Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the qualifying numbers from 1979 Argentina Grad prix. As you can see, just in the top 10 there is a big time difference. 4A4F957B-831E-40A2-95B7-BBF395AFAEA4.png

2. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Yes. That might be a reason. 1979.

3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

From 1979. Ferrari had numbers 1 and 2 in 1980 and the Lotus was painted in blue, red and silver.

4. Janitormentor

I noticed that too. Tried default settings in Estoril 88. Weight distribution might have say in this. I think. Not too bad to drive I prefer less twitchier cars. :D Gamepad user myself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It was on full tank but didnt take the pole, but the drivers got orders to hide the potential of the car.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Lotus 79 and the Brabham BT46B were in use in 1978. So, I think that the Retro_gen 2 Class shall portray that season, where the BT 46B just did one race in Anderstorp.

Edit: The Lotus was also in use in 79.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  7. Janitormentor

Oh yeah. Remembered wrong then. My bad. :D That car was fast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Brabham Turbo BT52 also is way too fast for the Retro_Gen 3. The AI in other turbos of this class have no chance if you do not lower the values for the Brabham within a custom file and give the other cars high values.

9. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

That it was, Lauda had to pretend it wasnt that fast and still won the race.

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again, that is somewhat realistic for the era because they were glass cannons. Lots and lots of turbo failures over the course of a race, not to mention how difficult they are to drive...

Whenever someone makes custom AI for them, (or reiza finishes the individual driver profiles) these cars should wreck a lot more often too. They are unstable, spin the wheels in the first 3 gears on a dry track, and have turbo lag from hell.

11. Theodore Schultz

Well I don’t think the BT49 ran in 78 but my point was the time differences between the cars was vast.

12. Janitormentor

There was big differences in 70's, 80's and even 90's between cars. Don't know too much 50's and 60's. But we are talking about game here. For good races in game there should be less differences in speed and closer competition. Otherwise it becomes boring. Or take always slowest car try to push like hell with that. :D That's my opinion but yours may vary.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. Theodore Schultz

For online I think BOP make sense but if you want to recreate a championship, than I don’t want BOP just the reliability issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

It didn't, but it did race at the end of '79 against the Lotus 79. It was a bit faster, even though Lauda quit after he first drove one in Canada...

And the BT46B in its only race was pretty well matched against the Lotus too.

Oops, thanks for that correction! Yep, does the game have the 1979 Lotus liveries?

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The BT49 ran in 81 and does not fit this car class, as the other cars are from the seventies (Lotus 79=1978/79 and BT46B = 1978 and the fantasy retro model).

16. Janitormentor

This I can agree. I actually prefer HE version of cars, but we need more of them to fulfill those caps. Maybe modders... someday. :D I play singleplayer only with gamepad. Haven't tried online yet.

17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's still quite a bit of this but perhaps most noticeably in my experience is virtually every race has 3-4 AI cars that pull away and remain as a lead group for the entire race, all within 1 second of each other, spending much of the time side-by-side. They do a bit of overtaking of each other along the way, so it's not necessarily predictable which of them will win, but it is predictable that they will stay together in a very tight bunch (unless you get involved in the scrap with them, which can break them up a bit). Even races with pit stops often doesn't result in them separating. AMDM will possibly help, with some AI cars now having breakdowns but racing speed/skill seems to be equal for these bunches during the race. I was hoping the "Consistency" AI parameter might do the trick, meaning some AI cars have some bad laps, but can't say I've noticed it helping. Hopefully the AI devs can work their magic and find a way for cars to sometimes pull away from their bunch, rather than seemingly being stuck in it for the whole race.

Personally, no. I still find there can be a bit of central pivot feeling at very low speeds (eg. pulling out of pit stall) but just tried racing the Nissan GT3 at Estoril 88 and no sign of that feeling during the race. Also tried it at Spielberg (where I used to get very noticeable central pivot feeling at some corners in the GT3s) but all feels good to me now. The rear end can get a bit loose if you give it too much throttle coming out of slow corners but not with that central pivot feel.

18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From a couple full length races I've done, the BT46B's have 3 major weaknesses. Bumpy tracks, sustained high speeds, and reliability.

At tracks where you would think they would do well, like Imola for example, they do well for the first half of the race and then start to faid before either blowing up or coming on strong again at the end. The fans aren't as big as a advantage as the car slows itself down a littlle on the straights as it drags it's arse at top speed. The bumps can also take away most of that downforces in a heart beat, (but that's true of any of the 1979 cars.)

Same thing with Long Beach and Monaco but on the oppsite side of things, they do not like the bumpy track surface, or the curving.

Now at tracks like Suzuka or Kyalami, relatively smooth with a mixuture of fast and slow sections, the BT46 will be hard to beat.

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

My point was that the Brabham, which was in use in 83, is too fast. In 83, Piquet won the title achieving p3 in the last race just two points ahead of Prost in the Renault Turbo. But in Retro Gen 3, this car beats all other turbos by miles. But the season was much closer.
    So, I had to adjust the Brabham's strength in my 83 livery mod/custom file in order to have closer races at the top of the pack.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Just tried to drive the Group C Nissan and my steering wheel thought it was Mazespin (Reverse FFB for non-F1 fans to understand the issue).

• Agree Agree x 1