Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are these crazy things called licenses. Reiza can't just add any car whenever they feel like it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There aren’t any plans to make the GTR less oversteery. The 2017 has less aero, a relatively high CoG and a rather forward weight distribution, all things that were improved by Nissan in 2018. These things alone all tend towards a resistance to turn in, and a touchy exit if the driver “over-forces” rotation early in in the corner and most exit issues are caused by things that happen earlier in the corner, setup or driver input alike.

I drove the GTR in a MP lobby just today and found it completely acceptable, even with 2 rear wing at monza, but I’m always tinkering so, here’s what I suggest.

Although people say to reduce the clutches it hurts the car. Its strength is its HP and acceleration and although reducing clutches will free up its entry a bit, when traction is lost on exit, it will reduce power.

So instead, try softening the rear arbs. Stiffen the front rebound dampers, soften the the rear bump dampers. Also, increase front toe. (And by increase, i mean make it a click more negative, “toe out” in other words.) This should make entry a but more responsive, but dull front tire exit traction. Camber the rear a bit more. Use onboard traction control as well. Finally, you could soften the rear springs, but you’d want to increase rear ride height with it by about 2mm per spring click. But only do that if the other adjustments arent enough as it effects the car globally.

Ultimately, everyone loves a car that rotates well and plants on throttle. This car naturally resists this, so keep that in mind.

As far as driver inputs are concerned, try braking a bit earlier, trail braking less. This leaves some traction on the fronts for rotation, then anticipate exit oversteer by relaxing the turn at the right moment and feeding throttle.
    Its not going to plant like a porsche, so you’ll need to make sure its straight before going full beans.

If all the above fails…reduce clutches to 4 and perhaps preload. What matters most is getting comfortable with the car and finishing the races.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Truth be told, even with licenses probably an expensive thing, Reiza have been doing a pretty good job in bringing interesting cars and tracks to the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel this one would fit perfectly in that fast french track DLC, well, one can dream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

With historic Bathurst incoming, am I allowed to dream?
    [​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

How about a Torana XU1 or Ford Falcon XC hardtop or Cobra to go with that Bathurst historic.

I remember watching the 77 race with the famous Moffat/Bond 1-2 finish in the XC hardtop as an early teen (hmmm, would have been 13 at the time). In those days you were either a Ford family or a Holden family, and we were most definately a Ford Family :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I never joke with Spitfire, drift, eurobito, salt in my snacks and sugar on my candies. But will joke less about drifting a Spitfire.

9. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Let's go all in for an historic Aussie Rivalries DLC: :D

Australian Group C - Gen 1 (1972)
    - Holden LJ Torana GTR-XU1
    - Ford XY Falcon GTHO Phase III

Australian Group C - Gen 2 (1978)
    - Holden LX Torana SS A9X
    - Ford XC Falcon Cobra/Hardtop

Australian Group C - Gen 3 (1984)
    - Holden Commodore VK
    - Ford Falcon XE

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GP box set.png
    Huh, wonder where they got this idea?

Also, should I get it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Just had another idea regarding the Nissan R390 models. Since we all agree having both models is a cool thing for sure and it doesn't really make sense to call one or the other the Low Downforce version, maybe make them just selectable and not having it forcefully have a Low Downforce variant if it didn't have one in reality?

Or perhaps somehow have it tied to the livery slots, half of them the 97 model and the other half the 98 one? Not sure how technically feasible that is, just an idea that crossed my mind, might also be relevant for other cars in the future.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a bit of a breakthrough with this car a couple of nights ago and it increased straight line speed and settled it down as well. The adhustments i made may not be recommended by those in the know but I am happy with them. I think I dropped the diff to 2, made all rear suspension 2 clicks lower than the front, reduced rear camber by 0.5, increased rear toe to 0.4, reduced rear arb to 1, made the rear tyres 10kpa lower than front and changed the brake bias to 66/34. The values may be seen to be extreme but I found the car a lot easier to handle around a tight twisty jerez 88 and had no ill effects from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

There is only one Australian car missing:

[​IMG]

The explosions are not optional... Reiza will make it work.

• Funny Funny x 9
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Both men are heroes to Australia

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You have maybe heard this before, but is it possible to add a aero balance like ACC to make aero setup easier? Is it also possible to add something like the setup engineer in PC2 or can someone make a mod for it instead?

• Like Like x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:D
    upload_2023-1-5_11-10-21.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I can’t say of that’s possible or planned.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

If the doors to modding are opened wide enough by Reiza... That won't be a pipe dream...

But there's always part of me that would be waiting overnight to be first in line for some 80s touring cars brought to the sim racing world by Reiza...

• Like Like x 3
  19. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why Reiza can not set this changes as default setup?

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They could, but they maybe don’t want to

• Agree Agree x 1