To devs- Are planned a SteamOS / LInux port?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by leillo1975, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Renoista

Renoista Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. OMG!

OMG! New Member

Hi again. Do you people agree if we start a new thread "Automobilista on Linux" so we can form a community around it? Maybe in General Discussion or in "Help / support". At this moment it would be about wine etc and we could link this thread too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I have no problem, If you know more people that play this game and are linux users, please inform them about this thread and the new one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As linux mint user, I really hope that reiza17 uses vulkan instead of dx. That way could be on steamOS and linux. Right now I only boot windows 8 to play two or three games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I'm in the same situation, I only boot windows to play GTAV, Project Cars and Automobilista. P. Cars and Automobilista only for FF support...

6. OMG!

OMG! New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

8. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

Hi liillo. Well, that is the official way, Automobilista is only here as a fund raiser for their next game with the working title reiza17, and it's supported life cycle is about to end sometime this year, so this is no longtime project. Now, there are still lots of feature requests from the users, such as better AI, Arms, VR and so on... but the time is limited and Reiza has to make compromises what features to add, and I think they are even a little behind their schedule. So, unfortunately porting the game is no option at this time. The only possibility to get it to Linux is to use wine or may be Reiza could sell the rights to port it to Feral Interactive or Aspyr (talking about fund raising... :D), but this would only make sense after 1.5 I guess. However regarding the licensing of the rFactor code I don't know if they would even be allowed to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Thanks for your words. You probbably have the right.

I only have to say that I found a racing game that works well with Force Feedback with wine. This game is Life For Speed, and it runs perfect. Now I see that Wine had implemented Force Feedback in his code. The problem is the compatibility with most of racing games.

10. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Automobilista now works on linux via Steam Play (Proton). The only problem is the feedback support (don't work in my G27)

11. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I have to say that Assetto Corsa (with Wine and Lutris) , Assetto Corsa Competizione and Project Cars (with Steam Play- Proton) works yet with Force Feedback.

12. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

• Like Like x 1