Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone had any stuttering issues since the last update? I am getting them in every race now and some are quite significant.

2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

none
    I did reset everything back to minimum though & carefully upped a few settings but not ti much to ensure super smooth visuals ( VR user ), advised after every major update

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed it not running quite as smooth as before but not really major dips.

4. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Nothing too serious, but a couple of times the game went haywire, as if it was in fast forward mode. But it quickly disappeared again; I’m keeping an eye on it.

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

80's and early 90's definitely were the peak of F1.

Lucky of you guys who watched it live. I don't think F1 will ever reach that level of greatness again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish the excellent BT49 had more relevant competition (FRetro Gen 2.5 anyone?). Here featured in the last race to feature seven different DWCs on the grid (Piquet, Prost, Rosberg, Mansell, Fittipaldi, Jones, Andretti):

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

F1 was better before Bernie had his coup de'état... :whistle:

Before the whole ground effects debacle and too much focus on aero over the car in the 90s... Some great looking cars and sounds, but that was the beginning of the current problem with F1... All of the different attempts to create racing with the aero over the car making it very hard to get close to another car...

Back when a small team with a well designed car could make a difference the sport had a different soul to it...

8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it still common practice to delete the car setups with these updates?

9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone's favorite era of F1 is the one you grew up with. And while I love almost all eras of F1 I do think it's silly to think it'll never reach that greatness again. Especially considering it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows due to saftey not being up to snuff and large gaps between the haves and have not.

This isn't to say that your opinion is "incorrect" but it is a reminder to not let nostalgia cloud your judgements. Every era has something to love about it and sometimes looking too hard at the past makes you forget what you have here and now. If you think being born to late to experience the 80s and 90s F1 was bad, imagine if you were old enough but willfully ignored it as it happened because "it wasn't as good as it was in the 50s and 60s." If we are not careful, we could be that person too busy wishing it was the past, the one who missed out on some of the most legendary moments in Grand Prix racing. Of course not saying you are that person, but that all of us (including myself) have the potential to be that person.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I grew up watching the races of the late 60s (when broadcasting here did only cover a few races) and 70s, but I liked the 80s and early 90s F1 the most, too. ;):rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I wasn't a huge F1 fan, well I wasn't an active watcher at least up until about the 2019 season (thanks Charles :D Monza 2019 is still special to me) but I've always been a huge fan of historical stuff so my favourite era is honestly pretty much anything between 1967-2006, with special love to the 80s and early 90s like a lot of others are saying

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes sense, good to hear its not a limitation. Look forward to seeing the Brabham patched, for now I'll just not turn the lock all the way up.

One thing thats been around for a long time now (well, since the begining) is Camber not showing up correctly on wheels, you can set up cars with ridiculess amounts of negative camber and the still look like they are dead straight, I gather this is hard to fix as its been with us for the duration of the sims life now. I'd love to see this fixed but it seems its a general problem with the Madness engine as its been around sincie Project Cars

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It can't be nostalgia on my part, since I was born in 1988, didnt watch it "for real" until Schumacher was winning everything with Ferrari (which was pretty boring to me back then and still is).

But yea, I know. What I said was a fallacy (generalization, I guess?), since I don't know what the future brings, so you are correct to some degree. We have hints though, they don't look good.

14. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I drove in Estoril 88 test day and found maybe a bug. Drove F-Classic Gen3 Model 3 car. Delta lap time freezing sometimes. Works afterwards when completing a lap.

Tested different tyre compounds. Hard (B) seems pretty slow comparing medium (C) and softest (D) is also slow when comparing to medium tyre. Sure you can drive on hards without pitstop, but I think mediums can too. Default settings were used.

Lap times were:

Hard (B): 1:20.2

Medium (C): 1:18.5

Soft (D): 1:17.7

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Seeing as you mentioned me, I do run alot of live servers indeed, but, I'm afraid I have to tell you that it is usually not without issues.

Over Christmas and since the update I've had folks reporting the loss of onboard TC & ABS bug is back, I've had folks join and get in the car only to find the mirrors are greyed out.

There have been disconnects (I've several times been disconnected from my own server).

The weirdest one recently was someone being on track for the start of a race, they could see their hud and mirror and drive, but the car was in the garage. That was a new one on me I can tell you!

Then there are long standing bugs like when a car gets damaged and pits to fix it, from that drivers perspective the car is fixed both visually and physically. However to everyone else the car still has all the visual damage, which makes knowing which cars to avoid as they may be slow due to damage difficult and looks terrible of course.

There are quite a few more aswell.

As many of you know I love this sim, however there are alot of bugs and I'd be happy for the next update to have no new content and just fix them all! I know thats probably not that easy but im just saying!

If I was to rate the sims I know the best and use most frequently in order of the least bugged to the most bugged (Least bugged at top) it would go like this.

ACC
    RF2
    AMS2

I of course would love to see the MP experience improved and for the server to have more control over things (like RF2), however I have faith that Reiza are working on it, They always said it was going to be a long dev process. I also have to say aswell, even with all the problems It also remains the easiest sim for me to quickly boot up a server for a casual race with mates, or for a livestream, which is why I use it alot. So its giot its pros and cons.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes my friends and myself have noticed this and not since this update but from the one before Christmas. Seems it sort of micro stutters more now. However I used to run AMS2 with V-Sync on and now I don't so to be absoloutely fair I'd have to try running it with V-Sync on again to check its not that, but I really don't think it is, and FPS is pretty constant with it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good info. Thanks.

The benefit of hards isn't just saving a pit stop, but they do function more effectively at higher track temps. Also mixing compounds on each of the corners of the car was indeed a strategy. So for example if you think you can do a no-stop strat on mediums, but the track is harder on the left front (like silverstone), you are able to put a hard on only the left front. Which was allowable at this time period. it isn't today though.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

very small bug: when i turn on the light in the porsche gte, the screws on the steering wheel lighting up, too

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Set "render frames ahead" to 1.
    See if it helps,i onlydrive with V-sync on.

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks mate, already done though