1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Due to the damage model that strength doesn't last long because that extra strength overheats the brakes...

At least we can do a pad change in the pits... But that always takes extra time in the stop..

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

is there brake pad dmg here? and replaceable? how can i check that?

3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had Crew Chief tell me (very recently) that I have brake damage, but I don't think it can be seen on the vanilla UI. As for replacements, the brakes are one of the repair options in pit strategies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest one of the remarks from the Audi drivers (McNish) of the late 90s and early 2000s was that it was pretty easy to lock up and not realize it because of the covered wheels in the GT1/Protos of the time. Especially GT1s had great downforce but not really that much at the front so locking was easier than one would imagine.
    In AMS2 a lot depends on the hardware too: I can easily go 90% or even 95% but my pedals vibrate when locking and that helps together with the steering wheel getting lighter.
    I'm using Fanatec V3 pedals with stock settings both in Fanalab and AMS2 in terms of sensitivity.
    However people used to stomp the s...t out of the brake pedal as some other sims do will have issues.
    Just as a comment, iracing is far more brake sensitive.
    On the other end of the spectrum ACC basically gives you more directionality with the steering wheel the harder you brake which is pretty unrealistic.
    At times I also find that AMS2 brakes are a bit overpowered in certain cars and lead to easier locking so I reduce a bit the braking power to 85%... Never went below that honestly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

There's a couple of Simhub options for AMS2 that have brake deg numbers which I use... But I believe the vanilla game might show it similar to the tyre wear... The brake heating indicator gets smaller with the wear... Will have to confirm this is just a belief as I haven't been looking for that as I have my Simhub up...

In general, with the GT1 Porsche as an example, if the brakes go over 1000C they start degrading faster than the brakes that do not...

After 5 laps at 90% pressure the fronts would be at around 15% deg whilst the rears will be around the 5% mark...

EDIT: I use a cheap brake mod on my pedals to produce a sponge sensation so I can use the same force for the braking and back off or push more if needed... No feedback outside of the wheel and motion rig for me...

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ettore

Make sure your brake temps don't go on the red... It's not good for balance as well

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is all news to me, explains a lot though.

How crazy is it that we're constantly figuring out things AMS 2 can do 3 years on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There used to be brake pad wear indicators in ams2 in 2020 but theyre gone now

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a good advice for every car you run, not only RSR. And specially for those like me who have a Fanatec CSL+Load cell since standard brake pressure is mostly too much high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a setting to activate the vibration function for the V3 in AMS2? They vibrate fine for me on some games but not in AMS2, I thought the game did not support that.

11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

There should be a graphical option added in the Performance tab, that says "Maximum number of headlights". It would improve performance especially in VR.

12. Ettore

I don't think there was anything done in AMS2, only enabled them in Fanalab. IIRC though in fanalab the vibration is activated through a threshold: that could make a difference from game to game. If you set it very high because you prevalently use ACC for instance that will lead to no vibration on sims where you are pushing brakes less. Would need to check when I fire up the sim PC what settings I have but I believe that is also stock value for me.

13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Never heard anything like that regarding the Porsche though, it was known to be extremely easy to drive and control under all conditions, especially compared to the other GT1 cars of the time.

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the 98T and it feels better than before IMO

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Just tested F-V10 gen1 cars. Spa 2022, Montreal (not historic) and Silverstone Historic 2001 were testing grounds. Tires felt good but I think hard compound has little edge over soft. On hards In Spa I was 1-1,5 seconds faster than soft. There are fast and long corners and soft overheated so grip loss was quite severe. In Montreal gap wasn't that big but still hard were better tire than soft, about 0,5-1 second. And Silverstone gap was about same as it was in Spa. Fast and long corners in there so overheated softs pretty easily. Best times I drove with hards.

16. Racinglegend1234

Speaking of spa, do Group C cars have low downforce on the old layout? Did some driving today and don’t think they do

17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Take the 962 and you can directly see if its the long or short version of the car

18. Ettore

That is different from being prone to locking under braking. The car is nimble for sure

19. Racinglegend1234

I can’t do that currently

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No ;)
    Hehe without patronizing you this car does NOT feel any different.
    Because of your post I took it out on one of the two "new" SPA historics.
    And eventhough I was able to set a slightly faster TT WR than my own former one then the feel of the car was completely the same as before.

ByTheWay: It has been proven by several scientific tests that placebo does work.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2