Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you haven’t, check out Tarmac Terrorist’s YouTube video, “AMS2. A Subjective View on New Camera Settings For Both Screen & VR Driving & Why I Love Them!”.
    It’s a superb overview of Camera Movement.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

You mind find it more natural with a little movement built in , say 15-20 for example.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know the next update is still a while away, but I'm sitting here thinking about Bathurst 83, and it's come to my attention, we currently don't have any cars that would be approprate to drive on that circuit. The only cars from the early 80's we currently have are the 1983 era F1 cars which wouldn't have realistically raced around here.

The cars we do have,
    -Group A is set in the 90's and is specifically named GERMAN GROUP A. I don't think Reiza is going to throw anything Australian specific into the class.
    -Group C is way too fast and dangerous to be realistic, and it's also set in the late 1980's
    -GT Classics is set in the mid 1970's, and of course are GT cars, and not touring cars.
    -The touring cars are also set in the Mid 1970's and although they best fit the Bathrust 1000 theme, they still aren't quite right considering the sort of cars that actually raced in 83. (BMW 635 CSi, Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore, Mazda RX-7 and Nissan Bluebird) I guess you could sub the CSI for the 2002 Turbo and Camaro for the Vette, but even then, the cars we have are too stock to really match what they would have looked like in the ATCC.

I don't know, just seems like a extreamly odd year choice and extreamely un-Reiza like considering how consistant and themed all their other DLC was. Why was 83 selected? Was there some major track change in 1984, or was that race that year significant in some way?

We do currently have Chevy, Holden (GM), BMW and Nissan, in the game, plus Ford as a engine suppler for the CART cars. Could we see a early 80's touring car pack with Bathrust, or at least a fictional "Super V8 Historic?"

I guess the Copa Historic cars could also work, Although I assume most will struggle going up the hill?

What are ya'll planning to drive/driving at bathrust? I'm genuinely curious. Because as far as I can tell, we don't have anything 1980's era tin top to drive on this track?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Kuku

Your forgetting all about the Minis.
    They are great there. And the old Opala’s feel quite Monaro like .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's what the AMS2cars site shows when you filter for the 80's:
    [​IMG]

I have no idea how accurate the info on there is though. I'm not a car guy so to speak, so I don't remember the years or history of pretty much any car in the game.

I'd have to see the track myself before deciding what I really want to drive there, but assuming it's roughly the same layout, then maybe GT4's, the lower prototype classes or something like that. The Procar might be an... interesting experience too.

6. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

found these in the '20s.. those are 70's cars.. soooo
    upload_2023-1-12_18-45-58.png

7. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think those are modern versions of the classic cars. The site says this when you go to the description of the Brazilian Classics:

"Automobilista 2 includes multiple classes of "new old" Brazilian racing classics. These are current day takes on historic racing cars: Old Stock Opalas, Copa Classics and Copa Fusca.

These are not to be confused with the original classes from decades ago. For example Old Stock Opala is more powerful than the original Stock Car Opalas ever were."

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's an odd year choice for sure and has had my head spinning a bit...

We don't have much in the way of 80s fitting choices, but the early 80s is sorely missing some tintop love in AMS2 so we can only hope they have something up their sleeves...

As for what I'll be driving, it's as much of a question as to what I should skin and what AI file I should set up...

V8 Supercars and the chase are iconic and tied together... So even though I have some plans with it it's going to end up more of a bathurst legends expansion of what I've done with my Weird V8s...

Group A also raced mainly with the chase... But it could really use some skins that fit the ATCC Bathurst theme a bit more... So that'll get some paint...

But I think mainly I'll be trying out the various early era tintops we have, both GT and touring... The Mini's were always an interesting competitor at the mountain and the other cars of that era should really scratch that itch for the 70s...

Even some of the Vintage and Retro F1s will be a lot of fun...

But the 80s... There's nothing really tintop for the 80s that just fits... The Opala Stockcar could be fun, but much like the F1s it's more of a demo day fun run representation than an actual race... I spend a lot of time in the BMW M1 procar so that's probably the closest fit to anything that raced at the mountain in the 80s but I doubt it ever competed in the great race...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The circuit changed layout for 1987 which probably meant that they only had enough data to make a 1983 version. I agree it might feel odd that they chose that year, but the data for the other years might not have been sufficient

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kuku

The track would have been in a similar state for the decade preceding, I don’t think we need to focus too much on it being 80s specific.
    It’s probably just a case of there is better historical footage and photos from the era . And there was probably a lot more advertising hoardings compared to earlier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I hate to quote myself but:
    While I'm getting carried away, let's add Sandown, Oran Park and Lakeside to my fantasy DLC... :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Who cares about especific category for being some kind of roleplay. I mean, the track itself has a good layout for a lot of cars.

Jerez 88 with gt cars is awesome

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1938-1986 to be exact. At least the layout was the same for that time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Opala Stock Cars 1986 ? I would choose those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Copa Trucks - Vulkan, still waiting for the template, and the folder is called "Volvo" ?

Even thou i am still waiting for the Copa Truck Vulcan to have a template release so i can make liveries for it, i noticed there are 5 folders for the 5 different Copa trucks in the game files.

Yet when i made a proper folder and txt file for it, it does nothing ! Like as if it wasn't even made for the truck, so what was the "ftruck_volvo" supposed to be i wonder. IMG_8ABA3383D72D-1.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reading Vulkan and Volvo in the same sentence made my mind do a freudian slip to Vulva :eek::oops:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They writing a whole new kind of horror...

Screenshot_20230112_115242.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

I think Rob is on vacation this week, so the chance to get it next week is high ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That's what I always called my real Volvo's as a nickname. Appropriate for their cosseting manner (I thought!).

• Funny Funny x 1