1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Gave the 911 GTE a go too, some crazy lockup in it really, reduced the brake pressure to 85% and its a bit easier to avoid lockup, but its still there, unlike the C8-R that the brakes are pretty easy to manage, the 911 is kind of unnatural, hard to run one lap without ruining the tires.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, in that case you're looking at an outdated model. Outside of ARCA people don't race the Generation 6 chasis anymore and it isn't a good representation of how the top level of stockcar racing has changed. Infact the Gen 7 NASCAR was as big of a change as Hypercar is to WEC/IMSA and the 2022 F1 regulation changes. Not only that but one of the goals of the Gen 7 NASCAR stockcar is to make the car more suited to Road Courses, the Gen 6 NASCAR would've never been a G56 entry at LeMans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I don't see the connection between my remarks and your monologue. I was highlighting that Grid Legends released a generic nascar. Do you not understand my idea or do you want to be right at all costs? For your information, I have been watching Nascar for several years and I am fully aware of the latest regulations. But hey, it allowed you to "shine".

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. Smth really strange there. I've been running the Porsche GTE for smth like 100 hours over the last year. This is totally new behavior and very risky to choose that car. The Porsche GTE has been exceptionally good on the brakes compared to the other GTE cars before - you can brake later with it. At least you could. Now you are going to destroy the fronts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which shouldn't have been the case considering its weight distribution...

6. Turbo Granny

I get your point I think, even though i'm pretty sure the RSR are middle engined like the Corvette, I guess the base tuning of the car should at least be adjusted to the changes that were made, like lowering the brake pressure to a level the car feels drivable. I dont see drivers locking up this car everywhere in races that I watch, so it's pretty much something that can be adjusted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ettore

Yes but still what they did was turning the original engine 180 degrees around and the gearbox upside down to cope with the alteration. Although it greatly improves compared to a rear engine layout it is still not quite the same compared to a native mid-engine car I would say.

8. Turbo Granny

Ok, brake pressure at 85 and front anti roll bar at 7 and the brakes feels pretty good if you want to give it a go. I could brake pretty hard without locking up. But still taking more care on the tail braking.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Turbo Granny

True, looking at the weight distribution values the Corvette is closer to 50/50 than the Porsche. But the Porsche still feels weird now, it shouldnt make that much difference to give so much locking on the brakes.

10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I'll try that

11. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been running the Porker in our IMSA series for a couple of seasons; great car all round and best rendition of the RSR in any sim IMO. Hope the last update didn't screw up the car as we got our Daytona race coming up Friday. Haven't had the time yet to check for myself but reading the comments here it looks like a general thing with the tyres, just accentuated in the RSR

12. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

My only complaint with AMS2 is the interior sound. So much effort went into making the exterior engine sounds absolutely bad@ss. Yet in the cockpit, where we spend the majority of our time, is so muffled and subdued. I wish we had a sound adjusting option so I can bring in some of that sweet sweet engine music into the cockpit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Ettore

deleted

14. Turbo Granny

I would sugest you take sometime and find a good brake balance for yourself before going into that race, if not you could have a bad surprise. The base tuning is not viable now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Turbo Granny

I think the interiors sounds lack a bit of drama too, I have nothing against the engine sounds and mostly they are pretty good, but some rattles and such could be good for some cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Most of the default set ups suck...

Someone needs to go though them all and take out some of the understeer and corner exit snap oversteer... Most will be a complete pot luck event after 4 laps...

The more complex and lifelike the physics get the more likely that ANY default set up for all tracks of that type is going to be garbage...

Brake pressure on around 90% of the cars is 80% for me... It's rare that I can use more than that without encountering heating or locking issues...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've agreed with this many times until this past week when my other half had a migraine and I had to use my headphones...

The headphone mix is absolutely awesome!!! The cars that were dull, barely audible or sounded like crap on my speakers sounds bloody awesome in my headset...

It seems like surround set ups aren't able to convey what 2 speakers in a headphone can... Which is damned annoying as I rarely use my headset...

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

Agreed, it's even something that can give a bad first impression of the game and the physics, some base tunings are good now, but someone need to go through all the cars and improve the tunings so its a more balanced experience.

I was going to try it with my headphones this week, but to my surprise it went to sh*t, I need to get a new one and give the game a go with headphones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

That is the same for the GT1 Porsche, they are supposed to be really 'good' on the brakes but in AMS2 that often means you lock up too easily so you have to dramatically lower brake pressure, which means losing that strength.

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found out that using headphones for AMS2 made my tinnitus worse, even at safe levels.

Never had problems with other sims. I think it has something to do with some (probably realistic) acute sound coming from the engine (turbo?).

Since then I switched to normal speakers and everything is fine again.

• Agree Agree x 2