Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Just because a low number of people encountered an issue doesn't mean it is not an important issue to fix. Seemingly only a few people were encountering the bug of pitstop not changing tires, yet it was still an important enough problem for me to find the fix for it and i took the time to do it.

And as you said this year the pressure to improve the replays will be there as one of the devs plans is "endurance" stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I don't know tbh , was kind of joking but sometimes wonder if this engine is terminally flawed . It does some things brilliantly and fully acknowledge Reiza have taken it to a whole different level from pc2 but how many times have we heard the expression " it's a flaw in the madness engine" makes me wonder if it's overly complex and might never live up to its promise . Take the weather system for instance, only really works as intended if you don't increase the time scale or sync to race , great if you have time for endurance races but otherwise just becomes a gimmick really.
    Don't want to sound like I'm not a fan of this SIM because I most definitely am , have snapped up every dlc going and spent hundreds of hours driving it since I got it on day one . I think probably 70 percent of that time though has been spent hot lapping or just testing various scenarios or settings , so many times trying to actually race the ai over a weekend scenario I've ended up dissatisfied when the balance of the ai is screwed up from session to session or different weather conditions!
    Anyway, rant over ! Love it really but drives me mad sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s have hope and patience

• Like Like x 2
  4. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hear ya!
    the problem is that some of the design choices are crap. such as those we are currently discussing on this thread. Whether those areas are open to re-design and coding I don't know but in my experience as a coder that seems to be the only answer to fix these interface problems. The physics is incredible, much of the rest is to me questionable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza have their priorities correct though. Sims live and die by the physics and driving. If you don't get that right then whatever you do to the UI/AI/multiplayer is irrelevant.
    AMS2 has moved from people solely complaining about physics into more issues gameplay. If they keep on with this progression then we're in for a good time.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

We are on the same page...

I'm just focussed on the pressure and the level of importance it is now because of said pressure, not the level of importance that it should be... More pressure raises the stakes for the developer raising the importance of certain features... Even though they should be aware of certain issues, it is a game of pleasing the customer base and what you think you can figure out within the engine...

Any endurance race with the current issues we have is going to end up with a lot of angry drivers and league/race organisers complaining about the replays as they will be using it when they have an issue on track... As well as the rest of the issues with MP... And until the last 6-8 months there's been enough physics issues to keep people away from trying longer races...

I do hope for fixes beforehand but I am totally going into any endurance series with the plans of preparing a few reports in advance so I can just fill in some blanks and send them post race... I've had a few stable 1 hour races online with small fields... The bigger ones are going to be interesting to say the least...

7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Oh I get you and hate having to use the "Madness engine" excuse for Reiza's work because of what their previous titles were like... Sadly it is a huge reason why a lot of features can't be copied over quickly and easily...

Having worked on mods for the Gmotor2 engine and taken a look at what it takes in the Madness engine there's a lot more holes and easy mistakes to make in the basic programming of files I've accessed... So the learning curve is there and that's something I expect Reiza to still be going through as SMS really didn't have a clue what to do with the engine... So unlike when I was modding for Gmotor2 sims there's bugger all documentation that is worthwhile for Reiza... They would of got a lot from SMS but a large chunk of that would be trash worthy IMHO...

With the AI they've got them to do the hard part... Think... Which is why I rate the AI so highly... The amount of times the AI has out thought a human driver is pretty amazing to me... Especially after my last open lobby race where the driving standards were low... It's just all the little things that really need to be there that make a difference now... Changing weather or a long race and you are left jumping through hoops to get even a sniff of the flavour of the event you are going for...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Racinglegend1234

Just got a thought. Couldn’t Reiza add the Hockenheimring drag strip as its own layout so we could get some interesting drag racing. Would maybe be quite easy and very fun

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'd argue that, while obviously you need a good physics model because...it's a simulator, duh, you can't sell a product on the driving experience alone too! rF2 is still up there as one of the best driving sims on the market and has been pretty much since it came out but it's notoriously struggled in so many other aspects over its lifespan to the point where less and less people take it seriously as they jump ship to other sims (especially with recent events but everyone's probably sick to death of talking about that, right? Not getting into that)

Polish the physics up, yeah, but make sure the rest of the sim can keep up with it too because you're going to end up with a near-unplayable one trick pony of a game otherwise! AMS2 has mostly been polishing up the physics over its devcycle, with good reason for it, and with a few more tweaks to some still-existant jank- most of which are known issues trying to be fixed, it could finally be time to divert attention to keeping everything else in working order, especially the few primary things we all love to complain about

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely agree. The progression of the game needs to continue in the right direction. But now that the physics is more solid then the more "game" aspects can be focussed on.

RF2 still has over double the avg players of AMS2 with all of its issues. AMS2 avg players has been consistently growing over last 6-8months. Let's hope it keeps moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Hockenheim drag strip would be ok, Cleveland underground drag strip would be much more interesting imo. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

All you have to do is cut&paste the code into the new engine and you’re good to go! Easy peasy

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everytime I install and play rfactor2 I am very impressed by the feel and FFB, then go to the main menu and see there is nothing else to do. How that game after almost a decade doesnt have a simple championship mode is baffling.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Loading January..... 71% Complete.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Patience: 100% needed
    Release on time: not 100% guaranteed

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. TRCB

I bought the Porsche GT3 Cup 992.. made the mistake of racing it at Sebring.. -so- Now I havent touched another sim besides RF2 in weeks again, insanely fun combo, easiely the best car track combo I have had since beginning sim racing across all my games. Give it a whirl but dont say I didnt warn you. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

That's the thing with sims, at least from my experience: you try a sim you haven't played in a while for the fun of it, realise "Wow, this is really good", it absorbs your life for a few weeks or months and then once you go back to another sim the cycle continues
    Currently neck deep in my RBR fixation, after my AMS2 one which was just after my AC one, and so on and so forth (I predict AMS2 will probably grab me by the throat again once the next few updates come out)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. TRCB

Ha! Ya spent a few weeks on those glorious new dirt crawlers and the desert map in BeamNG as well over the xmas period, DAMN.. how good are those! Couldnt get off the rig, BeamNG has come so far, proper triple screen now and some REALLY good FFB etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my case I need some kind of structure to keep me interested no matter how good the sim/game is. Thats why I just lose interest in RF2 quickly, I love the way the sim feels, but lose interest because there is no goal for me in the sim as I dont play online.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is your goal in AMS2?

• Creative Creative x 1