Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For now, all the GTE has the wheel lock and TC LEDs (they also have cockpit illumination)
    Mclaren GT3 also has wheel lock leds but also ABS and TC leds. Now it also has 3 pages for different data
    Mercedes both GT3 and GT4 has an extended display with various new elements, TC and ABS LEDs and indicators.
    So this is something that will be extended to all the cars concerned!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I think the new F-Classic Gen 3 Model 3 is the Williams FW13(b). Nice gimmick

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The tires being slicks are a huge factor, but there definitely is something of the old "PC2 perpetual tank slap" in there. Go back and try the old PC2 road cars and compare it to the C8. The Camaro used to have a hint of this lingering when drifting around tight corners, but it was manageable. I A-B tested drifting the C8 at Buskerud to the AC version of the Ferrari 488 GTB. That's when it clicked to me that the C8 wasn't on a road tire. The 488 tires had maybe 75% of the grip of the C8's. In AC I could scandy flick on entry, and mash the throttle and smoothly unwind the steering, with the C8 it bites aggressively on the flick (only if the fronts are warm, you get terminal understeer otherwise) slides like normal, but then suddenly bites without warning.

AMS2 drifting has never been as easy as AC with modern road cars, but the nasty low speed perpetual snap is why I never could consistently drift in PC2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. J273

J273 New Member

Maybe just me then? Can anyone check this see if it works for you?

I'm just trying to map my paddles and sequential but no matter what i try the sequential doesn't work in game but it maps fine in the controller setup.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, got the Wheel Lock LEDs in the Corvette and BMW GTE cars now but in the McLaren 720S GT3 I dont get any additional LEDs, just shift lights are new but no Lock, TC or ABS LEDs?!

6. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

MP4/4 seems great
    I have to get use to it

in VR it seems impossible to see the digital rpm level , no matter what seat position
    Is there a way round this ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm it works fine for me - simagic wheel for the paddles, and a Thrustmaster TH8A in sequential mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your ears are the RPM guage. ;)
    I can't see it either unless I duck down really far in my seat.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe that was how Senna drove it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ooops my bad! So it will come soon :whistle:
    It still has multiple pages:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Paddles + Sequential (Secondary) are working fine here.

12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I am totally fine with the C8 as is. Probably my favourite new addition with the Mp4/4. The GtR3 and Senna are much snappier from what I have tested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Epic update, the biggest and best so far from my perspective, good job Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 11
  14. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mhm, and how to cycle through the Dash pages? I dit not found an option in the menu to bind a button to such a function and I also did not found anything related to this in the ICM?!

15. tuari

tuari New Member

Man I had a ton of fun with the new Formula cars today, particularily the McLarens. Really an exciting update!

One thing I noticed was that the new cars in each Formula Classic generation always start in the last row in a quick race, even if the player controlls one of them and chooses to start in the middle for example (I also tried it without a custom AI file). I seems to work fine with the new Formula Retro cars.

Also I wondered if there is a way in the Retro Gen 2 to choose either one of the Brabhams for the AI - I never had to change the grid in this way before, but the Edit Grid button is grayed out.

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Is there a reason I find it absolutely impossible to do donuts in the MP4/4? The rear seems so sticky in that thing. I can floor it through every corner and the rear sticks like glue only losing traction for a split second. All assists off btw.

When it does slip, it'll be extremely briefly and it will suddenly grip with unexpected vengeance despite throttle to the floor and my initial slight momentary counter steer now suddenly throws me into the wall. Is this some sort of traction control at play here? Can it be turned off at all?

I also personally find the sounds very synthetic and none of the visceral growl I was expecting.

Anyone else?

EDIT: Wow, the MP4/5B and MP4/6 feel miles different and a lot more enjoyable for me. The MP4/4 just seems to have one hell of a sticky rear and synthetic sound.

EDIT2: Reset setup to default and for some odd reason the MP4/4 now seems less sticky in the rear although I still can't do proper donuts in it. Still, it does seem better.. Very odd.. Anyway, nothing to see here I guess :) (not a fan of the MP4/4 sound still)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a great race with friends with the 1980 Brabham BT49 at 2022 Spa. You can really drive wheel to wheel with that car

18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Bind the Cycle MOTEC LCD key

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. I was trying to find that today as well.

20. Jack Ulstad

Jack Ulstad New Member

OMG! I thought I couldn't ever be more stoked than I was after Reiza released their version of the Lotus 79, and then the Brabham Fan car... Now they go and make our holidays extra-special with this new release. The McLaren MP4/6 is an absolute beast, especially with that amazing sound! I've ran a lot of different race Sims over the years, but you guys have impressed me more than any of the other guys by a long way! Renato, you and your team ROCK!!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6