1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

If you click on the red arrow on the quoted post it directs you to the post.
    In game settings (for me)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dusty926

Dusty926 Member

Are there any G27 owners who can give their thoughts on the custom FFBs they use? I bounce between a few, currently using the G920 one off RaceDepartment, but I'm still not sure it's quite the right one for me. My G27 is beat up and relatively weak at this point, so if anyone has any suggestions please give me a hollar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What would people with a CSL DD 8Nm recommend?

4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m using @Danielkart’s latest v46 file and it works great for me. In game settings are 60/0/30/5 iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Where can I download it?

6. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Page 298

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Page 300 are the latest V45 and V46

• Like Like x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Am I correct by assuming the lower one is v46?

9. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk what the lower one means, but the 46 is the newer version. 44, 45, 46... Just try by yourself.

10. Danielkart

first comes V46 then V45 but it is also in the file. Greetings Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danielkart

Hi guys! I will post a 3rd file on page 300. It is still the V46 but with changed road feedback (only 2 values). There are people especially with Motion and other tactile hardware for whom the feedback is too much (can of course also be taken without this hardware). Hence the name Motion-Tactile file. In addition, the in-game values for this file have been adjusted. Have fun with it

• Like Like x 7
  12. ozymandias

ozymandias New Member

I thought I could easily find this information on google, but I am getting frustrated. Hopefully someone can help.

In AC, the wheel output from the game is controlled by an LUT generated for my wheel (T150/TMX) and FFBClip takes care of scaling.

In this game I do not understand how the in-game settings work. First off, I know from WheelCheck that my wheel has a non-linear response curve. Second my max torque is going to be ~2 N-m. Is there any way to account for these things in AMS2?

For example, if I set gain to 100% in the game, won't everything be clipped very badly since my peak torque is so low? I assume the game knows nothing about my wheel's max torque capability. Therefore I would (possibly naively) conclude that if the CSL DD folks are using 60% gain then I should be using 30% or less...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  13. Danielkart

Hi! In your case, it's all about the power of your base. You have to use 100% gain of your base only then you have your max. 2Nm in play. This power is very small so you have to use it 100%

14. jtortosen

I had the same wheel. Search for the custom file from Stakanov (the latest before Atmos). You have to set force at 100% in the thrustmaster panel. Then, in this game the options works as:
    Gain is the volume, if you had a high nm dd wheel with 20-30 nm, then you can set at 80-90% (not 100% to get headroom) and the game output the simulated forces per each car. And with 80-90 % doesnt mean the total permanent forces allways, but the range the game and your wheel can achieve. So, with your wheel, setting at 60-80% is a good compromise for better variety of values for your wheel.

Low forces high the lower values that belt wheel can't detect. Try from 10 to 30, not more.

FX is preferable to set low so you don't saturate your wheel, 0-40.

Damping set to 0-10, your wheel needs to get the rawest data possible.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ozymandias

ozymandias New Member

So I am correct that clipping will occur when the game wants >2 N-m (with gain 100%), but you argue that I should not go lower because then everything is just too low in general?

Do I understand correctly?

Looks like he uses:
    rFuktor 5.0.1.4 "ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL)" MOD V. 1.3.3 FIX

If we're going with audio terms, gain is the "volume" but there is no way to add compression, e.g. lowering the overall dynamic range of the signal?

16. Danielkart

There will be no clipping if you set 100% gain at the base. But there will be clipping if you (example my custom 60 gain in the game) will increase the gain in the game. Just try different files then you will find the right one

• Like Like x 2
  17. jtortosen

Find the older no named ATMOS, for me too reactive and artificial (atmos because the 4 wheels on your steering wheel).

About the overall signal/range, the ingame gain is that. If you set 100%, you expand the signal to achieve the 2 nm range so on the lowest forces you might be able to feel the lower forces but on the top forces simulated by the game, you will have clipping (for example, turning in eau rouge or high speed corners). So, for don't saturate the top range signal, you have to compromise the higher and the lower and set the gain value at the middle. I find 62-70 is the best, amplifies well the lower values and get headroom for the higher forces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Danielkart

Exactly as it is explained by jtortosen. There is a certain perfect range of gain (IN game). This is about 60-70 gain in Ams2. Depending on the base and custom file, this range can vary and you can adjust your gain accordingly. This is also the reason why I always leave the vehicle-specific ffb at 100%, because otherwise it increases or reduces the gain (in the game). This can quickly lead to clipping (when increasing) or ffb detail loss (when reducing). That's why I always increase or decrease the gain at the base

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ozymandias

ozymandias New Member

This all makes sense, thank you for the help on this.

I have actually tried going back to the Reiza "default" setting with various gain/fx/lfb. I might prefer it to the various custom files I have found in this thread. I am sure there is always room for experimentation though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

I would like to thank everyone who contributes here. I was a complete FFB noob before I started reading this thread. Now I´m getting to understand it a bit better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2