Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I was gonna say something, BMW has been absolutely nowhere in GTP and GTD. Same with Porsche and Ferrari in GTD. But you're 100% right that Acura seems to really let loose on the oval and is insanely quick

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Those cars have something in common also, they are the one with less development time, maybe it has more to do with it than with BOP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lucifer_sam

Actually thinking about it, I remember hearing that the Acura is very very similar to the DPI they ran last year so that might also be why they're so quick.

Also if you're curious what happened to the #10 Acura, sometime after midnight one of the parts needed to make an oil change broke so they had take it to the garage and are now 2 laps down

4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

#60 Acura still leading with 7 more pirtstops than the Caddies lol. That's insane.

5. Turbo Granny

Makes sense, they are the current champions and all. I'm impressed with the Cadillac, great pace and a completly new engine. It's getting close to the #60 Acura again and it sounds glorious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

I still like the approach to BOP in IMSA better than WEC, in WEC they make like 5 changes before each race and cant get something close to a balance... To their credit they had the Alpine that they wouldnt allow to win the championship, and the Glick bringing the others down for part of the season, it's hard to BOP for sure. But yeah I agree, the Acura might need some nerf, I still think their pace is due to their speed on the oval.

7. Lucifer_sam

Yeah, I'd probably nerf the Acura's top speed a tiny bit, but I feel we'll get a better picture of the fields pace at Sebring. Daytona is basically the American Monza but even faster. So cars that are more suited to low drag set ups and top end will benefit greatly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All of my pit strategies I personally use that change tires have it set to "all" and the specific tire I want. I double check it before the race, and in the ICM before I pit, yet I've had it happen a solid 3-4 times just with tires. I've had it ignore fuel requests twice and ignore changes to damage repairs twice.

For reference, I knew about the "all/recommended" difference since the Pcars2 days, and that game had the similar issues with pitstops and pit strategies. The main league I race with started in Pcars2 and we all knew of the pit strategy quirks for years.

The problem is pit strategies in MP in AMS2 often will completely refuse to save or delete. I've had several times where I've overwritten a strategy and it completely ignores any changes I've made. I can double check my settings in the ICM before I pit and it completely ignores my inputs.

Edit: I apologize if I seem a bit annoyed. As someone who has done 750+ MP races in AMS2 and 1000+ MP races in Pcars2, I find it a bit insulting to insinuate that all of the trouble I've had with pitstops in this game is up to a rookie error that I've known about for 5+ years.

I'll get some people together and do a test, but it is absolutely certain there are bugs with pit strategy saves.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If it isn't part of the free content update then what other tracks are supposed to be in the historic pack 1 ?
    EDIT: Alright i see why i was confused about this historic pack - they are part of the 2020 - 2022 Season Pass and i forgot that the Historic Pack 1 was still part of it. I suddenly just saw Jerez and Estoril historic appear for me. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The saving and over writing thing has happened to me a few times... You are probably aware but sadly there's a very small limit to the amount of strategies we can have, maybe 8?... So we can't have ones for each car and have to basically be made new for every race because of the tyre pressures and various other things...

It could be one of the many things that a few people will experience but others won't... This engine is full of them... But I've only ever been unable to save when I've had too many...

I'm just passing on my observations as I've only experienced this through other people telling me it happened to them and after the past weekend with a few Daytona multiple hour races running cleanly that no one has reported an issue from those races with many stops... 1 of those leagues had people that used to have the issue with nothing being changed at a stop...

So the change from recommeded to all has helped at least some people with this issue... As always with the madness engine there is room for other bugs to be present causing the same symptoms...

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are fine.

What annoys me is the level of denial we often see here. More than once I had to record something before some people took my feedback as true...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I have yet to have a pit strategy not saving, but plenty of times i had the car setup not save when i exited out of the "Edit setup" menu. Happen once, ever since then i repeatedly check the setup several times before a race and sometimes it still reverts to default, but after a few "Load setup" clicks it enables the proper one again. Still super annoying either way.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  13. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I encountered an issue the other day when prepping for a Daytona race, I did a lot of set up work in TT mode and then went to a test day session for higher fuel and relevant conditions testing,
    Car was handling poorly, and when looking at the same setup I’d been running and even reloading the saved setup, there were some values that had reverted to generic values .
    Even values that you wouldn’t get in default setup, for example, all my toe settings were set to 0.0 , there was something else ,but I can’t recall which option it was now .

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Lucifer_sam

I mean if you want to know why people don't have the same trust in you as they do with some other members of the form I can explain it. It's because many folks don't buy you're coming here in good faith.

In every single large community there is a small subsect that just come in to complain. We don't know you, you come here and complain (not making a comment of the validity of those complaints at all, I'm sure you've made great points) pretty often from my own limited experience. But because that's what a lot of the people here see you do mostly, it's hard to differentiate between good and bad faith critism and one way to determine that is how often you have something nice to say about the game. Another way to determine is to wait for you to show proof about what youre talking about.

The constant digs at people who defend this game only hurts you here, I don't get why you do that if you truly want people to listen to you more. Infact, if I'm being honest thats why I personally have a hard time taking your criticisms as good faith. Why should I actually try to have an adult conversation about problems with AMS 2 when everyone disagrees with you is being labeled as "in denial". It's especially silly considering every single person who messages in this fourm have large critisms about AMS 2 and have voiced them. The AI needs work, multiplayer is unstable, 32 cars isn't enough for endurance racing, VR performance issues, and the list goes on and on and on.

No one is in denial, AMS 2 is very flawed (like all other racing sims) and everyone here will admit that. But if I came in here and just complained about the problems I have with the game people wouldn't take me seriously. Drop the insults, drop the bitterness, show that youre not just here to complain and slowly over time more people will take your word more seriously.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well sometimes in this forum you point out an issue that you have encountered time and time again, and yet you have to struggle through a lot of "helpful" remarks that tell you to
    1) adjust setup values X, Y and Z (this reliably does absolutely nothing if you actually have one or two clues what to do with setups)
    2) reinstall the entire game (which takes several hours and deletes the game settings and skins)
    3) check your hardware for defects/wrong settings.

It can be a bit grating at times, good faith or not. One could also argue that someone who tells you to invest several hours in checking some rather unlikely causes for any given issue is also not acting in good faith.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree, the G58 is a real pleasure. In general, the P1 class is very pleasant. To be honest, I prefer to drive the P1s at DPI because it seems more stable. Maybe the default configuration is better? I'm open to configuration advice for DPI.

17. Lucifer_sam

Well, doesn't mean he can't act in good faith. I get being annoyed, I mean I am really annoyed about how he's acting but two wrongs don't make a right. I'm being as fair as possible to him while also criticizing his actions, it's the same thing I do with Reiza and any other thing I criticize.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Buddy, add me to your ignore list. I add you to mine, and we both can move on.

19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Those 3 fixes have been at the core of many issues for people who have an issue that others cannot replicate... Especially #2... So it's absolutely said with good intentions whenever it is uttered...

Although I would add that number 1 needs to have "reset to defaults if set up changes do not help a weird feeling physics situation"...

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Some of these problems could be related to if you have too many setups for a certain car then the setup file index get cluttered up/spoiled.
    The result is both that some of the setups does disappear but also that some of the remaining setups either cannot be changed or is launched with weird values.

ByTheWay: I have described this in another post where I use this as an explanation of why Reiza and lots of users advocate to regularly delete all your setups.

• Informative Informative x 2