Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6 euros per car

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is fine... I would buy no questions asked a DLC with 3x Ferrari cars for $20...
    Pretty sure most would do the same..
    When you think iracing sells any normal car for $11

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Can someone tell me where I can find guickly correct name of track when using it on AI custom file? Need to use them on Brabham BT52 cars. Found something in game files. Don't know if those are correct naming of track?

Some I found here.
    Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Nevermind. Found info I needed. I was stupid. :D

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Just want to point out this is not some high amount that would trigger a dev to go pay high license fees... If you/we/others were willing to pay MORE than the normal amount, then it might be another story.

5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think I would buy individual cars or street car packs, but if Reiza put out themed cars packs for certain racing classes, I would buy them...

Like if they gave us a GTO pack with the Audi 90, Ferrari F40 LM, a Nissan 300zx, and a Ford Mustang. I would happily pay $15-20 for that. Because that gives us the GT car needed for Group C.

If they gave us a GT2 pack with a McLaren F1 LM, Corvette C5R, Viper GTSR and a 911 GT2, again, I would be all over that, because they race with GT1.

If it was a extremely high end selection of cars, or cars never before seen before in sim racing I would pay more. It if was street cars, or dirt racing I would likely pay less.

Like a 917k, Ferrari 512, Lola T70 pack is $25 all day. Considering the tracks we have and or are going to get. 1970’s sports cars are a must have and I would be happy to pay for them.

3 random steet cars... isn't worth the space it takes up on my hard drive unless someone gives them a sort of grass roots racing makeover

Also I want to say, for these prices, I'm expecting accurate liveries with as many correct sponsors as you are legally allowed to put on. Im expecting 0 issues. I'm expecting low and high down force versions where appropriate. For a premium car pack with premium cars, I expect premium quality like the track packs have shown.

Also in a perfect world there would also be at least one free option for each new class added, even if that happens to be a fictional car.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Yes but how many times are they selling that $11 dollar car , they have a large market to draw from, that spreads the license cost reclamation.

That same cost would need to be spread over a much smaller pool of prospective buyers for Rieza. So the individual price might need to be many times more , to cover the licensing cost .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dylan Hale

I think you're vastly overestimating how many cars Iracing sells and underestimating Reiza's capabilities.

I'm sure Iracing has some whales that buy everything, but I doubt the average user does. Maybe over several years?

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

OK, so how many people do you think will buy this extra DLC for 20 bux? How much do you think the license will cost?

9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I'm not buying anything at this point, so I can wait to take the Ask.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  10. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Is ‘Random Failures’ linked to the wear and tear of the car or are they just purely random no matter how you drive?

11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

what ??????

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends on you handling the car properly - you will get failures more likely the more you operate the car outside of tolerances (like too high engine temps, damage, incorrect shifting and engine RPM and so on).

You can get a random failure though, but it's not nearly as likely as getting it from poor car treatment.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Thanks!

14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To clarify you can never really buy cars & tracks from iracing, you simply just rent them … :D uninstall and drop your subscription & poof it's all gone … :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Well, to be fair . . . , they're not really gone. They're just held hostage. :p:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Dylan Hale

Well...

I assume if Reiza was to approach a MASSIVE brand like Ferrari, they wouldn't negotiate a car at a time. They would proably come to them with a business plan, "Okay here is what we're doing, heres the tracks we plan to have, here is the cars and car classes we intend to have..." and then they negotate.

From there one of 3 things happens...
    -Ferrari tells Reiza to go away
    -Ferrari agrees to have their cars included either for free or in future DLC packs
    -Ferrari requests to have a DLC pack added specifically for them and Ferrari would proably take a direct cut from each sale. (Simular to what they did for AC and PC2)

As Ferrari is now absent from AMS2, I think, they would favor a MASSIVE DLC including generations of their cars throughout the years, vs their cars being dropped peicemeal in packs, or added to the game for free. Undoubtable that doesn't make much sense for Reiza, so they would negotiate, okay but we want X Y and Z cars for Packs 1 2 and 3, and then we'll do the massive ferrari DLC.

So to awnser you question. HOW Reiza releases something like this is almost as important as WHAT is included in terms of profits and and it would cost to license.

But lets assume for the sake of arguement. Reiza pays $1,000,000 and get's free reign over Ferrari's collection of cars throughout history. Talking about cars never before seen in gaming.

And they produce a MEGA car pack $100 for 25 cars. Considering 10000 people buy that pack, that's their money back instantly.

Now lets say they release 5 car packs, with 5 cars each, for $20 a peice. Same money to value ratio, just packaged differently.

Maybe the first 2 car packs is all F1
    Maybe the next 2 are all lemans and sports car racing
    And the last one is one off prototypes like the FXX and F40 evo

I think you could easily get 10,000 people to buy all 5 packs and many more beisdes buying single packs

And before you say, "Not that many people play AMS 2." According to Steam Charts, it estimates 115,000-312,000 people own AMS 2

If half of them, on the low end, buy a single Ferrari pack that also would make Reiza's money back.
    If 7% buy all 5 packs, that's $700,000
    And better yet, if Reiza and Ferrari did a 50%/50% profit shairing type deal, and that $1,000,000 gets cut to $500,000, suddenly things get a lot more reasonable.

It's possable, but it's also a MASSIVE gamble for Reiza.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tracks is where they get you. As soon as you get out of rookies in a series they force you spend $100+ on tracks just to run something you like.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

A lot of people worldwide have stopped buying cars. We lease them so we can drive cars for a while which we otherwise could not afford. That fact alone tells you a lot how far iRacing is taking it. Also, most race cars drivers don't own the car. Cudos to iRacing for that level of immersion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

My thoughts exactly... You saved me time... Danke!!

Although in todays gaming world I expect issues... The term "Constant BETA" has turned into "standard business practice"...

And if the prices were the same for a street car, dirt/snow or any F1 with DRS as the top end stuff as you described I simply would only have them if they were part of a season pass... Buying them individually wouldn't happen unless they were half the price of a track DLC... And then they'd be used rarely...

20. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

In my eyes this coud be a task for modders if things were going more easy some day. All mods we have until now are of very high quality and i personally don't mind copying a few files. Bu a little tool for managing mods wouldn't be bad at all.