Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

As I said, the V50 will be specially tuned for power. What base do you have?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danielkart

Ams2 is much more focused on the rear axle and on oversteer. It has to do with physics, which I personally like a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Grossi

Grossi New Member

I use a csl dd (8nm)
    ty for response. I will have a look at your new file.

Still, any tips on which parameters I could mess around with for self-testing purposes to lower Steering Resistance on slow curving?

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I understand. I did my own research before and it felt like the default FFB present was more based upon the front axle. I used to drive with default+, but I got a ton of oversteer feeling. The interesting thing was quite a bit of it went away when I switched to default

5. Danielkart

(angle_d_l (* angle_d_l 2.5))
    (angle_d_r (* angle_d_r 2.5))

6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Try increasing
    (normal_static_force_reduction 0.05) between 0.05-0.15

7. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi what i need to change to lower the engine vibration?

8. Danielkart

Hi guys! As promised, I'll post you my 4 new Customs files. After various tests it has now become V50. As I said before, I worked even more with the forces this time, I think it plays an important role for the ffb of a simulation. It used to be easier because there were only belt bases. Today with the dds that has changed a lot. There are bases from 2Nm to 30Nm and in my opinion not one single ffb file can compensate for this big difference. This power increases exponentially and an ffb file that works very well for dds will never be good for a low power base. And if an ffb file is very good for weak bases it will never be good for strong bases. That's why I decided to improve this disadvantage a bit. The 1st custom file is only for dds with high forces, tested with 12-13Nm peaks. The 2nd custom file is for belt bases and for dd bases up to 8Nm, tested with 6-8Nm. The 3rd custom file is again for high force dds, tested at 12-13Nm but with less road feedback for people with motion or tactile hardware or people who want it a little smoother. The 4rd custom file is only for belt bases of 2-5Nm tested with 4Nm peaks. I think with these files this big gap in power will be greatly improved. I also think that Reiza's defaults would benefit if there were differences in powers (Of course, that's just my opinion). Back to the V50 files. All based on the V46 but with some modifications and the result is really fantastic, incredible control over the car and the track. The counter pressure when braking in curves has been added again (many thanks to Alegunner68 for the hint). Various adjustments to the V50 files for a harmonious development of power. All 4 Customs with adjusted In Game values, and all 4 Customs with adjusted base values. My tip for these customs: adjust the power of an auto (gain) directly on the base. It is better to leave the vehicle-specific ffb in the game at 100%, otherwise it will change the (gain) in the game. This can lead to clipping when increasing or loss of FFB details when reducing. I deliberately left the flat spot at 0 again. If desired, this effect can be increased in the file (flatspots_scale 0.0). Now I wish you a lot of fun with the files and fast laps on the track.

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V50 from Daniel for dd bases 10-30Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V50 from Daniel for belt and dd bases 5-8Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V50 from Daniel for dd bases 10-30Nm (Motion-tactile file)

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V50 from Daniel for belt bases 2-5Nm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. Morek

Morek New Member

Thanks for yor work man, i use a DD Csl 8 nm , in the Fanatec driver, should i use „Peak or Linear“ Force ?

10. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wow Daniel, watch it and you even can feel it!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi Daniel. I have tried the 3rd file with my SC2 pro as i was looking for the smooth ffb and what i can say is just WOW!!! The ffb fells amazing! Great job!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a setting that can be changed so that the FFB will reduce to almost 0 when brakes are locked. There is the feeling of scrub or tear, but FFB does not reduce. I have tried all the latest Customs. Thanks.

13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Daniel's files don't translate any loss of grip unfortunately, it's just how he likes it which is fine and totally Daniel's choice of course. I think kukus last posted file might be a good option for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Morek

Morek New Member

I have a CSL DD 8nm, for the WheelBase Settings should I use Fanatecs recommend Settings or Reizas? Fanatec use Peak, Reiza linear FFB, wich is better for Daniels V50 ?

15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried changing this?
    (front_grip_loss_feel 0.0)

16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Latest file feels fantastic, very well balanced.
    The only change I made was reducing velocity res scale to help with clipping on high speed corners and raising the offset a bit.
    Cracking job bud.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bill M (AuchAye)

Bill M (AuchAye) New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Folks, has anyone got an opinion on which V50 file would be most suited to the Thrustmaster T818 DD?

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the second one

20. Danielkart

I would recommend the first file at 10Nm. The 2nd file is very strong at 10Nm. But just try it and take what you like best

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1