Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My statement is more genral. Not applying to just this one moment.

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah ok, well even then the keyword is communication, if they were to release a game update and came across a gamebreaking issue at the last moment before release, which would mean a delay, a short message to their customers saying "sorry folks, but we discovered an issue and the update is delayed until further notice" would prevent a lot of "complaining" and create understanding with the majority of the people.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

The good news is, it is Xmas day now , so could be anytime in the next 24hrs .

Merry Xmas

4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get that, but I mean I don't understand why people make such big deal out of it? Reiza isn't gonna be perfect and honestly it's even difficult to say when we don't even happened. We've never been in this situation, we have zero experience or expertise. Yet we feel the need to cast judgments, especially when it is just a dev update and honestly whether or not it's delayed means nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Not again! :D

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To contribute something meaningful:
    Every year at Christmas, we bring home a Christmas tree that no one else would buy. Whether it is crooked, has a broken top or is simply not beautiful ( in other words ugly).
    Give them a chance, they will thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  7. Emanuel Henrique

Emanuel Henrique New Member

I agree that problems happen, but they more than anyone know that delays can happen, so wouldn't it be better to announce when you're basically done?

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good I am out. I love ChatGPT a lot. I can even roleplay D&D with it... Happy holidays guys! <3

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not angry at them. I just feel its disrespectful to announce things and not deliver. It's not the first time.
    If there's any doubt as to a deadline being missed, they shouldn't commit to it. It's simple.
    Or maybe it's just me. When I commit to something it gets delivered. If it's missed, I communicate in advance. It's common manners.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas !
    Eat cake

Retro Gen 2 on 1970 spa for me tomorrow as a treat!

winner winner turkey dinner !

• Like Like x 4
  11. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

i completely agree with this, especially to put a post out specifically stating it will be out tomorrow, clearly it must have been all but done and ready to go. To then not deliver on that promise, destroys credibility and loyalty of the people who come on here to invest in their game. Frustrating for sure but not a deal breaker for me at least

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You know what screw this!

Im looking forward to the update aswell, but until just yesterday I thought I was on the verge of loosing everything! I mean 1TB of data, all my mods, settings for every sim I own and all the setups for every car, hardware settings, every simracing video I've made in the last two years and more due to what I thoughgt was failing hardware, and my PC company closed ealy this year so I could'nt even order a backup drive incase things when south over Crimbo.

Turns out im not gunna lose everthing after all. So I just wanted to say I'm very thankfull for what i've got already, and although I do sympathise with those annoyed about not getting the dev update just yet (because im an angry impatient bastard aswell, I stayed up till 3am this morning for it you know!), its Christmas for FFS! So I wanna say thanks to Reiza for a great year which has given me lots of joy!!!

Here's a post from my channel that im posting on all simracing sites and forums and communitys im involved with. Hope you enjoy the song, or you just use it to give yourself something to read whilst you wait for the update, or you can take out you're frustrations on me for going off topic and flame me all you like. I don't give a feck!

"Well, its been a pretty poor lead up to Christmas for me. I've been experiencing horrible PC issues which have prevented me for making alot of videos and restricted the livestreams and racing servers I could run, but i've still been able to knock out the odd one or two.

This last week has been the worst with things getting really bad, to the point of having to make an emergency call to my computer company over what I though was failed ram & SSD. 1 second tasks have been taking up to 45 minutes.

Yesterday I got the best Christmas present ever that money can't buy! During a phone call to a friend we where discussing it all and bouncing ideas around and we ended up in bios hunting around trying to see if we could find anything in there. Long story short. Two settings, one of them being in direct conflict with a setting I'd changed in windows but, had'nt realised it needed to match in bios. Result. PC now running even better than it did when I bought it brand new two years ago (as I was able to add the extra ram back in it did'nt have when it was new).

Yesterday was the best day ever! Spent the whole day enjoying my Crimbo pressies from S397. The new Porsche is just sublime! The Astra is definately my favorite FWD BTCC car, got Monza on sale and its beautiful! And the whole day swapping between all my favorite sims with no problems, crashes, read write errors, and my VR is even back to working as it should. I also saw Phil at Sim Racing Bible was running a livestreamed server in AMS2 so I joined that and had an awsome time as he was running some of my favorite tracks and cars, it was just lovely!

So I just wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone! Be very thankful for what we've got! Cheers to all the Devs for the awsome racing we've had this year! To: S397, Kunos, Bugbear, BeamNG, Reiza, KW Studios, Iracing, and all those past and gone but still fondly remembered! All the modders, The content Creators, The players, the servers, the sites. All of you who've joined my own servers and given me a great year of racing! MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS!

Due to PC issues (thank Santa they're now solved!) I've not had time to run a stream or make a video, hopefully between now and the new year I can do one with my now healthy PC. So for all my subscribers and sim racing mates out there. Heres a Christmas song I wrote a couple of years ago specifically about Simracing, but with a Christmas twist based on another very famous Christmas song im sure you'll all know. Much Luv, Merry Christmas!"

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. We have to remember that for us, it's a game, but for Reiza, it's their future and livelihood. I understand how things work and don't expect anything or "complain" for no reason. That said, if you say you are going to do something, you should. It reflects negatively on your business (livelihood) and eventually people will get sick of it.

If your friennd was always asking you to go out and then didn't show up half the time, eventually it would get old.

Clear communication is first and foremost with success.

Merry Christmas and all the best to everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

sadly, gaming, sims seem to over promise a lot and under deliver. The excuse is the same across all developers

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Countdown....
    ss142816.jpg
    @Team Reiza and others:
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Every dev update is like that, they promise a date and delay, it even seems deliberate, an attempt to create hype.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The only reason anyone is complaining about a perceived delay, is because they've no idea what it's like to work at this sort of level, or are very young. It just takes one cascading bug, one bout of illness, or a family emergency for one key member of staff, and that's it: schedule busted.

Games are recreational. Making games is most definitely not. It's generally mostly horrible and stressful. And name me one sim racing dev team who's worked harder and been more generous than Reiza. Don't bother trying, because you can't.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Currently passing the time spent waiting for AMS2's MP4/4 by watching the real thing in action, it's working surprisingly well so far :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Being late now and then is understandable, but every time? If you are not able to meet deadlines that were self-imposed, simply do not promise dates, unless this is part of your business strategy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that seems the most likely explanation, it's all part of a big conspiracy to drive sales.

Alternatively, Occam's Razor would suggest that getting the new version ready for release is simply taking longer than expected so is now the highest priority - all hands to the pump to get it released before Christmas to stop all the excited girls and boys from being sad.

One might also suggest that this should take priority over a Dev Update. To paraphrase - reading about a racing sim is like dancing to architecture. I'd rather play it.

• Agree Agree x 2