Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Can I ask a question, want to report a bug in time trials, but don't know where to post it. Daytona time trials racers are going thru the pits to start time trail. There are cones in that lane that say 37 mhp. Time trails start on the track, not in the pits at 170 mph. Kart Kraft just cancel time trail runs for the same reason. If you want game to be like real racing this is not it. can you past this on to can check and see if its legal. Thanks

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Official Time Trial Report Topic

3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The trucks really need a good skin set...

I can't wait for that one ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Mitsubishi Lancers need some Nascar livery loving ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I am having a problem thou, this Truck does not have a livery overlay anywhere to download ! It is the "Vulkan Truck".
    20230109132051_1.jpg
    Some time ago there was a comment about it not being available, and it is still not available. I cannot complete the livery pack without it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've forwarded the missing Vulkan Truck Template.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Question how's the bop in GT1 class? Also now that the Nissan got added. Thanks in advance

8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

From my observations the Merc and the Porsche are very close on 1-lap pace on higher downforce tracks, and the Nissan and the McLaren quite a bit behind, on lower downforce tracks the Merc is clearly the fastest and the other 3 kinda close.
    Didn't do any endurance testing or generally race pace though with the Nissan, the other 3 were a bit closer in longer races compared to 1-lap pace from my experience.

9. Daniel Goulart

Daniel Goulart New Member AMS2 Club Member

In high altitude tracks (Like Kyalami, Brasilia) the Porsche and Nissan are the best because of the turbo

• Informative Informative x 5
  10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

delete

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Things I do to alleviate the concerns you've raised:

a) Require a mandatory pitstop when setting up the race. I generally find that AI use fairly sensible pit strategies so that works well.

b) For the player gaining pace relative to AI issue, I start the race on the softest "B" tire and then switch to "C" on my pitstop.

Not saying either as a defense (e.g. "B" tire is always faster and lasts just as long as the other compounds, but this helps manage my pace relative to the AI); that's just what I've been doing to make the races more fun.

12. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Personally I don't like mandatory pitstops. But if I put tyre wear rate to 2x of default there should be an AI pitstops, maybe. I don't mind if AI doesn't make pitstops but variation would be nice. Some AI make pitstop, others don't.

You mean D (soft), C (medium) and B (hard)?

That was test race, but I had to point out some things. Next race maybe drive soft and make that one pitstop at least. Soft tyre is usually 2-3 seconds faster per lap than hard depending on track you drive. Maybe less in some, examples be monza and old hockenheim.

Thinking about race in jacarepagua 88 with F-Classic gen1 cars. Gonna drive model 2. Fronts gonna be under heavy load in there. Maybe medium fronts and soft rears or hard fronts and medium rears. Maybe aggressive first stint and second then little bit tyre managing. That depends on car setup.

What tires AI use as default? And how's the fuel loads and such? I know AI does use different physics from player.

13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

For me there's a couple of things that just break the immersion of a stint against the AI in AMS2...

The tyre wear rates are different between player and AI... Tinkering with the Tyre Management trait can only do so much and in some instances it works as intended, but most cars with more than 1 dry tyre option for the player aren't tuned well in terms of wear rates compared to the player... There's usually a point around 75% in on a stint where there's plenty of time to be gained by the player... This could also be due to the following...

The AI doesn't seem to have gains or penalties for fuel weight... They'll do close to their qualy times throughout the race... The Formula V12 is a great example of this...

The AI doesn't use any fuel mapping options so runs out of fuel laps before I do even with 1.0 in their fuel management trait... In the CART gen 1 cars I can do a full Elkhart Lake race on 2 stops, the AI needs 3...

But it's the AI, even in the big studio titles there's a lot of ways to game the AI... It's just the nature of a simulated brain vs the PC requirements to achieve conscious thought... Whilst we are getting close the majority of people will not have the PC requirements so there's no escaping the programming that can be gamed... There's just improvements that can be made to blur the line between predictable programming and believable other drivers...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Did a race while ago. F-Classic gen1. Drove model 2. 100 dif and medium aggression. Only 2 of AI drivers did not finish. Most of AI made pitstop during race including me.

My lap times were between 1:30-1:33 something. AI mostly lapped same times a whole race. AIs best lap time was about 1:28. Fuel consuption was on and accelerated tyre wear. I was slower at the beginning of the race but near the end I could keep up the pace against AI better.

Next time gonna try fuel consuption off.

15. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the real have a higher tone and is a little bit screamer? And the gearbox sound level is too high for me ingame.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Quick question, does over the course mean Bathurst could be released any time in January?

17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ideally, yes, but it could just as well mean that the main bulk of work should happen then, and that the track will be released after it has gone through the beta testing and release candidate phases, some time after January.

18. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good point. Your side by side also makes me want to revisit my camera settings which like yours are locked to horizon with little to no shake.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  19. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I agree on the gearbox for sure, seems to be very much on the foreground in AMS2 generally speaking.
    But the issue with onboards, and especially with open-wheelers seems to be relentless clipping/distortion on the audio signal. It's gonna sound very "raw" that way.
    Since we're trying to simulate here, the question is; how do things sound inside the helmet.
    I might be in the minority here, but I think some of the newer offerings are pretty accurate in that regard.
    I appreciate that somewhat muffled and subdued isn't everyone's cup of tea.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think the new cars’ sounds are still WIP. Heard it somewhere

• Like Like x 1