Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was not my first racing game but one used a long time...till UbiSoft's F1 Racing Simulator (with 1996 Estoril and Monaco (old Piscine entry)) and Racing Simulator2

• Like Like x 2
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I did, that is why I made the statement. I would not have thought there was the computing power or data available to be able to accurately simulate. I expected it to just be some basic coding for it to be remotely believable

3. F1Aussie

I think I had racing simulator 2, on PS1 or PS2, can't remember which. I thought the Aussie f1 coverage in 1998 introduced the track on race day with racing simulator

• Like Like x 1
  4. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, and a higher sense of safety engenders a tendency to take greater risks resulting sometimes in the worst carnage and the attitude shown is keep the pedal to the metal and not slow and be cautious. As an adult I find it pathetic.

5. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Were the drivers reprimanded here for this incident, or what do you mean?

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How did no one die from this crash... Good God

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. CB.

CB. New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the folks posting these old gems!!! Test Drive 1 and Indy 500!!! So many hours spent on these games. It's awesome to look at them today and REALLY appreciate what we are able to play nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

GPL was the epitome ..repeat epitome of race car sims back in the day. Nothing came close to their physics model plus i think it was the first sim to simulate a clutch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm talking about real life, like Spa and Indy/Daytona, don't remember which where drivers died.

10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While I don't think your analysis applies to this crash (wet track conditions and a blind flat-out corner usually ends very poorly, no matter the skill) your concerns are very valid. In NASCAR it's gotten pretty bad, lots of dudes making these silly dive bombs that's everyone and their mom knows won't work.

And don't get me started on wallriding. That stuff annoyed me so much I practically stopped paying attention to anything NASCAR related. Really frustrating to see nascar fans complain about the playoffs because it's too entertainment focused yet cheer on people like Chastain and Larson because it's "entertaining" though I fail to see any entertainment other than pointing and laughing.

11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE get the option to adjust at least these three things when an online server is set to "FORCED DEFAULT SETUPS" ?? These three things change a lot when it comes to just the comfort of driving a car, not the speed at which it drives. So many cars have a terrible default steering lock and also the brake pressure is set way too high leading to constant lock-ups, and adjusting brake bias would help against spinning around based on how people prefer their braking to feel.

Even something like iRacing allows the change of these things in their Fixed Setup races.
    8464746_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 16
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1000 agrees. Brake pressure is a must, especially for users with ****ty G29 pedals like myself.

On the online settings subject: if a lobby is set with arcade settings (ABS on, TC on) on cars that do not have those settings, can I turn them off for myself? Or are we forced to race with them on?

13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also selecting tires on default setups can be glitchy. It gives you the illusion of tire choice, but will often just glitch out and pick whatever it wants. In practice or quali, you can set it, leave, have the wrong tire, then return to pits and it usually selects the right tire, but in the pre-race screen it'll glitch and ignore all inputs.

14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You mean selecting what tires to start the race on ? How exactly did it glitch out for you ? Can you give more information about how it happens or what happens ?

15. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

You can turn them off if you bind keys for each one. This also works around the bug whereby they disappear on some cars that have them as standard.

+ 1 for the setup menu and add for the umteenth time that steering lock should be able to be reduce to less than 14 on all cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

That game was dog**** compared to Geoff Crammond´s f1gp, which came out before. The only good point was the track editor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Tyres in general can be glitchy, especially on the small set up screen... There's been a few times I've been on the wrong tyre leaving the pits after just using the small version... Seems to be ok for bias and other options, but tyres nope... But this is without forced defaults... With forced defaults I think slicks are the option 80% of the time even with wets selected on the small set up screen...

I haven't noticed it as much on the advanced screens but then I've had that reset to whatever set up it's stuck loading bug a few times as well... Which also screws with the tyre choice... Not sure exactly how to get rid of that one... Sometimes saving a new set up and deleting the others works, other times it's stuck there forever...

I know you know, I'm just having a complain about these bugs that need a large splat... And I'm sure there's a few others that don't know...

If they are authentic there will be car set up options in the advanced menu... If they are game forced then it's down to your settings... Although it's bugged and turns off for some and therefore might turn on for others... It's not supposed to...

18. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

A more robust championship mode is one thing I miss the most in AMS2. Hopefully sorted by end of year.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the December development update:
    I don't think I'd expect it to be completed in 2023.

The Racing Life app can help scratch some of the career mode itches in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

That looked like it could have been Anthoine Hubert all over again.