Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 can probably get a bit bigger with this content because I have no idea what sim has as much official historical content.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Amazing update!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Bathurst without the chase. Yippy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Content can only you take you to the track... Keeping the players there is where they'll get the biggest boost... And in AMS2 adding cars is where it falls down... SP can have some awesome moments with the right car and track combination... MP on the other hand, chokes up after 8 drivers on a lobby that has a physical server to try and smoothen the experience of the p2p structure...

Reiza does have a great level of supported historical cars and tracks... And having 1983 Bathurst will definitely give it a boost... But it's after that initial bump that needs the attention...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

for me real mod support is, when i do not need extracted bootfiles and similar hacked parts of the og game.
    There should be just editable xmls to add content like we have with liveries and helmets.
    Or just folders to put in content, with auto generating lists.
    There should also be options to install plugins for huds, overlays and external control.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

It seems like Reiza know somethings about how to fix the problems. Only time will tell if they fix these problems and make the player base grow even more than it does now

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be nice if at some stage we can get fuel mapping mapped to a button or switch and for pit exit penalties to work in custom championship

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Scar666

100%

It should be just drop in and play for the users... None of this learning the inner workings stuff...

Just unzip and place the files and go race...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Racinglegend1234

I think fuel mapping in the sim works in a different way to actual fuel mapping, but hope Reiza can make it work like IRL

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

With the whole MP conversation, give them sometime, I’m not expecting anything substantial to change until at least around 6 months time.
    If you step back and look from where Pcars 1&2 were utilising this engine for car physics, handling and FFB, and to where Reiza has now taken that same engine, if that same work can be done on the MP side, we won’t see the very best of what AMS2 has to offer until at least Q4 2023.
    They have got a lot of big issues sorted, which people constantly reminded them of, floaty cars, diffs and driveline issues. Now that the majority of that is a thing of the past, they can now begin to ramp up their R&D of the MP side of the game. Future will be bright.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Scar666

It'd be nice if we could swap out the KERS up/down for fuel maps up/down... But a stand alone option for fuel maps would be perfect...

Going through the menu's to pick a fuel strategy is annoying and I've got unmapped buttons waiting for the day Reiza implement this...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Couple of clarifications:

1- The bit about adjustable speed limit was poorly worded - it implies the adjustment is restricted to 60-100 km/h, but the option allows you to set speed limit to whatever speed you wish up 200 km/h or just make it unlimited - I´ve now amended the text to reflect that.

2- Not meaning to curb anyone´s enthusiasm but the excitement about the modding support paragraph may be off keel. so to avoid disappointement it´s worth pointing out that´s very unlikely AMS2 will become a modding platform to rival AC or rFactor - it´s just not what the engine was designed for and trying to change that could take a whole year and still not net substantial fruits. What we are planning to do to the extent that we can is to make the process of creating and installing mods at least a little bit less cumbersome than it is now, and we want to make sure serious modders have the info and material they need to make the best of it - those measures we hope will help bringing more quality mods to AMS2 and slightly ease the hassle for users to install them, but it is not going to turn it into a fully fledged modding platform.

• Informative Informative x 30
    • Like Like x 24
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Love the clarification. I love that I will be able to go over 300 kph in the pits and ruin peoples races :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We have decided to switch them off as our GT1 class follows 97/98 FIA GTC technical regulations..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I was contemplating writing a little tool to make this easier also, if you have any specific plans it would be good to know (splitting up files or things like that).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Just to confirm - all upcoming AMS2 DLCs will be available for Level 6 backers, correct?

AMS2.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Personally I love the old-school faff to get mods into AMS2. Takes me back to the 2000s! If that process can be streamlined but a wee bit, then it’ll fly.

I’ve been foregrounding mods recently, but I’m a bit torn: AMS2 has much more studio content to give in the short term, and mods will draw the limelight away from that a bit. It’s a double-edged sword. But still, look at the content that could arrive fairly easily. It’s pretty damned formidable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

What is this from?

19. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Would you look at that, AMS 2 managed to hook me up more than the CRPGs :D

e531ea38-115f-4cc0-81b7-cb0ce82bda14.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

This is from a funding campaign way back, before AMS1 was released.

• Informative Informative x 2
  21. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

All this news is frankly exciting!
    However (we always want more!), I always wondered why there was not Fittipaldi's Copersucar?
    After all, it is present in AMS1. And if Reiza offers a DLC of Piquet and Senna's cars (very good!), I think the Copersucar would have had its place there too.
    ===
    Toutes ces nouvelles sont franchement enthousiasmantes !
    Cependant (on en veut toujours plus !), je me suis toujours demandé pourquoi il n'y avait pas la Copersucar de Fittipaldi ?
    Après tout, elle est bien présente dans AMS1. Et si Reiza propose un DLC des voitures de Piquet et Senna (très bien !), je pense que la Copersucar y aurait eu sa place également.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1