Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey Champrt! The damping slider adjusts the damping and not the power steering

2. lopez37

lopez37 New Member

Hi @Danielkart

I am currently using your v45 with my TS-XW and it works like a charm. I cannot thank you enough for your work. The feeling is so realistic even for a belt-drive wheel.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kbasic

kbasic New Member

Good job my brother. You out did yourself again. Thanks for your time and effort.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not tried v45 as I've been using v42 but I tried the latest v46 and wow this is the one lol , I say that after everyone. I have the same base as you tspc for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Can you suggest. On default FFB. Why cars with a positive scrub radius when hitting a curb, the steering wheel rotates from the curb and should on the curb?

6. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Yes, V46 feels great and is now my new favorite on T300 base

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello and happy New Year from Japan everyone

I have posted this FFB issue with my new Logitech DD GPRO after the recent update

if anyone expert in DD FFB issues can bring assistance, its appreciated

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

8. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I presume you have made a new controller profile by deleting old and setting it up from scratch. ?

9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

thank you for your reply.
    assumption is correct, when there is a major update,I do actually rename the MyDocuments/AMS2 folder to same name with OLD suffix so I can start from scratch again at the 1st Game opening

I have done much more testing this afternoon for me here in Asia.

I had always the grief with AMS2 that the cars would feel floaty and lose front or rear didn't translate very well into my wheel feedback, reading the well becoming too light in tight corners.

My previous wheel was a TSPC racer so close to High End belt driven so it could not be the one to blame here.

To somehow balance this lack of feel,I had used 2 different approaches
    1. Use FFB default+ and increase the Gain to 75% (my wheel is give for 6Nm Torque peak)and also significant increase the in Game damping(from 50% defaut to 75%)
    2. Use a Custom FFB file available on this related thread
    It had never given me the exact feel expected but at least the Game was playable for me

Now last week when I received my DD and tried the Game, I ignored the AMS2 default setting that Logitech recommend and instead focused on increasing the Wheel base dampener to 50 and reducing the TF Audio to 10, and the feeling was really good
    upload_2023-1-1_17-18-2.png

Now what I noticed during the testing today

1. The klonk noise and awful feel around the wheel center is gone if I reduce the in Game damping to Zero which is what Logitech recommends for their in Game setting(see below)
    2. the Trueforce effects are back if I massively increase the TF audio value from 10 as it was to 100, which again is what Logitech recommends in Driver setting (see above again)
    upload_2023-1-1_17-22-21.png

so what I understand now is that Reiza has tweaked the DD GPRO behaviour in Game to match what Logitech had recommended for AMS2 settings (drivers and in Game)
    so I will need to tweak again both myself to hopefully achieve the same good feeling I had managed to reach a week ago:oops:

Attached Files:

10. Kuku

would True force still be active if you set it up as a custom wheel ?

11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

that's a good question.

I believe the wheel drivers parameter TFAudio is what makes it feel or not when the wheel is set as DD GPRO in AMS2 but yes I have not tried to make a complete new profile as Custom wheel

will give it a try if time permits tonight.

12. Danielkart

Hello! You have to distinguish between defaults and custom files. Reiza gives recommendations for their defaults for in-game and base settings which is correct. But Customs behave completely differently, it's not comparable. You must first choose defaults or customs. After that you can make your in-game and base settings. Then test different settings of base and in-game and let your feeling decide what is best at the end

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What exactly is Logitech True Force supposed to achieve? Unless there is evidence that it is some brilliant innovation, I would avoid it like the plague. The FFB is already tricky enough to configure in either Reiza or custom files (or in any other sim, to be honest), so introducing some add-on layer that will distort the real/pure FFB output sounds like a bad idea to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Danielkart

Absolutely your opinion. If the physics is correct as it is now in Ams2, then this internal physics should also be used by the game. The base values are partly only "can effects" that have nothing to do with the game physics. Therefore for me: As little as possible and as much as necessary for the base settings

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So True Force is canned settings? Advertised to "enhance" the experience, no doubt? ;)

16. Danielkart

I don't have a Logitech Base. But as far as I know, this Trueforce converts audio signals into vibrations. That doesn't make any sense to me in a simulation except maybe for arcade racers;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. JDean

JDean New Member

With the Fanatec CSL DD i testet over 40 FFB Files in the last Year and came back today to rFuktor 5.0.1.4 - By Karsten with Shadak, Panos because of the understeer Effekt.
    You can feel the end of grip in the same way like Assetto Corsa (enhanced Understeer activatet).
    In The curves at first your Steering begins to vibrate, and the strenght goes up to an peak. Then if your front wheels loose grip, the steering goes light. I love this :D
    Its so much fun to ride at the Edge of Grip.

To enhance the loose Grip Effekt, edit the Line
    "slip_crossover_line2_start_y " From 0.18 to 0.9 :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Kuku

FFB is essentially an audio signal and your wheel base is the amplifier and speaker….
    I see true force as an extra speaker , like a tweeter.
    It’s no different than using a base shaker in seat .

• Like Like x 1
  19. nabelo

nabelo New Member

What setting do you use for the V46 on your T300?

20. Sudie

Sudie New Member

Totally noob question.
    Does the custom file ignore the in-game ffb sliders? Or can they still be used for basic tuning?
    DD2 user here