1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey Daniel! No, the kart file is unfortunately not yet adjusted as written in the file. I think you have to switch back to defaults. But a good tip from you I actually wanted to correct it in my custom for a long time. When I have more time again I will integrate it into the custom

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks a lot, going to test all these.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke Mulcahy

Luke Mulcahy New Member

Could someone link the latest rfuktor file please? I cant seem to find it anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  4. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Latest one I believe: Post #4768

5. gabe utsecks

gabe utsecks New Member

Hi I'm new to this forum and was reading through your posts in this thread but was seeing so many different FFB files. Could you please link me to your most recent rfuktor one that I am supposed to use for a DD1 wheelbase? I'm a little confused because I'm seeing a lot of different variants of the file, so I'm not sure which one I am supposed to use for AMS2. Thanks!

On the original page I think 5.0.1.3 was the newest, but there were updated files when I was going through all the pages of this thread...

6. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the Danielkart V45 works great. Ic use it with the Fanalab Profiles of Maurice Bündchen from the Fanalab Forum. His Profiles are matched for the V44 Version of Danielkart, but also feels great withe the V45 Version

The last update from Maurice should be the 1.66 BIG FFB Update; FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles - Page 27

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Good morning! fanalab is too buggy for me personally and there are always problems with it. Also the updates of Fanalab are always hit and miss and there are many problems. That's why it's more effective and sensible for me to make the settings directly on the base (actually only gain). But of course you can also use fanalab, but then you have to reckon with problems in other simulations as well

8. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Greetings everyone!
    I just wanted to share my experience with a t300 wheel and DanielKart V45. I have been using Daniels files for a while and trying others as well. The DanielKart files are the absolute best for me on my wheel. Great job bud! I also use the V3 fanatec pedals with vibration motors, All set up in SimHub and the vibration that moves between the pedals and the wheel are a great combo.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just wondering, are the vibration motors noisy?
    Only asking as I've been considering them or some kind of haptic feedback motors for a while but don't want to keep the family awake in the early hours of the morning!

10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi all

Have made a few adjustments to my tune . would describe as a stable beta . i’m still making small changes here and there , but at a slow pace to thoroughly evaluate and only very minor changes.

This file is aimed at driving the wheel that’s giving you info rather than the wheel driving you.
    I have greatly reduced the unrealistic feelings of the wheel pulling left or right when the back wheels are spinning .
    and generally made the speed of the wheel more life like . .

I have included two versions . that have different frequencies of effects.
    Low file might be best for more common consumer wheels and entry DDs

i know some users have said they can’t feel some details in the past or it feels weaker and that might be a case of the wheel base not being able to transfer the same detail or having the dynamic range.

Both files work very well with my Simagic DD with no lack of details or relative strength . I’ve read reports from ex Fanatec CSL DD users saying they feel much more on simagic for example, I certainly feel quite exhausted after a 25mm race on a bumpy track .

The file is still based on the original 5.0.1 file without any structural changes, so other scale values you might prefer are able to be crossed over .

I think it will be a good file for users that struggle to adapt to Ams2 coming from other popular titles, as it’s a lot less hyperactive in the sop department. .

Happy racing

edit : suspension scale might be a bit high , depending on the car.
    Adjust to taste

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Kuku Maddog I see you have an Alpha Mini. I have the Alpha. Just wondering which wheel you have and if it has LED's on it. I can not get them to work in AMS2 for some reason. ACC is fine. Just wondering if you might know how to get them working. Thanks.

12. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Was always wary of these FFB files having gone down the Project Cars rabbit hole years ago looking for answers. However....

Laguna Seca, in the just released VRC Audi 90 GTO mod, in VR, using Open Composite/Open XR Toolkit (with its post processing to make things a little more realistic) on a Rift S, using @Danielkart latest file.

Just wow.

Thank the lord for modders and people who give up their time to help improve the gaming experience for us all !

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

No I have an adapted/converted Thrustmaster wheel on it, , so no bling at all. :(

one day I’d like to get the new GT-S wheel that just come out. wheels are so pricey .

• Like Like x 1
  14. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On system, project cars 2 in the 2 entries and in udp option set to 1. The sim manager has to be open.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Thanks, works like a charm.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just tried this on my simplicity 20nm and love it , not to detailed or hyperactive .
    What effect does the suspension scale that you mentioned have ?
    Many thanks and good job done .

17. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

It's good.... a toss up between this and Daniel's v45 for me... than you Kuku

18. Kuku Maddog

Hi Aza

it utilises the individual spring and damper behaviour .

so it gives bump information and cornering comprehension information without the need for boosted bump scales .

It can be lest jolty because you get the natural resistance to sudden movements from the suspension damper working to stabilise the spring compression.

it’s great for feeling effects of suspension tuning .

but high values on some cars with either very stiff or very soft suspension with lots of suspension travel can have a effect of the wheel movement down a straight for example, so if one side of the suspension is compressing and the other extending due to undulations in track , you will get small left and right movements on the wheel.

some wheels will highlight this more than others .
    maybe the idea range is between 0.4 - 0.7

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Ah I see. Felt good to me tbh but thanks for the info mate .

20. Kuku Maddog

Wheel diameter and weight will be another variable for different user’s.
    that’s why it’s impossible to land on a perfect value to suit everyone .
    pretty much everything can be affected by that when it come to user experience.