Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. I find it much more satisfying to enjoy what we have now and not focus or worry about when the next update arrives. For me right now, the 86 Opala at Watkins Glen Short.

Reiza has repeatedly shown an update is coming within a more than reasonable amount of time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I know.
    I’m just thinking about when some minor changes to certain cars arrive to make them more realistic. I’m mainly thinking of the 98T

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This to me seems like a very distorted sound. Inspirational probably but highly distorted.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Tried the Ginetta G58 (P1) car for the first time in a while, feels great :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

20230119003741_1.jpg
    Martinsville, when ?

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

So I've been running more races with the AI online in other peoples lobbies...

And damn they are terrible... I get that it's the best way to get a full grid online in AMS2 due to the terrible p2p predicitons scaring people away, but the AI are just impossible to race cleanly with in an online situation unless you are the lobby host...

Offline they have moments where they convince me they are thinking about where I am... Online I'm invisible to them...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it'll be nice when we can run custom AI online. Should make for some fun lobbies.

8. Scar666

Custom AI won't help... This will only be fixed once the p2p code is improved or replaced...

AI predictions + terrible p2p predictions = AI doesn't see the player in time

This past week running with AI on track has really shown me why those complaining about the AI complain about the AI... To the point that I'd rather the option to add AI to a lobby be removed... They are just that terrible...

Offline they think, online they do not think anywhere nearly quick enough to counter the poor predictions of the p2p code...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Online AI is effectively useless. If you have somewhat decent ping to host, they just act somewhat clueless, but if your connection isn't great, the AI will drive right into you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I jump on a server and there are AI present...I'm outa there. I'm there to race people not AI. I can do that in my own time offline.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Scar666

That's gonna be my approach from now on... But at least I now know why people complain about being rear ended by the AI... Doesn't happen offline unless I royally screwed up a corner... And even then there's a good chance they'll avoid me...

12. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Agree, the AI are for me on a high level and I thoroughly enjoy racing them. On high aggression they sometimes try to kill me, but then I'm happy to return the favor :whistle:
    Mainly drive tintops, so some paint trading is no problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, that's why so many people complain about being hit by the AI, I was confused because it very rarely happens with me, but I have never played online.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

AI in online pretty much always has screwed tires, like they are crabwalking.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since this topic is trending back, AMS2 should bring back the lobby list format X[Y]/Z from AMS1. Currently we need to either click/hover (can't recall) to be able to see if there is any god awful AI in the server or not, or go through the process of joining only to find out there are god damn AI in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Scar666

It's a different engine now so there's no rollback feature, but since Reiza should start from scratch with a new MP code IMHO, going to that format would be great whenever they revamp the MP code...

Also I'm unaware of how to check if there's AI... Currently I got by how many total slots are allowed... If it's less than 15 there's probably AI and I will only join to check if it's low slots set by a lobby host who in conscious of the p2p predictions that can happen when more than 15 people are in a lobby if I really like the combination...

17. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

One of the joys I have with offline play. If I get rudely hit by the AI, I wait until the end of a long straight and plow into them at full speed. I get so much pleasure and justice from that. And being in VR makes it even better. Often times though, they're back on the road before I even finish spinning into the barriers. Lol. They have remarkable crash recovery skills.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hmmmm, eargasmic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

How do you move the camera in the replay? Is it with WASD?

• Like Like x 1