Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Keep looking...for something the shape of a circle ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I want to become a backer because I love the sims and want to help them with the way I can, money

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what does the beta testing consist of then?

Like do they give you some sort of direction, like hey car is doing X, we don't know why, screw around with it until it doesn't?

Or is it, hey, we want to test this new MP code, come race in this server at this time?

Or do they just hand you something and say, here break this as much as possible and tell us what happened?

Like it terms of release candidates, normally I can only give feedback on things that jump out to me as wrong, mainly because I don't really know what to look for?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza just makes a newest build available for a restricted public. They do not tell you what to test or not. You just boot up the beta whenever you feel like and report issues if you feel inclined to.

There are some sparse MP testing, but it is just a lobby where you join, race and then quit the game. You report any issues, if you want.

I'm under the impression that people think we, common beta testers, have massive knowledge of what is happening under the hood. We don't. In fact, we don't know anything special, other than sometimes new content drop in the beta.

Don't buy in into the beta because of the beta builds, but do it because you want a season pass with a discount.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That is exactly what I want. I really want to help Reiza with becoming a backer

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

I mean, I want to help reiza anyway I can honestly. I don't mind giving feedback on things, but I don't want my feedback to come off as constant hitching.

I feel like I'm constantly focused on certain issues, you know?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

This is 100% the opposite of the spirit of the beta program.

If you want to support Reiza, you can buy more copies of the game and DLC to give to others or just convince them to buy it themselves.

If you want to give feedback, it is already possible here and in the feedback threads. Getting a build two days earlier isn't going to make a difference if you are methodical and want to point out some issues with the game. Detailed reports with specifics are helpful regardless of who posts them. Of course, non-beta users are welcome to report issues. What else is the point of this forum other than for those who care about the gamer to share impressions and information?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I won't comment further on this topic from this post onwards, but unless I'm interpreting your post wrongly, afaik we do not live in wonderland...

The beta-access strategy is fairly common (and mostly fine) to capture some early customers and to build a healthy cash bank. Basically it is a win-win scenario. Customers get to test new things before the general public + some reduction at some future cost, developers get some early cash + insightful feedback before future releases.

The financial aspect of that win-win relationship is definitely the moving factor for both sides. It would be too poetic to expect anything else.

Otherwise Reiza could simply open the beta to anyone and get their feedback on the game. Or customers could simply donate money to Reiza without receiving anything back.

We do not live in wonderland.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Simulated doesn't really work for testing other AI file bits... So I'd say it would make a difference...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:eek: I'm still sad GTE/LM is dead, but this softens the blow a bit

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

in 2020 tracks?
    (in 2022, someone said some easter egg has not found for 2 years.:whistle:)

12. Marc Collins

Yes, I agree it is a "wonderland" to imagine a game developer giving discounts to season passes with nothing in return. And in case you are misinterpreting, pay attention to the portions of your messages I quoted.

13. Marc Collins

At Hockenheim. See any circles that might be useful? ;) upload_2023-1-27_23-42-37.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

15. Dylan Hale

A couple things...

1. How come no one told me the Ginetta G58 was so much fun. That thing is basically a DPI car that never actually raced in IMSA, and it's a interesting pairing with both the DPI and the Metalmoro it's classed with. This would be a car I would almost like a single class version for as LMP2 stand in.

2. In regards to beta testing, It almost sounds like there are different levels of beta tester here? Marc is making it sound much more orginized and formal with guidance and targeted feedback sought by the devs. Sgsfabiano is making it sound like a select group get what would be a Release cadidate a few days or weeks before release with no guidance what so ever. Like almost everything, I'm assuming the truth is somewhat in the middle, or that Marc is a internal tester of some sort?

And Sgsfabiano when you say, "I'm under the impression that people think we, common beta testers, have massive knowledge of what is happening under the hood. We don't. In fact, we don't know anything special, other than sometimes new content drop in the beta." What exactly do you mean by that? I know you guys can't talk about what's coming, but how about the Nissans? They were in game and fuctional enough for screenshot teasers a year before they eventually released, they were supposed to be included with 1.3. When they finally did show up, all 3 cars had odd bugs and apparently there was a not insignificant amount of crunch to get those cars out the door.

So my question is, were they in beta for all that time, or did they just show up at the very end with the BGPL, SC, and CT packs? Also I assume the desision to make low downforce kits played some role in delaying them that long, and caused that CTD issue we had with the R90?

And to be clear, I'm not trying to be a b-asshole here, I genuinely would like to learn more about game development, and see how the sauage is made. I understand madness is a tricky beast because of how the engines systems overlap with one another, and that naturally creates some obstacles, but I'm stuggling to understand how the last patch completely broke some seemly random or unrelated things that weren't a problem before like driver models not appearing in some cars, Snetterton dissapearing from existance, the R90's and various Historic F1 Gen 1 and 2's ride heights, and the oval AI going from the best it's been to "butt sniff formation driving"

I'll be honest with you, as a outsider looking in, developing this game feels like some Charley Brown decorating the christmas tree by waving their hands around level of voodoo that I don't understand.

16. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

-YES - sometimes things get tweaked your way, other times not at all but always the direction of development is cleary explain with concrete arguments(see comments froms Crimson and Steelcast on these forums)
    -YES

17. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1. G58 has been one of the best car in the game for a couple of years now, but not a GT3, not popular content so is not getting enough attention
    2.Yes there are a couple of beta levels. Marc is also in the second one so Level 2 here as far as I know.

18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It is paired with the Metalmoro as they both ran together in the Brazilian Enduro P1 class..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, Helicopters for AMS2 confirmed - helipads for all circuits and rumoured collaboration with MSFS 2020 incoming :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It would be enough if the AI helicopters would work again as before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1