Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only way I'd pay a premium for a 3-car Ferrari pack I'd if it had any of the following cars with Ferrari providing just about every resource Reiza asks for:

1967 Ferrari 312: the F Vintage Gen 1 I think could use another car and while it's the car where the legend Bandini lost his life in I can't think of a better way to honor his legacy than to finish what the poor saftey standards at the time too away from him. The B Varient introduced in 1970 could also be added to the Gen 2 class much like how there are two versions of the C3 Corvette.

1998 Ferrari F300: the car the which was the first of many seasons where Shumi's prancing horse faced off with mighty Mika's McLaren for the title. While not 100% accurate to the other cars, controversy would probably get in the way of the F310B.

2000 Ferrari F-2000: certainly not as famous as the F-2002 and F-2004 it still is Schumis first championship with Frrrari and fits perfectly with the FV10 Gen 2 (which mind you, only has a single car) especially if Reiza can implement a setting preventing the AI from using TC.

1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4: the only Ferrari that meets the FIA Group 4 regulations during the early 70s which is what I think the GT Classic class is based off of. It came first in class in the 1972, 1973, and 1974 races at Lemans along with finishing 2nd overall in the 1979 running of the Daytona 24 hours.

1979 Fereari 512 BB: The BMW M1 needs a competitor, and in the 1979 running of Lemans the 512 BB was exactly that, while it finished a bit behind in the race 80s sports cars are something that needs more representation in the game. I would either call the class "GT Retro" or "GTX (which is what the class was called during the 1979 Lemans race)

1996 Ferrari F50 GT: one of the biggest what ifs in sportscar racing the car was actually never raced due to a mixture of Ferrari not being happy with homologation specials along with a lack of funding. It is also the only Ferrari 90s sports car that would both be somewhat competitive in the GT1 class.

1993 Ferrari 348 Challenge: Ferrari and spec series racing goes together like Ferraris and engines bursting into flames and as this was the first Ferrari challenge car produced it seems the perfect way to honor that tradition

2019 Ferrari P80/C: perfect for the new Hypercar class, it is wholly unique as it is a reworked GT3 racecar it is the perfect car to challenge the BT62 in track day supremacy

Any combination of 3 of these would be worth it imho. Especially if it's spread across Formula and Gt racing.

Of course there are many glaring things I left out but those are mostly due to them being road cars (something I wouldn't want in a Ferrari 3 car pack), adding to a class that's already pretty full (F-Retro Gen 1 - 3 and F-Classic Gens 1-4), poor performance in races (1980 Ferrari 312 T5) and most importantly no free cars to race against (125 F1, F2007, 125 S, 250 TRI61, 250 GTO, 210 P4, 212 E, 512 M, 288 GTO Evo, and F333 SP).

Do I think this would happen? Nope! But at the end of the day that'd be my standard for a $20 pack with only 3 cars, plain and simple.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can semi recreate past F1 championships and been having fun with it. Would love to do some endurance races, but with no mid race saves, its a no-no.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Give me the 3 60s/70s cars in a pack... Otherwise I'd be tempted by the F50 GT if it came in a GT1 spec...

4. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Does the random weather slot regenerate every time it's triggered? Or does it randomly set the weather once at the beginning of the session and remains that way?

• Like Like x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza could add infinite new cars and people would still ask for more and more cars...

In my humble opinion concerning content, the game needs more tracks, rather than cars. A pack with 10 tracks, 5 old school, 5 current ones. US$ 30.

Nevertheless, new content would be bottom of my priority list for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Carnaval is on February 21st. Hopefully historic Bathurst & Nurburgring will be released sometime shortly after that. :)

7. Lucifer_sam

Knowing the kind of cars Reiza likes putting in the game, if Reiza approached Ferrari theyd probabs ask for the 312 T6 aka the 6 wheeled Ferrari
    689668839a37ef79b59323eb71f8d8d9-1300-x-580-1210x642.jpg

8. Lucifer_sam

I don't know if a part of the group you're referring to, but I will say that I'm not really requesting the cars. Just showing the importance, uniqueness and caliber of cars I would have to see before buying a $20 DLC.

To move on to the content point something a lot of folks have to remember is that what many people have wanted for years upon years have been ignored. I don't think you can blame us when for a lot of us we've had to settle for fan made mods of varying quality and Project Cars 2 being insanely hit or miss. But I do agree that we should get more tracks in the game as well, it's just none of us have experienced such an influx of official high quality vintage content. Reiza's content is so good it shouldn't be a surprise we want our favorite cars in the game!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why ?

10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's another Hockenheim layout I'm hoping for... :whistle: but I'm obviously biased.

Meanwhile, Nitro RX is doing what I used to goof around with in Pcars2. #snowhatersgonnahate

• Like Like x 6
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Just bring on the Adrenaline pack. Good enough for me. (So long as it includes RX and stadium trucks)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hillclimb tracks would be so awesome. Secretly put Semetin innit too, hehe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lucifer_sam

Speaking of hillclimbs... when I was researching for that Ferrari DLC post earlier today I discovered that Ferrari did make a hillclimb car for the 1969 season. It wiped the floor winning 14 out of 16 events.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

because Reiza.. due dates are a very vague indication of when something might be ready, not actually the date they say it will be. Like when your wife says she will be "10 minutes" getting ready..

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

oh my... i can't wait hillclimb!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Lucifer_sam

Well Reiza trying to make the December 31st deadline is probably why the F-Retro and F-classic helmets and Snetterton are broken. So maybe we should cut them slack, because trust me crunch doesn't make good games. When you are overworked you're gonna make silly errors, which you can plainly see in this update. And that isn't a knock on Reiza, it's a knock on how us consumers don't expect delays. If something isn't ready it isn't ready end of story.

And you know what, maybe this hypothetical wife takes 10 minutes to get ready because she wants to look good for you because she cares and loves you.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

then she shouldn't say 10 minutes when she knows damn well she is slow and has a hard time making herself pretty and will take 16 hours.. she should just say 16 hours so you can go play with girlfriends interim.. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lucifer_sam

Then people will complain about not having a date! I can hear it now

"Wow Reiza, I paid $100 for content and I don't even know when I'll get it?"

Maybe we should show sympathy, maybe instead of getting mad at wanting something now like (with all due respect) a child we should be understanding because we arent game devs. It is sadly the norm right now in gaming to give release dates when teasing content. That's because when people are shown new content they want to know when they will get it, instead of not knowing at all buy and large. Either way it doesn't matter, it's up to us to have the maturity to understand that games are complex and that its hard to make them. Especially when you're a small team with half the month gone due to a well deserved break because of the crunch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Damn straight...

It feels like those that are impatient are new to the idea of game development, Reiza or haven't been around sim racing for the last decade plus...

If something sticks to a release date too closely you get a Cyberpunk 2077 experience where only the lucky few could enjoy that title for the first year or longer (I was one of the lucky few so I'm not sure) and it even was removed from the Playstation store because it was considered too BETA... And for many other reasons that title was delayed many times before it was released too soon... I bring it up because it's a perfect example of consumer pressure forcing a release too soon...

I think we all would rather the Reiza experience of something being late and us end players being an extension of the BETA testing that brings the cars up to standard (if there are bugs to be found) in a far shorter time after it's release... Because it wasn't released until the base quality was at x%... It's far from any consumers ideal as our wants are "as soon as possible without bugs"... But after the last decade plus of sim racing involvement I've come to understand that it's rare that a release will go live without a hot patch...

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Here in Brazil the year doesn't actually start until after carnaval. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1