Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

As Xfinity ? Or 2000-2010s Cup Serie ?
    They behave very well on Daytona Oval, there are enough liveries, it can be an idea.
    @TomLehockySVK

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What type of "updating" exactly ? I started making a new livery pack for the F-Classig Gen 4 after the latest update and had no drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TomLehockySVK

I've yet to put any time into driving the Mitsubishi cars. I will give them a spin and think about making something if they are good. Currently i am 6 liveries away from finishing the modern NR pack for the Brazil 21 Stock Cars.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, a hotfix to fix snetterton is urgent and should be asap

• Agree Agree x 12
  5. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Take your time. As long as they have the same Reiza quality from your previous content (especially Spa 70), take your time.

upload_2023-1-30_18-32-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Guys, I want to ask you about Racin' USA part 3.
    Will there be any cars addded to this DLC? Or is it only the 3 tracks?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

There are also serious problems currently with the AI - they are SUPER SLOW in every corner, in every car, on every track, while being super fast on any straight.

8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You get the oval versions of the CART cars. Basically like getting the LDF versions of other formulas but there's 3 versions.

Short oval, Speedway, and super speedway

TBH the ai is glitched as of the latest update, I wouldn't bother until the end of the month.

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Arent these partly there for Daytona?

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Short oval is Rio and Gateway
    Speedway is Indy
    Super Speedway is Daytona and Autoclub

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Daytona runs the non-Hanford Device cars as creative license. (so basically runs the speedway package)

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is absolutely not true in any universal sense. Please provide specifics of the vehicles and track layout and date/weather...preferably (also) in the bug report thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or even better, in the official AI report thread:
    Official AI Report Topic

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You know with all the AI talk... it begs the question. I find the biggest problem with AMS 2's AI is overtaking eachother on straights and I wonder why that is?

It just doesn't have that same intuitive answer as AI not running on the same physics, and many of the other problems. I'd also like to know because I think it would give a good idea about "fixable" the problem is. I also wonder how much this fix would effect the bunching often seen with AMS 2 AI especially considering that this type of bunching is somewhat common on difficult to pass circuits IRL (it was when I was watching the 1981 Belguim GP at Zolder where it clicked for me).

15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

But posting it there won't trigger nearly as much internet outrage!

16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont think it has anything to do with them being on different physics, the sim has so many different car/tracks combinations that I dont think Reiza have had the time or resources, to put 100% effort on fine tuning all those combos. I think there are 3 main issues with the AI right now:
    1. They back off on corner entry when they have a clear overtake on the inside, its so frustrating watching the AI back off on making an easy pass.
    2. Their "judgement" of the track limits when side by side on some parts, causing them to go on the dirt for no reason.
    3. Their magnetism when evenly matched, instead of running 1 to 2 seconds each car behind, they run in packs of 4+ cars all within 1 second until one or two makes a mistake and then they run more realistically spread out. (This should have been improved somewhat with the dirty air effects update, but it seems the AI is not affected)

Those are the 3 fundamental issues IMHO, I am not including bugs like the AI not changing tires and their inconsistency on the wet, because those are bugs and more car and track dependent problems. I dont think it's an impossible task to fix these issues, but what do I know? I am no developer, I do think there being so many cars and circuits it's got to be very time consuming.

All in all I enjoy racing the AI and havent had too much issues with them, but the way they race against each other do need some improvements to make them great. They are good to very good at the moment depending on the car/track combo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This is one of the issues that has me thinking there's a real ceiling to how far Reiza can take the AI with the average CPU processing power over the limited cores that are used by the end user...

It appears as if in many of the occasions when the AI has a pass lined up and just doesn't finish the job vs another AI car, that there's either too much thinking going on between the 2 AI cars for the overtaking car to finish the job cleanly... Or there's not enough thinking being allowed to happen and the small thoughts/processes of backing out of the move become larger...

And this is backed up by how intuitive the AI seems around the player... As if the addition of the defending AI cars thoughts takes away from the attacking AI's ability to make the pass confidently...

The defending and mistakes codes also plays roles here as lower defending numbers can help overtakes happen at certain tracks... And a low forced mistake number will see more mistakes on track when defending leading to more opportunities for the overtaking AI... Add in sometimes too high aggression which leads to the AI taking an aggressive overtaking route which needs to be backed out of...

But overall a lot of the tracks suffer from a narrow AI line which narrows further into the corners forcing the AI to back out of a move because there's an AI on the path it wishes to take... Sort of like the AI path was made for the Aussie Racing Cars or something similarly small which causes problems for the wider vehicles...

So there are improvements to be made, but in my view there's also a limit to how many thoughts/decisions the AI can have/make... So there will be some fudging to make them more believable in certain situations as well as adding some key features to their physics like fuel weights and loss of grip in puddles...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not what I'm suggesting at all! I mentioned the AI having different physics being something that makes sense to me. Like ofc all the AI can't run the same physics as the player, not only are the physics pretty complex but the AI aren't players and driving a racecar is actually a pretty complex thing.

The AI not overtaking on straights doesn't make sense and I'd like some insight on why that might be the case and that is it. I just want to know how it works more because I think it's neat.

19. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Must be an echo in the room.

20. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

They’re also super slow, on long straights, especially classic F1 (all classes) at e.g., Hockenheim 88. With 75% boost, I started last & had overtaken almost all of the AI before the first chicane. It felt like they had way too much downforce, but they were relatively quick in the corners, especially the twisty stadium section, where they are very quick. I guess, the AI classes need a lot of work in all areas. Btw, I’ve reported this in the AI thread

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3