Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I made some SuperV8 liveries a longwer while ago which has the Commodore livery. Thou i would very much want the classic cars so i could make the livery for that car specifically.
    SuperV8 Legends - Livery Pack
    - Peter Brock - 1993 Holden VN Commodore
    - Peter Brock - 1978 HDT Torana A9X
    - Marcos Ambrose - 2004 - PIRTEK
    - Greg Murphy - 2003 K-Mart (Lap of the Gods)

22.7.2022 Peter Brock - Holden VN Commodore 1993.jpg
    27.7.2022 (Greg Murphy 2003).jpg
    25.7.2022 Peter Brock - 1978.jpg
    24.7.2022 (Maros Ambrose).jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I like weird looking versions of things... But this just doesn't look right...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TomLehockySVK

There should be options to set Tyre Wear and Fuel Usage to half. There are already options to set Damage Scaling to Low / Medium / High / Max, and Damage Type also has plenty of settings and public lobbies use NO DAMAGE majority of the times anyway, so much for realism. More options, more ways to enjoy the game.

And to the elitists, guess what - if you don't want to use these settings, you don't have to ! That is why they are there as options !
    20230113125544_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

This is honestly why it peaked my interest, the "tech era" of F1 is surprisingly barely modelled in most sims outside of rF2's MP4/8 so theoretically seeing something that come to this sim as well as modelling at least another model or 2 would work really well to fill out an untouched niche

I guess we'll wait and see :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can hardly imagine Reiza choosing a certain version of a track just because it requires less effort to make it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now updated with all timestamps!

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni I think I complained somewhere in this forum about the FVee, but seeing this video I think AMS2 actually nailed the car behaviour.

Congrats mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Little PSA:

To avoid the No-Tire-Change-Bug when pitting -> spread the word that avoiding "Recommended" at all costs in strategy menu for tire change and using "All" instead folks!

Please don't confuse with the automatic by weather setting in the compound setting.

"Recommended" is likely due to be removed anyway because users want a safe tire change anyway!

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

This image shows in the "Pit strategy" that you should have "CHANGE TYRES" set to "ALL" for the pitstop to properly change your tires in the race.
    3812_1 – kópia – kópia.jpg
    Here is a short video i made that shows it all.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And here is a slightly exaggerated video from me showing this in action. TLDR, the recommended tire change will only work if the game calls you to the pits, which requires over (X)% wear on 2 or more tires. Even if, say it starts to rain, and you change tire compounds from dry to wet, because you selected recommended in the stratagy before the race and because you haven't worn out the tires enough, the game won't change the tires even if the track conditions require it.

Edit, I did get the recommended setting to change from dry to wet (by going from dry to soaked conditions in 1 lap of gateway oval,) so maybe the game's AI is a bit cleverer than I thought. But regardless Recommended should still be removed/not used just for simplicity sake

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

After some fun driving today, I have a two part question regarding the Brabham BT62..

A) What kind of magic, futuristic 'Street Tyres' does this thing have?!?
    and B) Can I add them to the 2022 Stock Cars? :D:p

12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even in the leagues I race in, everyone knows to force it to "all." The problem is pit strategies occasionally refuse to save or outright load the wrong version of what was saved at the beginning of races. We had a 50 minute multi-club, multi-class race Wednesday and my pit strategy I saved 2 minutes prior refused to load at the beginning of the race. I had to remake it in a panic in the 90 seconds before the race, then double check it in the ICM before my pit.

Even if you get the strategy right and double check it in the ICM occasionally it just refuses to do anything in a pitstop. I had another league race ruined when it refused to give me fuel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Does rF2 even have a proper clutch model yet? I would imagine Reiza will wait to put the car in the game until they can actually simulate the features of the era to a decent degree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dude!!! really thank you! ;);););)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Reiza would implement it as they did with AMS in a short time :whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

does it works with refuel?

17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It will be removed so “all” is the only option

18. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I have done multiple races in this past week. Noticed some time ago that recommended tyre change setting but never used it. Always used all and no problems in pitstops when changing tires. Didn't know that bug even existed. :D

Other thing I must say now is that AI have less tire wear than player. Noticed this when I drove F-Retro gen3 cars. 4x tire wear and I had 4 stops but AI made 0 or 1 (car fixing in pitstop maybe?). Still came third. Diff was 120 and Brabhams are too fast. Even McLarens are too fast. Or generics are too slow? Fuel setting was on, no refuel. Second race was 2x tyre wear. 2 pitstops had to be made. Refuel allowed. Came second. Other Brabham retire both races. 120 diff again. Came in second place. Second fastest lap time behind Brabham. 1:32.0 was Brabhams time and mine was 1:33.5. Mclarens times were about 1:34.2 or something like that.

I think difficulty should be higher. 120 diff and sometimes feel too easy. Depending track of course. Jacarepagua 88 feels good to me to drive around. Sure I use low traction control and abs low at the moment.

It would be nice if reiza fixes AI fuel usage (heavier cars beginning) and tire wear, so qualify and race give equal challenge. Basically made AI use fuel in race and turbo cars they use full turbo boost. For immersion. Losing little motivation to play because of this. Thank you.

But if anyone gonna use fuel setting on, I recommend refuel setting on. Little compromise.

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I know by the way full auto gearbox wasn't even legal in F1 in 1993. As a matter of fact the auto function would have to be still controlled by the driver for it to be legal (Schumacher had a button on the steering wheel he would keep pressed to enable the auto shifting function in his Benetton). As far as I could experience this is not the case in RF2...

20. TomLehockySVK

You can change the FUEL amount whenever you want either through the Pit Strategy or the ICM during a race, it has no effect any anything else regarding tires or car damage repairs.