Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Some heel n toe which i suck so I try and rev match but some cars that doesn’t work. I would need to adjust my pedals to try and be better with the heel & toe

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Which is bs since they didn’t race in e every continent

3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, it's just that I want the cat at Group C :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Well, F1 didn't lose world championship status by not racing at Africa, right? Those series raced at America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.

5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Champ Car World Series - Wikipedia

6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Holy cheese! That's a lot of stuff! Can't wait for all that CHEESE to come out.

cheese.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last time I checked they also skipped Antarctica.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

This. Absolutely this.
    Oh, and nighttime headlight gfx optimisation of course (Renato hinted it may be looked at with endurance work )

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No those cars are not OG or DLC content from PC2.

11. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can’t wait to see what state AMS2 will be in this time next year. Genuinely exciting

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

Hope we'll have the chance to buy a new season pass with the new content of 2023 and 2024.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am still so surprised that Bathurst '83 is coming, great great addition!
    Just watch the initial 10-15 minutes, what's not there to like? The cars, the visuals, the music (!), this great 80s retro feel. Loving it. Hope we get some early 80s Supercars someday as well, though the 70s and 80s Opalas come near for this time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

Wow, you really knocked it out of the park with this one. Nissan, so many amazing new open wheelers and historic tracks. Better AI, focus und multiplayer and moddability are also great. Not really jelling with the driving sensation atm, but this changelog makes me hopeful that Ams2 is gonna be a second acc in that it gains a lot of post launch traction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Now that I've had the necessary 13 showers to clean myself up after the dev update release...

This part is extremely interesting to me... I really do hope the focus on this area will allow mod teams more freedom in what they can do with AMS2...

We might miss out on a current gen Indycar for now, but if modding gets enough support we'll see the current and next gen Indycars and so much more...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Scar666

That's still the biggest part of the announcement for me... That's something no other sim has in full support from the development team... Sure there's a couple of historic modded versions and they've kept me happy when I wanted to scratch that itch until now... But for a fully supported version to be finally available in the sim world is just brilliant in so many ways...

We just need some ATCC era cars for it... Maybe Reiza will surprise us with a "Racing Oz" pack... Next gen supercars and some ATCC gems would really be great...

• Like Like x 2
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also immediately buy a season pass again. Reiza would have to clearly declare the season pass that the content is not tied to any timetable and we buyers have to count on postponements and possible changes.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great things coming soon! I especially like the announcement of the Brabham BT62. While the class it will be in will definitely not be my favourite, the BT62 is BY FAR my favourite car to drive in AC (great GT2 mod by Guerilla Mods... check it out!). Also, I am really curious about the Endurance updates to come. Online driver swap maybe? That would be the icing on the AMS2 cake for me... running longer endurance events with my teammates. Cheers Reiza! Thanks for another fantastic year and on to the next!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scar666

That's a season pass for ya though... Vague outlines is the norm... Expecting any development company to know how their timelines are going to work out a year in advance is just not realistic...

For me the season pass was well worth it... And we got more time with it than was originally advertised... That's rare and commendable...

Given their history with their other titles and what they've done with AMS2 I'd happily pay the full price again for a season pass for 2023/2024 without any knowledge of what is going to be delivered in those 2 years...

It seems like we'll end up with packs grouped together on a discount rather than another season pass... Which is a shame... Guess I'll just have to channel that season pass $$ into the other packs that come out...

20. Scar666

If we got driver swaps and an MP experience that is up to date there's nothing stopping AMS2 from reaching the top of the non-subscription based sim racing market...

Outside of the set up bugs that create bad physics, the experience of warps and bad predictions within AMS2s MP experience is what is really holding it's numbers down... The bad word of mouth press that it garners from it's MP experience waters down all the good things...

• Agree Agree x 4