Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

The conversation could be disagreed, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but no, you went the nasty route. How many hrs did you run iracing? Or is this just from here say. As always, time will be the witness

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Matt Holehouse

Matt Holehouse New Member

Best one to have a look at is the Mclaren Senna as that one has the biggest difference for me. Chase cam is loud and sounds good, change to cockpit and the engine is really really quiet. You then have to turn the volume way way up but then of course it turns everything else up louder so you get really loud tyre and other noises. Crewchief then pipes up and blows your head off! ha ha.

Engine volume in audio settings is at 100. (have messed around with all the levels but didn't improve anything). A few other people have agreed with my post, so definitely not just me with the issue, but maybe its just a few users with an issue and not everyone. The issue is there for me on the Nissan GT3. When i first drove it i thought it sounded crap, but that was because the engine level was too low. Turned the volume up and it was better.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not an Issue The McLaren is a street legal car, so the sound can't be that loud.
    I think the in game onboard volume is alright compared with onboard videos on youtube.
    The chase cam volume seems a bit load. (compared to youtube)

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After a couple of races with the new Nissan GT3 and GT1 I must say I am really impressed at how ell the AI now behaves, excellent improvements there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Agree, the problem is that the Nissan GT1 is so slow in lap time but still the fastest on the straights, so the other AI get stuck behind them very often. Not really sure how these AI performances per car are defined, as the Nissan should be at least on par with the McLaren

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how many hours I've run iRacing. I'd have to buy a subscription again to even look at any of my statistics.

And again, you are talking complete nonsense suggesting it is "here say" or hearsay. I've presented FACTS that I find make iRacing a not complete sim. How can they be hearsay??????? You can dislike it all you want, but there is no rain racing in iRacing. Its not hearsay that there is no rain in iRacing. THERE ACTUALLY ISN'T RAIN IN iRacing. Anyway, I'm not spending more time on this nonsense OT.

7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These are my audio balance settings inside AMS2 (don't pay attention to audio device, I started the game on monitor without turning on the VR headset just to get this pic). I know I can tweak these around to get a better balance for the Nissans. Problem is, they work well in all of the cars, and I think it's not good if I have to change it for driving specific cars, when cars on the same class as those don't have the same issues.

I always max tyre volume in all sims because the squeal sound cues help a lot in telling what's happening with the longitudinal and lateral grip of the wheels. It's something that I inherited since GPL days, and then tweaked the volume values at rFactor 1 files to achieve the same result.

I reckon that the reason why many drivers don't have this issue is because of how they balance their sounds. With these settings, this pops out noticeably in both the R390 and R89C, while still working fine in other cars.

upload_2023-1-3_11-51-52.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matt Holehouse

Matt Holehouse New Member

But, its the same for me for the r89c, the gt1, the GT3 etc etc. I just gave the Senna as an example as I think that one is the worse. also, its a track biased road car with a V8. It shouldnt sound like a hair dryer unless you turn the volume up to double what other cars need . Could just be something to do with my system, but no problems with any other cars (including the street cars that were already in the game) it's just the supercars and Nissan cars that have just been added that have the issue. Fiddled with lots of settings and audio levels and doesn't help. Some other people have the issue so not just me. Will wait to see if anyone else has any thoughts on this or maybe a solution to sort it. Bit obsessed with the MP4/5 at the moment so the tin tops can wait!

9. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Well to be fair, the drivers don’t hear all that sound anyway with the layers of head protection, ear protection and the helmet. ;)

10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?:
    Shorts and a Polo-shirt is enough protection. thats also what I wear on trackdays.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. Manbird12000

Is anyone else experiencing funky tire wear on the cars on the latest RC build? No matter how hard I drive any of the cars, they barely wear down at all. Or sometimes one tire will really wear down (front left) while the others remain relatively new. The Brabham BT62 is the worst offender, those tires don’t wear down at all. And that’s after 4 laps sliding around the Nord like a madman on a suicide mission.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Manbird12000

Then put on a helmet and ear protection and problem solved! ;) I apologize if you missed my sarcasm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20230103_112918.jpg
    Okay folks, since everyone is being all serious. Here's a good, high quality meme to make you laugh...

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Does that mean we have to remove the livery override for Classic Gen 2 and Gen 1?

15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is that a reference to the historic tourist fart we're supposed to get later this month? :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I done this, waiting a new skin's release with the new parameters.
    :)

17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I was more referring to on-the-fly hotkey changes personally but I never actually knew this! Handy to know

18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

nice fart time job

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There is already a new version for Gen1 at RD. Gen 2 and Gen 4 (the former Gen 3) must be adjusted (did it already for personal use) and will follow soon.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

The here say was about your usage of iracing. It’s amazing you had rented it. Most people can’t race in dry conditions but it’s nice to have, that doesn’t make ams2 the all mighty. That wasn’t enough for LFM to get onboard. You can sit here and deny all you want that there’s not things missing in ams2 that’s keeping people away or have left. Keep doing the same thing over and over again. The tires and parts left on the circuit, obviously it can’t be fixed or it would have been. Is this a go kart race with all the guys racing and no Marshalls, no medics, so **** is left on track. MP people will choose a standing start (want a rolling start)to manipulate the weird dropping you in the car rolling at 50+ mph and crash if your wheel is not dead center. Why not start on pit lane and exit to the grid that’s the simulated way!? You’ve got rain, nice, but can’t start the race with normalcy.

I was responding to the other guy not you but you’ve got to put your half a cent in and start ****. No one can have an opinion, it has to be exactly like you, jawohl !

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1