Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's officially Christmas in the UK now, so merry Christmas to everyone :)

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Merry Christmas...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Content-wise this upcoming update is really nice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dylan Hale

So... where is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I find it a little sad that at this time of year , wither it be xmas day or xmas eve where everyone is , that the most important thing in some people’s life at this moment is a small article about a piece of software designed to provide entertainment and challenge within the confines of a seat in a room . .
    i feel sorry for those that can’t just relax and enjoy some down time with friends and family .

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Saying the same thing over and over again on every thread does not make criticism more true, nor does it fix it. But lets not seriously sit here and suggest good racing cannot be had because the AI ruins every race. Its simply untrue. Ive personally had too many great races against AI that were fantastic to ignore this. And if there are oddities or patterns that haven’t been addressed with a certain car or track, then they will.
    As far as opinions about how ai can or cannot be implemented in any sim, or to suggest ams2’s ai simply cannot achieve the performance of others sims, unless you are on the inside working on the code, you simply don’t know.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Racinglegend1234 probably reached nirvana at this point waiting patiently, I'm impressed.

• Funny Funny x 20
  8. Dylan Hale

Wish I could but my family doesn't share this wish... So here I am...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stepy

Stepy Member

They are.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the most experience here when it comes to watching AI race eachother, and I can say there will and always will be incredibly immersion breaking stuff.

Nr2003 (which is top tier AI when it comes to AI along with Iracing) had awful wreck avoidance, cars unrealistically surviving crashes, FCY bunching which would kill cars, cars over driving corners and sliding into the wall at higher strengths, not overtaking despite an obvious pace advantage, tire fall-off not being very noticeable, very little strategy variation, very little racing line variations, poor lapped car behavior, and many more. Say what you will about the age of the game, but the AI holds up (especially if you know how to edit the track.ini and papy_ai.ini files) so well that the only sim that has ever been made that surpasses it is Iracing.

AMS 2 comes in third easily, rFactor 2 might stand a chance but that game is so fiddley to set up I haven't yet. But my point is good luck finding sim racer where you can't make the "this AI is so broken it needs a complete rewrite" outside of Iracing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

True, and Iracing has had 10+ years to develop it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Can you imagine not everybody cares about Christmas? I play games and don't do holidays.

Do you know Twitter exists? There was info update is ready and will be here yesterday. Can you imagine some people thought it's real? It's not our fault we like good games and trust people.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I got myself new hardware for Xmas, a month early when the gear was in stock too, a Strix rtx4090 OC, AMD 7700X, Strix x670e mobo, claymore 2 keyboard, Helios case, ryujin 360 2 AIO, noctua fans, 6tb m.2 SSDs, 32gb g skill expo ram, a second 34 inch monitor and Chakram X mouse. Well probably should be for the next 5 xmas. Haven't told the missus how much it all cost!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Shoot,, was about to switch this reading stuff here off, but hey good on you, I was impressed with your rig when you explained all last time I asked, and saw the pics.
    I hope you enjoy all the new stuff, I can only wonder!.
    Hope to fire up pc this end sooner rather than later, seems a month ago.
    Good luck have a nice day down there.
    Just after midnight here so merry what's it?.
    Oh, Christmas
    More Vod/Martini's

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  15. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

good info. What does the Ai run, the same spec setup that is available for Indianapolis

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah thanks, Merry Xmas to you too. It is almost midday here now so half over. Will post up some new pics before this year is out, is a nice simple looking clean build. Gave the prior rig to my 10 year old for Xmas, can't keep him off it and war thunder.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Merry XMAS everyone

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

yes this is true. More so here as this Sim is more focused on RC. And most RC racers think, turning left is easy. It’s not but I think from my own oval (lots) experience this car out of the garage with the set loaded could easily send a racer away saying f*** this! This is where I’ve said simple things are missing here. Pit entrance (pit speed limit)at Indy is off, it’s farther down then the entrance also it’s not 62 mph

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Super. (discussion thread pls where you've posted prior. so as not to clog here)
    Lucky fella/dude!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You are describing a known bug with some vehicles where the wrong default set-up is loaded and does not get reset unless you go into the garage setup and either make a change or just hit "reset to defaults." When that happened to me in one of the Indy cars, it felt like the back of the car was on ice. Completely ludicrous handling. Reset the default set-up, and suddenly a pleasant and fun car to drive.

This bug was present in PC 2 and never fixed by the authors of the engine, so it is not a simple thing for Reiza to fix. It does temporarily give a very bad impression, but not sure what can be done about it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1