Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Thanks for the info. If you live in Canada, it's also available on RevTV.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Reiza should take a look at the cars and figure out a way to give them to us in a nice DLC. not to mention they could probably ask S397 to return the favour from the RF2 Reiza DLC

• Like Like x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or they make a class for their own versions of them

5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate the attempt to help people, but this is partially false. As I have mentioned several times, there are bugs with the ICM, pit strategy saves, and even other settings like refueling. Putting it to "all" is advised, but it's not a guarantee it won't glitch in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe removing recommended will help

7. Turbo Granny

Yeah, my mistake, I forgot about the custom AI problem, I only had custom AI for GT3 and GT4, added it for the other classes now and the problem is solved.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a short multiclass race at daytona with the ai at high aggression. Slower classed AI need to learn to stick to their path and be predictable when a faster class ai/player is coming from behind. At the moment they sometimes block faster ai and the faster ai clump behind. Still more work to do on multiclass ai racing for now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also happens on single class races... faster AI struggle to overtake slower AI. This is so clear with cars equipped with DRS. the AI behind has all it takes to breeze past the AI in front, yet they struggle to do so... usually the only way they can overtake is by going side-by-side in a corner.

I think this issue is not something that can be fixed by finetuning stuff, given it is widespread through all cars, classes and tracks, it is more like deeply rooted somewhere in the code.

If Reiza ever gets to solve it, I think the AI will finally be enjoyable and immersive to race with. Until then, it is kinda bizarre/weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I did over a hundred pitstops with it set to ALL and never once had a problem. Did it happen to You personally with it set to all ? I am willing to bet someone had it set to "recommended" and misremembered the setting.

Before making this video i did many lap 1 pitstops for HOURS, and 100% of the time the ALL changed tires, while Recommended didn't.

Yes there are problems with the ICM and setups sometimes not saving properly but that is a SEPARATE problem from this one. The recommended / ALL options need to be completely removed and forced set to "ALL".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Man.. 24h Daytona.. I would be incredible bored, but with multiclass it could be fun cause you've to stay alert for incoming cars.

12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can back this up. I've done probably 30 pit stops since Tom figured this out and have had no problems in game. The issue is now strategies not loading into MP

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turbo Granny

Yeah with multiclass it's much more chaotic, it's pretty entertaning. With each yellow flag the GTP are all together again leading to some good moments. It's funny how IMSA seems to mostly nail the BOP and WEC struggles so much with it. For certain LMH with LMDH BOP will be full of bull**** like last season in WEC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I don't remember Reiza ever announcing a 'deadline'.
    That is just a word some people in the community make up when timelines don't go to plan.

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Each time it's failed it's been in multiplayer. It's happened to me and several others, all of us who set our strategies to "all" and the correct tire before the race. If it was only down to this "recommended tire" issue, then we wouldn't have several times where the game completely refused to allow several drivers to refuel in a fuel limited race. In a lobby of 25-30, typically 1-2 will have it ignore the strategy and treat it as a "stop and go."

Setting it to "all" may fix it in SP, but I have multiple leagues who have had races ruined by the game randomly deciding to ignore pit strategies even if they were set up correctly. If you mainly play SP, ignore my whining, but it's deeply frustrating when you put hours of practice for a league race, and the game refuses to use the strategy to saved and selected. I had a season final get ruined by the game ignoring my strategy that I set up and double checked in the ICM and refused to let me refuel while everyone around me could. I've had several friends who tested it when it failed and did 3 pitstops in a row without changing a thing and it would randomly work on the last one. Pitstops and pit strategies in MP are a complete gamble on whether they'll work or not. It's consistent enough that you can trust it 80-90% of the time, but frequent enough to constantly loom over the event.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

It’s generally been known about by most leaguers for a while, and was considered a pre-emptive measure . And removing the option for recommended has been called for , for a while.and I’m glad it’s finally going happen.
    But this information is very helpful for public lobby racers that probably make up a lot of the complaints about tires not being changed under false pretence.

But even then , there has been cases with stream footage to back it up that it still can bug out. It’s never happened to me personally , but I know others who are super diligent that it’s happened too in a race.

it’s almost impossible to recreate when you try to , you could do many multiple pit stops and never see it, but it’s a different story when you have a full grid and busy pit lanes .

17. TomLehockySVK

Is there any footage that you know of, where you can see drivers having it set to ALL and yet they still don't get a tire change ? Also setting it to "ALL" in the ICM mid-race is not the same as setting it in the pit strategy.

18. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’d have to drawl through a lot of old posts in discord to find it, and then watch a lot of footage. which I can’t really be bothered :confused:.
    but I know it was shared to devs , so you just have to trust that there’s plenty of very experienced Ams2 guys that have been analysing this issue for along time .

I was definitely in the camp of , it’s mostly user error for along time, and I feel 90% of reports were . But there is still occasions where it’s not, and it’s mostly when the grids are large .

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here

20. TomLehockySVK

If we are to ever 100% solve this problem then at one point or another we'd have to go through footage of every possible setting that could affect it.

I was also in the camp of "must be user error" until i accidentally noticed when creating a new pit strategy that i left it on "recommended". And i am in a league where we are always 20+ drivers and everyone has it set to "ALL" and nobody from those people ever experienced the pitstop bug besides me when i had it on Recommended.

I would really want to be proven wrong and that it can still crap out and not change tires. Until it happens or is proven with proper video footage, i will be happy with the analysis i did thus far. Source "just trust me" is not good enough.

• Agree Agree x 1