Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

How customisable is the ai in AC? Is it like AMS2? I feel like one of AMS2’s main selling points is that you can change certain things to make the sim personalised.

2. thegreatradish

thegreatradish New Member

Excellent work, the Formula Classics are so much fun and look/sound great.

Just wondering if the new Gen 3 model 2 (Didcot Racing) is meant to have quite so much BHP? I don't think Renault were quite there yet in 1990/ That class is begging out for a 641 like model. Always wanting more :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

If you use the Content Manager, you have a large variety of options, from the behavior to the car model and even it's skin. The issue is when you and the AI are racing. The thing can be relatively fast (I believe that AC AI at it's maximum skill is faster than AMS2's at it's peak), but it behaves as a slot car controlled by a baboon with ADHD.

I played AC as my main race sim from 2015 until short after AMS2 1.0 release. Reiza's actual AI still needs a long way to go, but compared with AC's it's some generations more advanced.

If AC AI weren't soo bad, I would be still playing that game because of some content (both mod and some stuff from Kunos).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AC numbers are inflated by drifters and roamers as well as the fact that the sim and the mods make it for free pretty much..

5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Apologies if this has been answered already but I couldn't find anything regarding this question.
    Are the tyres on the new HyperCar and supercar really supposed to be slicks ? Seems odd to me as they are both meant to be road legal I think.
    I'm sure I saw a response regarding this stating that the tyres fitted were grooved slicks , when I've inspected them closely there is no detail or grooves in the tyre whatsoever!
    Slightly confused tbh .

6. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

You forgot to mention the fact that the AI are ridiculously slow off the line so you can normally make up plenty of spaces by the first corner. Otherwise, your description is spot on. There is a reason it's used by freeroam and drift enthusiasts as the slot car AI is fine for the former and not required for the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Don't forget, you enjoy the privilege of sponsoring certain people via Patreon if you want rain and the fancy new shaders. What's not to like?:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah I think the engine has a little too much HP in it right now :whistle: Not tested to see if it's overpowered or anything relative to the rest yet though

Speaking of that 641 idea, to give my one complaint on the new content, honestly I'm personally hoping that the other generic cars' current models are just placeholders for now or that they get an upgrade to be more representative: 1988-designed cars feel kind of out of place in a field based around the 1990 season (excluding Coloni, they were the only team that still had a design that looked like that but...come on, they were Coloni) however I suppose beggars can't be choosers, I'll take it in exchange for that glorious MP4/5B and the new generic car at least
    A 641 for the V12 and maybe a B190 and CG901 for the V8 models would be nice but I don't wanna get wishlisty

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Ugh the drifters. They infiltrate every sim forum. I remember when ACC first came out and people were asking which cars you could drift with. Yes, you drift with GT3 cars...

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

AC has attracted quite a following based on Free-roaming and Drifting, for sure. I know people that use it exclusively for that purpose but, I was recently surprised to find that some RL drifters use rF2 for practice purposes. o_O:)

11. Racinglegend1234

Realism might not be important for the majority

12. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I drove today earlier F-Classic Gen3 race in Silverstone 91. 120 difficulty and 16 laps. I think balance is guite good all around. V-10 generic model isn't overpowered but V12 model could use little performance boost. Gear ratios are little odd. Maybe they change those in future. I noticed that McLaren cars started at back. Bug? Did race only and random grid slots. I myself drove fastest V8 model (Model 4?). I was 15:nth. Made couple mistakes and AI did also. Fun race. Now it's Gen4 time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jugulador

With the proper eurobeat, I can drift GT3, F1, Copa Truck, bikes, shopping carts and even a Spitfire

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

New video from Gamermuscle
    Drifting a spitfire

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Track day slicks. Most people with track-able cars have a set of slick or semi-slicks for track days. These tires wear very quickly and can usually only handle light rain (people don't do track days in inclement weather in exotic cars unless they have Elon Musk's bank account).

I believe that Reiza has improved the wet traction, probably beyond realistic levels, so we can have more fun in more aspects of the game. So, the graphical representation of the tires or even the supposed model of tire may not always be accurate or followed to the tee. That's the beauty of a sim. You can make a tire that works and then find a real-world equivalent afterwards...or vice versa!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Jugulador

Believe... right after the shopping cart, the Spitfire is the easier lol

17. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Theoretically you could if the tail wheel can be unlocked. Those babies will do lovely pirouettes!

18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No limitations. The tires have a limited space to occupy within the modeled wheel well, and the geoms, size of the tire, how much it rotates on its axis are all considerations. silly things happen when the tire contacts the model. iirc the SV8 hard had a carcass architectural problem and was over pressured, so it may be similar. Here the tires are properly constructed, its the amount of lock that appears to cause the issues.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

What´s with alll these lobbies with endless practice sessions and no racing? Don´t people know there are multiple single player options for hotlapping????

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

But you can't play demolition derby with the AI!!!

On a more serious note, sometimes there are scheduled races or league races that have open practice sessions leading up to the event.

But if it's a random lobby, my experience is it's probably the first one ;)