Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well it doesn't say the source code of RF2 is getting released, but if the Nascar games have the RF2 physics source code then it could happen

2. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

rF2 looks fine, this is for other games nobody cares. My guess is they pay rF2 people because it's the only game with low but some potential.

3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I hope not, rF2 engine game would be OK, right?

4. Racinglegend1234

We have to see

5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yes, but still who cares. rF2 would need proper development to create a game from it. Current situation is weird and only very HC fans would pay for playable content. Imagine some newcomer who will see ugly and outdated content. :D It must be pretty scary. But it's fine, if you pay another 100 euro you would get 9 cars and 9 tracks with current quality. It's very weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Taking source code that was probably illegally released and building a commercial product on it doesn't really sound like a good idea to me. However, if Motorsport Games and everything under it crashes and someone with the right resources and dedication uses their money to pick the code out of the rubble, then I'm all for it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

After the mess that was the NASCAR game unless they based the Indycar game on that and promised better results it's most likely that the Indycar game uses rF2 code... I can't imagine that NASCAR game having anything to do with the sales pitch at the very least...

Plus they are on a tight budget now... They'll be trying to cut as many corners to get anything done as possible...

8. Scar666

Given what has taken place between suits behind back doors over the years... This wouldn't be anything out of the norm, and it's all about how much the line is blurred legally...

I mean if it does happen the weight of support for the staff that MSGS isn't paying and the weight of those who just want MSGS to fail would see any project that formed in those circumstances thriving in the short term... And if MSGS goes under, thrives in the long term... IF they manage to do something with it...

9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Rather than the eventual consequences, I think this situation tell us more about the type of people who are involved in that company at all levels. Honesty and integrity seem to be as far away for them as the release of the BTCC game is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

There was a reddit thread stating that that dev team is in Russia and it's a problem due to sanctions. Unsure how true that is.

11. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Am I imagining things or did some liveries on GT3 cars went missing,just liek Snetterton with last update. The metallic green Livery on the AMG GT3 is no more as well as the light blue and orange Porsche 70th anyversay livery on the 911 GT3 R.

12. Scar666

If they did it's probably because of the 40 livery limit per class and the addition of the new Nissan GT3...

13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I actually think is why Reiza stuck with p2p code for now. "For now" is the key phrase here.
    Renato and crew are obviously dedicated to making AMS2 the best it can be. I think they will do a networking rewrite but they want to put out the best product they can.
    At this point, it is not perfect, but I am completely blown away with how comprehensive it has become. The range of cars and tracks is nearing what you get with AC with just about every mod you can think of. And we know more, like Adrenaline Pack, is on the way. It is the most comprehensive sim on F1, 1960s to now. The oval racing is completely addictive. And the other cool part is you don't have to do all the tinkering you need to do in Content Manager to get it the way you want it. Love that AMS2 gets to the racing right away with minimal configuration.

With such a track record (haha), we can expect that Renato etal are ready to deploy the best MP out there, they'll be on it. Personally, I want Career mode to be the BFD promised a while back.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Scar666

I mean for what they have done on the physics side with the Madness engine alone is enough to give me hope for a long time that this will be the case... I didn't like the pCARS physics at all and was underwhelmed in the early stages of AMS2, but now I see it as having the most lifelike feel... For me the lack of a up to date MP experience is one reason why AMS2 doesn't get the love and attention it deserves in todays sim racing market...

The AI is now within a window where the tweaks that are needed are obvious like wider AI paths and less aggression on ovals and show that there's little work to be done to get it to where there are lots of enjoyable sprint races to be had with the high downforce cars as there already is in many of the tintops... The physics side of the AI needs tuning and additional elements like fuel weights added, however with what they have done on the players side it only seems natural that this will take place and it will become a great offline option within time...

Whilst it is very comprehensive it's not quite on AC's level... There's too many missing tracks and official cars to call it that... Where it does sit on AC's level is in the feel between the driver, the car and the track where that is the major drawcard of the game right now...

I'm sure they have the bones of it ready as there are so many bits left over from the pCARS series in AMS2... But much like content manager and the various career apps for AC as well as Racing life for AMS2 I feel the community will do the better job of a career mode than just about any developer...

Purely because there's a limit to a developers vision of a career mode that will ultimately differ from sections of the playerbase who will want a deeper experience in a specific area...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One massive problem with this statement, you are over estimating what modders can do with the game. Imho if you want a proper career mode simulating being a racing driver from karts to grand prix there are things AMS 2 doesn't have which I think are needed. Things like reverse grids, more points formats, etc. You can't mod those into AMS 2 with what we have now it's impossible.Track selection is also very limited due to there being no track modding capability, especially if you don't have any of the DLC. That isnt to mention how career mods could be rendered unplayable because of an update. It is infinitely easier and quicker for Reiza to find workarounds and solutions to these problems compared to modders for obvious reasons.

Modding is not only great but necessary but if you're hinging on mods for these big features and game modes what does it say about the game? Like I love Assetto Corsa but it's nothing without mods, you don't even use the actual menus to play the game! That isn't a good thing, you can't spin that into a good thing it's bad that the community had to do it better. And even with all the mods AC has it doesn't satisfy everyone, just look at group 6 cars the only ones I could fine are Pcars 2 rips, and really bad ones at that. Or for a more personal example, not wanting to download many German racecars from the late 30s due to the political imagery on them, especially as someone who is a part of a minority group which was targeted during that time in that region (not even against those cars being available to download, just want the option to have it without the livery on it). No matter if you agree or disagree with my choices to download/use those mods, my overall point is that it's wouldn't be as freeing as you would think. I mean honestly even including mods Automobilista 2 is more tailored to content I'm interested in than Assetto Corsa.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scar666

For me it's far less of case of what modders can and can't do with the engine currently (As the possibilities of what Reiza can allow modders to do is still in the dark), but far more about what they've achieved with other titles in comparison to where developers are happy with their product... There's always space for modders to make it better and they usually do because of the business side of game development there's always a time when the developer says it's finished but the community finish the job... RBR and AC are great examples of this...

It's both a poor look for the company for abandoning their software too early and a good look for that company as it shows their work is still appreciated and being used... Even with other options out there the fact that both titles remain popular thanks to the community is really the wished for end place for ANY game development that isn't a life long game project... When the community keeps a title alive long after it's developer moved on to work on it's next title it really gives that title a special place in it's realm...

I don't expect modders to create random grids and other features that the development team itself should handle like standing starts with a warm up lap or the AI having to deal with different fuel weights... However different points systems and career pathways are easily created for AMS2 already via companion apps or even spreadsheets... And any league that does it's own scoring system does this either by hand or via an app... And whilst it would be cleaner for Reiza to do it, they have many other things to focus on in comparison to the career app creator who is focussed largely on their career app...

Much like the track selection being limited until modders are able to bring in their own track models... There's a limit to how far a development team will go before signing off on a career mode as being finished... And the modding community will try to fill those gaps...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Personally I want AI be faster all around and balanced difficulty. So you don't have to ramp difficulty up all the way to 120. There are some annoying slowdowns within AI on some tracks I mentioned earlier post.

I noticed some things that needs reviewing. Aero drag from F-Retro and F-Classic are too low in my opinion. Too much top speed. Little more aero drag or body aero drag and little less overall grip/downforce and it might be good then. And other tyre compounds to F-Retro. At least soft and hard.

Made some adjustments to AI custom files for F-Retro gen3 drivers. Had to dial down Brabham and McLaren drivers qualifying skill. Needs more testing.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Racinglegend1234

Probably a bit early, but I think the January update will just be hot fixes because the Reiza team got a deserved break and probably should first tweak the new content and maybe prepare for a bigger update In February when the dev update is released

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

We've still got a fair bit of the month left to go to be fair, they might have something ready for this month but I'd probably still bet on a February release myself

20. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Apropos of nothing I'd love the M1 to sound like this from the cockpit.

• Like Like x 1