Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm against BoP'ing things that are not BoP'ed irl.

It is what it is.

Personally I wouldn't like making BoP an option because it would become a standard setting people would set on public servers, or even on scheduled servers.

Yea, I know my preferences shouldn't override how other people want to play the game, but since we are throwing opinions here, these are my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 15
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

But if it's multiplayer without any sort of bop then people will not only choose the clearly faster car and it will be a one car race only? In singleplayer I like an uneven field in general, I like to take the 962c for example that drags behind and try to make a good race with it, but in MP people will probably just take the better car if it's for some rank or scheduled race.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I was referring to the earlier request for an "equal performance setting" for the F1 Retro cars

Think of all the rabbit holes you'd need to go down to account for all possible variables of corners, straights, track condition, atmospheric conditions.
    If you achieve a balance at Jerez, it's probably not going to work at Azure or Spa.
    I don't think attempting to create a BOP in a class that was never designed for it, would necessarily reduce frustration, or provide better racing.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT Sport and GT7 proves people will always pick the best car, BOP or not. So why worry about it?

Also, for cars that existed before BOP was a thing... Reliability IS the BOP. That's the cool thing about the Advanced Damage Model. You can have a stupidly overpowered car, that constantly blows up before the finish unless you turn it down or pit for repairs. Just like real life.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Turbo Granny

Yeah true enough, the Retro Gen 2 and probably the 3 seems impossible to BoP anyways. And some people might still take whatever they fancy the most over the fastest.

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I like the idea of taking the worse car of a class and trying to struggle through a season, like a up and coming privateer. As cool as it is to have all these important cars, I like racing along side of them rather then directly driving them most of the time...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like I said, it is what it is. I'm sure everyone in the current real world F1 grid would pick Verstappen's Red Bull if they could.

In make pretend grids it is possible, so it is what it is :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

On BOP...

If there was no historical BOP... There is zero need for it... We are talking about a simulation here...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did also think i noticed it when on the brakes and turning and that was even with the bias changed from default to 64/36

10. Turbo Granny

Seems like one of those situations where it's impossible to please everyone, I dont know of any game that actually nailed BoP... Hell, even WEC in real life struggled with it the whole 2022 season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Renato already mentioned they apply a small BoP to allow for closer racing when cars were in the same class but were not really competitive while keeping the characteristics of the real cars, for example the McLaren F1 GTR in GT1 which as '97 car in reality was absolutely uncompetitive with the 98 Porsche and Merc, the difference was up to 7 seconds a lap on Suzuka, while in AMS2 it is BoPed to be more in the realm of like 1-2 seconds slower per lap.
    So we are now having a small BoP on some cars already anyway, why not give the option to do a bit more then (while keeping the characteristics of course)?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, same to you. I did drop it from 6 to 4, didn't seem to make a lot of difference, will try 2 tonight

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scar666

That's still not a true BoP where each car can achieve the same laptime even with a different philosophy...

It is disappointing that the gap is so small in comparison to real life, but 2 seconds off the pace is still 2 seconds off the pace... Enough to make the McLaren the handicap car for the faster drivers in league events...

As to why not... I've already stated...

This is a simulation... Bring on further simulation elements... Including massive differences between cars in the same class if that was the case in real life...

It's like bringing in replay flashbacks and other arcade options... I'd much rather Reiza spend their valuable time on bringing in more simulation elements...

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Turbo Granny

I feel it's more like the way the weight of the car shifts than diff settings, maybe because its a taller car compared to the others I dont know, it's a chonker like the M6 but it behaves better after warmed tires and more gentle movements of the wheel. I didnt bring the clutches to 2 though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Scar666

THIS THIS 1,000,000 TIMES THIS!!!

It'd be such a waste of Reiza's time to BoP every class when they could be fixing bugs and bringing in more content...

To put a nail in the coffin of the BoP talk... Just give us sliders for BoP options like adding weight or boost capping... Please Reiza do not waste your time on BoP, focus on the simulation!!!

• Agree Agree x 13
  16. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Agree, for single player it adds much more depth. I remember my Rfactor days when I tried to “do a Moreno” and qualify using an Andrea Moda car in Monaco, or trying to run a full season with a Coloni. It was fun to be the underdog, it add layers to the sim in my opinion. Also, you can even have a fast turbo Brabham, but in a full season you will need to cope with the fragile reliability vs an aspirated one (Piquet was really good in nursing his Brabham for example). Single player experience is much richer with these car differences. For multiplayer it just need to have a “league mode physics” enabled.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's great Reiza are trying to make the cars as true to life as possible.
    However, I also don't see why anyone would object to Reiza giving users a bop option ( maybe only minimal changes like ballast, hp etc). If you don't want to race in a server running bop then don't, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Exactly. Racing shouldn't just be about coming FIRST!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I'll post what Renato said again:
    We already have BoP, just to a smaller degree than some people wish for. And we currently don't have the option to completely deactivate it, it is always there on the cars that have "over or undermodeled" some aspects.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Is it just me or has the damage model been improved for some specific cars in the F-Retro/Classic classes? The MP4/1 and Formula Classic G2M2 for instance have removable engine covers now which I can swear wasn't the case before this update