Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Bro, do you really think AMS2 could be a simcade? In what universe?

2. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Posted about this in the beta, guess couldn't get to it in time for release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK, it's for haptics/tactile feedback, frequencies you can't hear but can feel through vibrations. LF is low frequency, E, cannot recall.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Effect, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

2020 gave us this explanation...

6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What I have learned in my short but frequent time on the forum is there are a handful of people on here who basically having nothing of value to contribute and I either just block them or skip over what they say. I am all for criticism but when it is constructive and leads to attainable improvements. Reporting is specific bugs or issues is great and welcomed but continuing to go on about MP and making comparisons to other sims is tiring and makes the AMS2 community look like whining ungrateful children.

• Agree Agree x 28
  7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I hereby thank the "Ignore" button for services rendered last year, and promise to appreciate said button even more in 2023...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this is why we both watch Phil at SRB every single time he is on because of his attitude towards sim racing. There enough much negativity in the world, I also don’t need it is my “leisure” activity. I have rewatched him drive the M4/5b for the first time and around Monaco multiple times to as it just puts a smile on my face to watch someone get that much enjoyment and have appreciation for the hard work Reiza has done.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Hmm. Drove F-Classic Gen2 cars. NA cars was faster than turbos. Almost identical top speed. Even with turbo boost at max. Otherwise default settings but few tweaks to gear ratios. Jacarepagua 88 and Estoril 88 was testing grounds. Difference was in tenths but generic turbo was slowest in Jacarepagua by over a second. Highest HP NA car was fastest. And I didn't need to push like hell. Something wrong somewhere? In Estoril both NA cars was faster than turbos. Same settings. Thoughts?

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Only watching apex's and exit's leads to narrow - minded thinking.

Vorwärts,Rechts um.Und Maschieren 1,2,1,2:)

11. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Accurate or excessive aren’t the words I’d use, per se. Essentially, some rebalancing was done to be more reflective of expectations with pit windows in mind.
    Some of the classes have had this wear and degradation update. Im not sure if it made it to the change log though. GTE, GT3 and Formula Classic for now. This was done in an effort to have the UI reflect the actual state of the tire in a more straightforward fashion.
    The GT3 “soft” was balanced to reach 80% wear, 20% life in about 1/2 tank at tracks that are hard on tires. (Such as kansai) The GTE “soft” was balanced to reach 80% wear, 20% life in a full tank and the classics were balanced for a 0, 1 or 2 stop strategy at full F1 race distance, depending on the compound you are using.
    If you are so inclined, adding x2,3,4 or 5 tire wear should add another dimension to your races, depending on your race length settings.
    This is still subject to refinement of course, so please post your wear results because everyone’s track choices, conditions and driving style differ.
    Each of the compound types, soft, medium and hard also have different degradation. Softs mostly keeping pace until 20% life left and having a sharper decline post 20%. Mediums less pace over time but a more relaxed dropoff, and the hards degrading more, and having the least drop off.
    Hypothetically, if you are a regular MP host, adding a wear modifier could yield some more interesting races.
    As AMS2 matures and more players become accustomed to these elements, tire strategy should become part and parcel to even a simple sprint race.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Okay. Tested in Monza. NA car was second faster than turbo. Default settings but 100 turbo boost in turbo car. And there seems to be a bug on LD settings. Car model have correct LD variant but front wing shows still 18 and rear wing 4. Should those be lower? Same as default settings when I drove in Jacarepagua and Estoril.

13. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Well, I just did a Formula Classic Gen1 race in the Lotus 98T, at modern Jerez, with surround sound on my headphones, and it was basically the best thing ever :)

(until I get classic Jerez, update the paints/AI, and learn to use my H-Shifter :D:p)

• Like Like x 2
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

SimRacing604 and RevRideReason are also fun AMS 2 streamers for this reason, they actually try to *enjoy* themselves :D (and GS Sim Racing!)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I recommend those youtubers as well, most of the other ones sound like spoiled children who have no idea how blessed we are to have such dedicated developers and awesome racing sims. It’s nice to see people enjoy this gem and give it the credit it deserves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Is that planned for the other classes with racing compounds as well, especially the historic ones? Are there planned to be differences based on how the real counterparts managed their tyres?

Also does tyre wear result in the same amount of grip lost for all cars in a class? So for example the Sauber C9 at 50% wear loses the same amount of grip as the Nissan R90 at 50% wear?

• Like Like x 3
  17. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

MP4/4 is very good
    Is there a boost button that we can use for this car ???

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, the boost button works but it will only add a tiny bit of extra boost because the car is already running at 90% in default setup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

How are the AI speeds determined by the way? In GT1 right now it a very clear Merc>McLaren>Porsche>Nissan with the Nissan being extremely slow when it *should* probably be Merc>Porsche>Nissan> or =McLaren in most cases based on their real performance.