Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So many colors:)
    I remember when sims had just:
    black, blue, white and maybe some other.

Then, sokoban, was very colorful....and a great and tricky game.

2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

SHADOW GLITCH POSSIBLE TEMPORARY FIX !
    I already did a quick test and for one session i had no shadows glitching on the track. At the same time this works only for Online sessions because for Single Player / Offline races, the qualifying timer ending does not end your run even if you stay out, you still have to properly finish the lap and the shadow glitch is there.

I am doing many more tests right now to try and replicate the issue reliably and see when exactly it triggers and when it doesn't. We might solve this after all those years !
    1ntodz99cdha1.jpg
    eu3xQlv.jpg
    Several more tests done:
    - So far 100% confirmed if you stay out on the track during qualifying when the countdown hits 0, there will be NO glitched shadows.
    So far it only works in the online mode.

EDIT: Damn it, i tried another qualifying session and the glitch shadow appeared immediately, and it appeared in the race in the same place. If someone can help out do more tests. The thing is that it seems to appear when Qualifying / Practice is enabled, when just jumping straight into a race it is not there just yet.
    20230210133431_1.jpg
    EDIT2: Some more tests:
    Shadow glitch appears in single player even when directly jumping into a race session.
    20230210175241_1.jpg
    EDIT3:
    Many more tests later :
    - Shadow glitch can appear in single player even when directly jumping into a race session
    - Online, If the shadow glitch does not appear during qualifying, then it won't appear in the race if you let the timer run out while staying out on the track (at least it didn't from the several times i tried this)

So far i tried many, many variables and not a single way is consistently reproducing the shadow glitch / making it not appear. Only thing that is somewhat consistent is sometimes the shadows not appearing when racing online, and staying on the track until the timer runs out. But that only works if no glitched shadows appear during a practice / qualifying session.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks ok. Fun to see even these people lunge from far during the hairpin at Spa Startline, lol. And then crash. Guess either skill-level low, or it's universal thing :D

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6. TomLehockySVK

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NFT is pathetic indeed and this Rennsport looks and sounds sketchy af.

But you/we are already buying cars with real money in iRacing, rF2, AC.... even in AMS2 with DLCs as a wholesale... so your argument doesn't look valid to counter that sketchy project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. Same graphics quality, same bs GT3 class.

This hunger for GT3 racing in the sim world is making sim racing looking more and more generic, bland and every game "samey". Same cars/classes, same tracks.

What a pity... but if that is what sells, can't blame devs for making that choice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But legally, you do not own the content you buy on those games.

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a NFT like system is going to be the future of moding, for better or for worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Technically, the same argument applies to LPs and CDs. You do not own them, you own a "license" for the music. In theory, again, you cannot resell a CD or a LP. In reality, that's not the case.

The same should be true for a sim. If you buy AMS2 and install it on your PC, Reiza should not have the power to remove the sim and its content from your hard disk. It's there to stay. The company can stop technical support of the game and remove it from sale (along with its DLC), but the sim is yours. People still play Grand Prix Legends, a title that was released many decades ago. I'm sure the license has expired a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless Renato shows up with a gun of course... I'm sure there is some beta testers out there hordeing the IR18 build of AMS 2 that live in fear to this day! ;):p

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Or people working on a legitimate version of a mod... :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. TomLehockySVK

WRONG. I cannot sell my dlc further to other people, so your attempt to defend Rensport's marketplace is not valid. Rensport you can buy and sell cars in their marketplace, and that is absolutely an NFT market.

And to reply to a comment above - NFTs won't be anything mod-related ever, because people won't let it. So many games already attempted to implement them and every single time people said Fudge That and devs had to quickly remove anything even resembling an NFT. The NFT market already crashed by 90% already anyway so that's a dead thing.

Rant over, back to AMS2 topics.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think your analogy holds.
    Even after Papyrus disappered you was/is still able to start GPL up and enjoy all its features.
    If Reiza close the net adress that is needed to start AMS2 up then all the content on your local HD of this game is worthless.
    That is the difference between complete ownership of a game and just renting a net bound game service. ;)

ByTheWay: Hehe Im not fully sure the company who created GPL allready called itself Papyrus at that time:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

They called the company Papyrus back then. I just ckecked which Sims can be started without a inmternet connection in steasm offlien mode without losing DLC or game Progress.

PCARS 1+2, AMS2, AC, ACC work fine but show a MPRS failure /MPRS Reset)
    DiRT Rally 1+2, Forza Horizon 4+5 and don't work at all.

Other games like Skyrim, The Witcher III etc. all work without any troubles in offlien mode.

Nothing from Ubisoft works at all.

I'am not surprised because I play in offline mode most of the time nowadays.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

I had Internet outage a couple days last week because my fibre snapped thanks to an accident outside home. I could use AMS2 offline with no issues.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

But again, that's not what Rennsport is saying. Owning virtual cars is not the same as having access to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

Isn't it great to still have games that aren't "always online DRM" bullcrap.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Then Im more or less fully corrected:mad:
    Actually I just thought that this Steam offline thing didnt work because it was an leftover thing from ancient times.
    Dooh I have never tried it :rolleyes: