1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. RDG

RDG Active Member

Looking forward to the AI improvements as that’s in my opinion the main weakness of AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

Wow big news. I have few picks I am looking forward, but not overhyped. Not a single touring car series.. little dissapointing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Very exciting stuff. Already looking forward to seeing what "endurance gameplay features and some exciting endurance content" has in store :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Thanks for update
    Please add slider in sound options for wall/barrier echo effect please

5. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

HO HO HO! Santa reiza keeps pushing :D
    so much nice stuff!
    all you dev folks, THANX

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the content I feel AMS2 does better than other titles. Over the past year and a half, the Formula Retro Gen 3, and all gens of Formula Classic have quickly become my favorite cars in game. It's not just nostalgia, these cars are before my time, but they're so engaging to drive. Paired with 80's Adelaide, Montreal, Spielberg, and 90's Spa those cars just put you in that era. In VR it's insanely immersive, it just feels right seeing those big wing endplates with the chonky Goodyear tires. I'm excited to get more period correct tracks, and I'm hopeful to see AMS2 lean more into historic content.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People should definitely be excited for this release. The MP4/4 is literally the first car in this entire game where I have been able to do a long stint without ever having the car do something where I thought "That was odd" or "That didn't feel right". The car was worth the wait from that initial promo pic back in 2019.
    I look forward to ai and MP improvements but for me, if the game drives like crap I could care less about the other stuff so these updates to the feel of the game are all good for me and the cars being added feel like Reiza are catering to me...haha. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dunkel030

Dunkel030 New Member

I don´t know what to say, to be honest. :D:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

This is very, very interesting to me, because I remember you being critical about the driving behaviour in AMS2 previously, and to hear such praise coming from you does mean a lot. Does this, in your opinion, extend to the other cars in this pack and the revamped Classics and Retros, too?

10. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

This all sounds very amazing!
    I really can't wait for the Adrenaline pack. Please bring some extreme dirt tracks with crazy jumps and whoop di doos.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. uelas77

uelas77 Member

Dear @Renato Simioni and Reiza Team, I thought this from a long time, since I've known you and your simulator, just from the start of AMS2, and is that "Ayrton would be very proud of you".

I'm at almost over 2300hrs on it, and in 30 years of virtual racing, I never felt so at home with your style, passion, dedication and digital craftmanship.

Plus, not only you're bringing a great contribution to motorsport (the core thing that should keep us in focus and together, despite all our differences, experiences and sensibilities, the love for motorsport world), to me you also both sorta of healed past little and big disappointments in other racing titles, and brought to a next level what I liked the most in past and modern titles. And of course, as already pointed out, the ability to natively know so closely the brazilian motorsport roots, along with Ayrton's.

This development update, and what is coming next, brings me a lot of further joy, that contrary to my habits, where I write little (I generally express through music and of course I love also brazilian music heritage a lot), I want to share with u all.

I feel really grateful! thanks and happy holidays to ya all!

A big hug

Cheers!

ps. yeaaaaaah, soooon multiplayer scheduled races!!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nelson Piquet's Brabham BT52 is an absolute blast to drive in the beta. With an H-pattern and autoclutch off.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich New Member

One request: can we get a better identification of the year of the historic F1s? The current naming scheme is frankly awful for anyone who doesn't already know the year of a car based on its looks. Just add a decade to the end of the current name.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Wow. I didn't see the BT49 or 83 Bathurst coming, nice one.
    a small thing, but I hope the later reverse colour scheme of the 52B is available on the BT52, but if not, I'm sure it'll get painted.
    BT52b.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I realize full well how negatively I have come across and I am not Max Verstappen or some famous driver who thinks they know everything but I also know if you say nothing then the chances of change are less. I'll let you decide for yourself how the latest content feels but it feels to me like Reiza are constantly learning things about how the engine works, then that new info goes into the newest cars, then comes the process (long I assume) of then revising all other cars to bring them up to par.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

https://www.youtube.com/@yamanducostaoficial

Off topic, but I'll take every opportunity I have to recommend Yamandú.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

If we (all)paid $10 a month maybe these expenses pieces would come sooner

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I didn't mean at all to accuse you of being negative - I definitely have nothing against well-reasoned criticism.

If you think that the new cars are going to introduce a notably improved physics standards to the game, that's a very good reason to me got get a little more hyped for when they arrive.

19. codeREDsim

codeREDsim Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Noob question. How do we get to try the early access to new content? Is it a setting in steam?

20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's not out yet! However, all releases begin in the 'releasecandidate' build which you can find through the Betas tab in Steam. Just right click on the game, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and the releasecandidate build should be in a drop down menu (Again, not out yet but when it comes out the releasecandidate will automatically update)

• Like Like x 1