Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish I was into pc gaming earlier as F1 challenge 99-02 would have been my ultimate sim but I was on consoles then and when I did get it there were newer more advanced and graphically superior sims out there.

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Championship and Career are two different game modes. There can be overlap (Career Mode that features championships, or Championship Mode with season results tracked over time) but I don't think that was what deekracer was referring to here.

I interpreted deekracer's post more as a wish for "bug fixes and new features" in the current Championship Mode, e.g. updating the built-in F1 championship calendars to include Monza, getting more detailed control of the point systems, making it easier to continue previous championships, supporting multi-class point scoring, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh. Yeah, that's definitely possible. I agree with the bug fixes. Some of the bugs I've bumped into recently actually make it harder to run Racing Life championships. I'm hoping that fulfilling the Season Pass content obligations will give Reiza some time to polish the game a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Will we get the option to change the pitspeed limit in championship mode just like in race weekend? It is ridiculous to drive through pits with 60 km/h in a historic F1 car. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree 100%

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And pit exit penalties too? For crossing the white line.

8. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Actually would love to see the Career Mode in PC2 extended to its logical end. I really liked the direction PC2 went where you needed to place well in a series to move to a higher one.
    At the very least, I'd like to see Championship mode cover almost all the cars in AMS2. Frustrating to me that there are four different BR Stock Car series and not enough F1. Some of the F1s currently are such a blast to drive that it's ashamed you can only do random races and not an entire roster of races.

9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The PC2-style career mode combined with AMS2's custom AI would be great, you could have drivers move between categories depending on where they placed in a season, their skills could increase as they gained experience, etc.

External apps like Racing Life are great but they would be even better if they could access the game directly. That would satisfy a lot of people in the short term as the community has already made some cool tools for AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can have more F1 championships - you just need to make them yourself. Have done that with a few. It would be cool if you could download ones you made and share them for others to upload like Assetto Corsa does. Always nice to share and sample with community.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe an option to set speed in FCY and on flying starts.
    With several cars (like trucks) it's hard to reach and keep the speed of 100 or 120 kph in time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

That sounds really cool, have a bunch of drivers start their career with you, have them move up/around the classes and improve their skills and maybe face them later on again in the higher classes, some as contenders for championships and some just fighting for points.

If anyone here remembers TOCA/DTM/Pro Race Driver, it was always cool meeting Donny in a championship.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I made a post on one thread I dont really remember, about how AMS2 wide variety of car classes and AI customization makes for a perfect living and evolving motorsport "World". You can have different evolving teams and drivers coming and going, with transfers and stuff, akin to a football manager.

Not in the sense of the player controlling a team, dont think its possible with the madness engine, but in having a virtual wolrd of motorsports. Dont know if the game engine is capable of simulating such a wide variety of races and all the transfers and stuff. So probably my idea is too ambitious in scope, would be pretty cool tough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

At the very least, I'd like to ask for more default championships, but with their respective trophies! That small thing will really encourage me to try more cars. We could even have a photo mode for our trophy room.
    These championships could be based on real championships from different years (one class could be used for more than a year) and have a bit of car and historical info.
    This could make it feel more like a complete game and less like a sandbox.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only trophies I've ever cared about winning in a game:
    upload_2023-2-15_21-47-32.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Dream big! Been thinking of a similar concept for a few years. possibly could make it interactive, where drivers would need to be certified and ranked over a few years. I think it needs more fleshing out though.

17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nascar Thunder 2004 but starting in 1969 and building your team through generations of F1 through Reiza's extensive collection of cars and seasons.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

AMS2 Career mode could be like:

(They could use one of the Jacarepaguá balloons for the final stage)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its because theres no physical safety car/truck in-game yet for the ai to catch up to. We need a safety car, and we should also be able to change what model safety car is, as this can be used adjust the speed of the train and add series/historical authenticity

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Never thought of the wife's kindle as a kick ass gaming machine, but I'm all for it :)

• Like Like x 1