

Unless IndyCar indeed would like to have Reiza build an IndyCar-specific sim. An AMS2 fork. Then it would make sense, since it would be counter-intuitive to release a new game with the very same physics, graphics and all the other underlying stuff of something already released.

• Like Like x 3
  18. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

IMO even if it's just historically accurate surroundings, signage, buildings and run-off it would add a lot.

It just feels off if you've just raced at a historic version of Spa in 70s F1 cars and then have the next race with the same cars in modern Monaco which may more or less be the same layoutwise but it says "Fanatec" all around the track, there's tecpro barriers and very modern builduings around the track. That just breaks the immersion for me. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

AC has the non halo Indy car, It’s a mod but the maker could get a C&D but I think that fish is too small, they don’t care?

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just think the commercial terms are so out of the market that no one, not even iracing, will come close to matching them. That is why IMS will be sticking to it... until something happens to MSG.
    I don't see IMS really going on fire to move out of an agreement and into another one that will pay a small fraction of what MSG crazily agreed to pay.
    I think it is as simple as that.
    IMS looked around in case MSG was going bust. MSG got a few more months of life and IMS hopes that is enough to get their money and their game.
    Time will tell if it was a good choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1