Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Visual bug/glitch. No idea if it's on your side or everyone has it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The oval AI maybe buggy but the online oval experiences are great when you get some good pings together...

The Opala... Who needs NASCAR... That's a hoot!!!...

• Like Like x 1
  3. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The MP4/5B & MP4/6(plus a few of the older) Formula Classic cars have a super-annoying gear change ‘clunk and rattle’ sound in cockpit view, that shouldn’t either be there, or heard over a loud engine note.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I think I worked out the stutter issue, it is relating to when the AI pits, this is an old bug but seems to have returned after not being noticeable for a while. I believe it happens if you have the pit crew visible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Maybe this is also noted, but should be an easy fix, the max qty of cars for old Spa has increased on 1000km layout to 32 cars, but the old Spa with chicane hasn’t increased the qty, it’s still 20 cars. Can this be addressed? Thanks

Ps: loving all the new content, also was really surprised to have a misfire on Estoril in the 86 stock car during my qualifying, first time it happened to me, ruined my qualy lap but made me smile, so immersive!

pps: I don’t know if it’s a glitch, but when running old Jerez in the rain on the BT49, the tire screech sound is the same as slick tires on a dry track. Weird, but I assume easy to fix?

great work, cannot stop playing this. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

While in voice chat me and a friend noticed we get stutters at the same location online.

So if i was ahead I'd mention to him I just had a stutter and he'd pass the same corner and experience the same and this happens on different tracks.

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I sometimes get a short stuttering, too, when I activate my binded button for requesting a pitstop on my wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Just one question: Is the Snetterton bug fixed by now?
    I mean, its a week later isn't it?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remeber some of the Reiza guys worked over the holiday and are proably taking a break now... Give it a few more days.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Basically the whole team did. The Team is on a break indeed, expect it to go about another week still.

• Like Like x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Get your Z's guys, yall earned it!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

And they deserve it. Good lord people give them a break and be patient. Lol

• Like Like x 4
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No, the track is still in the game. :p

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Long story short, maybe. :D

English is not my native language so there might be some mistakes in writing.

I drove full race in Silverstone 91. 110 difficulty and medium aggression. F-Classic gen3. I drove model 4. Went surprisingly well, just one crash with ai on lap 3 with kamikaze divebomb. Maybe it was McLaren who was 4-5 second faster per lap. :D No collision damage on that time or my race would have ended there. Dropped to last.

59 laps and no pitstop. Many of the Ai drivers did not make pitstop. Maybe 25% left at front left tyre, others 40-50 %. So front left was hard tyre, others were medium. My tires felt good at the end and grip was good.

Came 9:th position after started 24:th. There was dnf:s. 19 cars made it. At first half of the race I was pretty slow with full tank, but then after 30 or so laps car felt lighter and could make better times and catch cars on front of me.

I found odd that AI lap times didn't fluctuate as much as mine. Do they use fuel at all in races or how they tires behave, become slippier or something? I had no chance to keep up at the beginning of the race. Or maybe player tyre needs more dropoff so not too much grip in the end? They basically drove same lap times all race, I think, between 1:28-1:30 mostly. My laptimes were between something 1:31 (beginning) and 1:27 (ending). McLaren cars started back, again (bug?). They were aliens. Lap times were 1-1.5 seconds faster than other fast drivers, 1:26-1:27. They retired same lap both. Other car was in first at that time.

AI cars are pretty fast in fast corners. And they seem to slow down finish line straight. Or accelerating too slow in last corner. I could almost always pass car in that straight before first corner. Draft seems little too underpowered with ai cars, none of the cars passed me on straights, but I overtook many of them and draft was good and not too overpowered.

Blue flags was interesting. AI to AI overtakes they had little trouble. Slow ai didn't slow too much, faster cars just push through. Myself I didn't have problem when overtaking lapped cars. To me blue flags was shown too early. Wasn't too much a problem because didn't get penalty. Don't know that even supposed to happen. Maybe?

It was fun race. Maybe drop difficulty little bit and try different strategy in next race when playing/driving again.

Short story became long. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

Olá !!!
    A small bug, wiper not working in Nissan R390 GT1 LD.

Thanks !!! Happy 2023

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get them every time the collision physics kicks in. So at the start of the race with AI cutting corners and banging into each other.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

that is from reiza official youtube not only mine

• Like Like x 1
  19. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I posted about the same bug two days ago, on the official bug forum. This should be easy to fix, hopefully. Happy 2023!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Avalon4

Avalon4 New Member

Hi everyone, new member here and looking to have some fun discussions!

Overall, I love AMS2 and I think it has so much potential. One thing I've noticed though is that during qualifying and races the AI has some real issues with overtaking and always seems to clump into groups of at least 3. What's more the defensive AI seems far more competent than the offensive AI, which also leads to very little overtaking happening.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this (I have reported this on the AI thread as well).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1