Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

This car gives me that nostalgia feelings from the good old Gran Turismo 4 days.
    Also this one is a road going or a racing spec converted to be road legal?

3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Racing car converted to be road legal by Erik Comas, who drove the car at Le Mans in 1997 and 1998.
    It even has its own Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/r390gt1/

EDIT: That page even has a lot of detailed information like the engine weight or the exact power, really cool.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to own a Corvette too! Though let's just say the one I had was a budget model

C5rpw.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

WOW you drove a C5-R??? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

That's ARC version.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Lucifer_sam

Speaking of cars I want more of in the game :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The only guy I really know he drove racing cars back in his days is @Marc Collins I am jealous you guys drove such lovely cars. The only racecar I have droven was a Lamborghini on the regular roads. Guy told me I can speed, but if the police caught me I had to pay the ticket.. So I didn't speed up, lol. I did 220 in my dad's Merc on the Bahn in 2014, tho.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if there will be an unannounced 13th car in the update, I find it hard to believe they will leave the mp4/5b alone in the new f-classic g3 class.

• Like Like x 2
  10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Wow, Merry Christmas indeed, Reiza! The 2020-2022 Season Pass I purchased years ago as a gift to myself just keeps giving! What a bargain.

Move over, Jerome Powell--Renato Simioni for Fed Chairman! Die inflation, die!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Lucifer_sam

I'm very lucky and fortunate to have a good friend online who races street stocks/late models. He was also named after one of the many F1 greats during the 70s. He has such a passion for motorsport, has driven everything from a NASCAR stockcar to an (alleged) classic F1 car and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to CART and IMSA.

This dude also went to that 2003 NASCAR race at Darlington, along with so many more. And has a spot on Jame Hetfield (lead vocalist of Metallica) impression, idk what this man can't do at this point. Sorry for the tangent but I just feel incredibly lucky to have someone that cool in my life. I just can't help but share, it really is hard to believe sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Turbo Granny

Would be nice a couple of generic f-classic G3 or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Turbo Granny

Other thing I'm realising is the grids of GT1 and Group C we have now, probably some of the best without mods in current games. Hopefully Reiza is considering something to multiclass with them in the expected endurance content for 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

So when we can expect this update?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

when its ready

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

@Renato Simioni I'd like some clarification about the event preset feature: Is that just a thing for singleplayer, or for multiplayer as well? If not for multiplayer yet, is that a planned feature?

One of the biggest complains from me and my friends about multiplayer is how clumbersome the preset system is while making lobbies - Having no option to save player made presets means we need to keep tinkering with lobby settings for a couple minutes before we can get going, and every time we play we need to do it from scratch again. That and the fact that you carry over the lobby settings from the previous lobby you joined, even if you were not the lobby owner (not sure if that was by design or not, but we hate it - sometimes we join a lobby for 5 minutes, leave, and when we have to make our own we have to change all of the settings the other people were using in their lobby) makes it for creating lobbies a bit of a hassle, nothing game breaking but still annoying. Having event presets would be a great addition to multiplayer, and player-made presets in the future even more! I remember back when we used to play the F1 games from Codemasters, having player made presets for whatever we wanted to do (be it a 5 lap race with no damage, or a league race with full damage and so on) so it just loads automatically was a great quality of life feature and I'd love to see it in this game at some point.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It shouldn't be driven in another way, but in this game it can be driven in any way. I heard autoclutch on, always full throttle and H-shifting is the fastest way to drive. Well, therfore it's just a game...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

If I understood correctly it's expected before the end of the year. With some of the stuff in the begining of 2023 like the Nürburgring 1971.

19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It was mentioned in another thread that the RC would be released this week (final week of the year), so that probably means RC will be released either next week or the week after. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. TAdams65

TAdams65 Member AMS2 Club Member

I imagine they will handle a little different. :) Mine is a Z51 with magnetic ride suspension, so it has all the handling goodies. I have only driven one at the Spring Mountain Corvette driving school. I want to do Road America sometime since it is my home track. I have only drag raced it so far.

• Like Like x 1