Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. stum

stum New Member

Version: Current
    Settings: Any multiplayer race with pitstops
    Report: Cars 'floating' after pitstop

After pitstop some cars are floating. They are visible to other drivers as floating above the track, and visible on replay and broadcast.
    It appears the cars do not come down off their jacks at a tire change and just drive out of pits above the ground.
    Bug 2.png bug 3.png bug 4.png

Considerations: We are using a skin pack ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: Current(1.4.5.2)
    Car Used: Any car that creates metal sparks, so all Formula cars and probably a few others.
    Applicable Setting: VR.

Report: "Metal sparks" are completely bugged in VR. Because they are rendered differently per eye. And one eye is always a few meters away from the car. So it's completely ruining the immersion at this moment for all Formula cars that generate metal sparks.

I recently bought the Brazilian Racing Legends Pack Pt1, it's an amazing DLC, but it's unusable for me because of the metal sparks. The "metal sparks" seem to be only tested in 2D/pancake mode.

My suggesion is to give us a option to fully disable metal sparks or to remove them completely until this bug is fixed (if it's difficult to fix, a fix would be nicer of course). Because a large amount of racers use VR, and it's really ruining the experience currently.

Steps to reproduce: Use VR and chose a car that creates metal sparks, I use the Reverb G2. It happens with all cars that produce them.

3. TurboHenk

Car used: Any car
    Track used: Almost all tracks have some flickering objects but some more than others(Long Beach has more than average for example)
    Applicable Setting: VR.

Report: "thin" objects, like the road advertisements at the side and above the road and other thin objects as for example the construction that holds the stairs at Interlagos flicker in VR when you view them from a distance of more than ~300-400 meters(and you can see sometimes what's behind it, like in the Interlagos the stairs or when the advertisements are hanging on fenches; you can see the fench itself through the flickering) and other objects in some tracks like tyres on the side of the road or the glasses of buildings in the city skyline(that's further than 300-400 meters, but have the same issue). The flickering stops when you drive closer to the object. This really immersion ruining.

I tried ALL possible graphic settings(also in Nvidia settings en OpenXR/OpenVR etc. tried everything) and I even bought a 4090 to raise the resolution to the max. (currently run 3400x3400) but nothing helps. They objects always keep flickering in VR. This is the biggest issue of all bugs that I have with AMS2. It's super distracting during each single race.

Steps to reproduce: Use VR and you'll notice it in many tracks (most of the tracks have at least 5 to 10 items or more that massively flicker in VR). It cannot be missed, all VR users are suffering from it. And it has nothing to do with "shimmering". I'm talking about a complete sign/object that keeps flickering as long as it's in a distance of more than ~300-400 meters. This doesn't happen in any other game/race sim that I play.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  4. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: ANY TRACK
    Car Used
    : FORMULA CLASSIC GEN 4 - MCLAREN
    Applicable Settings: setup stock
    Report: the car with the standard setup is easily 2 seconds behind the other cars in the category

5. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: ANY TRACK
    Car Used
    : FORMULA CLASSIC GEN 4 - MCLAREN
    Report: the car with the standard setup is easily 2 seconds easily 2 seconds slower than another cars

6. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used
    : All cars with onboard TC
    Report: Onboard TC doesn’t function. Tried mapping with button box, or Fanatec Mclaren V2 rotary encoders, with no result.

7. TurboHenk

Track & Layout Used: Cascais 1988 - default layout
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Default, I drive in VR (probably doesn't matter but I mentioned it just to be sure)
    Report: The 3d player models on the side of the road don't have HEADS until you drive close to them (around 100 / 200 meters). When you're far away, they are just a half body
    Steps to reproduce: Driving on it. I saw it instantly on the first lap, you couldn't miss it especially not in VR. It's really distracting.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  8. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure you don’t have aids set to off in game settings

9. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

This has probable already been covered.
    In multiplayer when its my lobby after qually there is a CONTINUE button which sometimes takes upto 10 attemps to work

In setups you change something, go out and drive and on return to setup that setting is back to what it was

10. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if you are referring to the same thing on the second part of your post, but I have experienced online that the setup changes sometimes are not loaded, even if you save a setup with the very exact settings you want, then load it. This can be specially seen on tyre pressure settings, but more alarmingly, fuel load. This is 100% unacceptable.

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Just noticed that some of my earlier problems with changing wheel look to be connected with changing controller preset. When I was on my preset for my F1 wheel, I could assign buttons. When I switched to my GT3 wheel preset I couldn’t

12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic 1974
    Car Used: Brabham BT44
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer race on a dedicated server
    Report: Different result shown on screen and what the dedicated server registered in the results file, also Simhub overlay shows the same result as the dedicated server, but that result is wrong, in my example the result shown ingame is the correct result, only P6 did actually finish the race, so the DNF shouldn't be there.
    Steps to reproduce: Not sure.

Result from the dedi shown on JustRace:

[​IMG]

I uploaded the results file to simresults as well, to make sure it wasnt related to JustRace:
    Result 230217-7Eu - Spielberg_Vintage - RPM.JustRace.net | Brabham fun @ Spielberg #JR - Automobilista 2 - Simresults

The result as shown on screen (correct result) and you can also see what simhub registered in its overlay:

[​IMG]

13. TurboHenk

Car Used: All
    Track Used: All
    Applicable Setting: VR and a weather choice with some clouds in it.

Report: The clouds that are very near to you or above you "rotate together with moving your head" So if a cloud is (almost) above/very near to you, then it rotates 360 degrees with the VR/where you lok. Immersion breaking bug.

Steps to reproduce: Use VR and use cloudy weather.

14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Mercedes AMG 190E Evo2
    Track Used: several
    Applicable Setting: Online, before the race start

Report: Car setup never loads the correct tyre pressures. You can save and reload it as many times as you want, pressures always stay at defaults (1.72 bar front, 1.66 bar rear). Telemetry HUD validates that those are the values in the car when you are thrown in the grid before the start. It does not happen in practice, it does not happen in qualy. Only race. If you stay on the same setup through all sessions, it still sets them to the default values before the start of the race.

Steps to reproduce: join an online session with the Mercedes Group A, use different tyre pressures from the default ones, and pay attention to them in the garage when going into the race.

15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sad that still so many track cams at so many tracks have this issue:
    Here: Spielberg Historic 1976
    But this is just an example, there are many more...
    View attachment 24993

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. mansell

mansell Active Member

nice grass though. plus if you chose different season foliage those yellow wildflowers would be different. :D

17. Sheiffo

Sheiffo New Member

Hi everyone, any idea on the attached bugsplat report? I need serious help, I've reinstalled win 11, reinstalled everything, no overclocking for the cpu and gpu but mothing the game keeps on crashing on menu pause, alt tab, and race start.
    System specs
    I913900k
    Asus rog Maximus Z790 hero
    MSI RTX 4090 gaming x trio
    32 GB G skill 6400Mhz
    Samsung 980 1 TB and 970 1 TB
    triple 32 inches 1440p monitors
    PSU 1200w
    NZXT 350 cooler kraken x73

Attached Files:

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: n/a
    Track Used: Azure circuit (Monaco)
    Applicable Setting: Real Weather, test day

Report: No Real weather avaliable between 18th May 2021 and 1 june 2021

Steps to reproduce:

19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: n/a (drove caddy dpi)
    Track Used: Silverstone GP
    Applicable Setting: Night, MP race, winter weather

Report: Weird shadow glitches on specific outside exit kerbs at club (X2) and copse corners

Steps to reproduce: drive silverstone at night
    upload_2023-2-19_21-37-10.png

(im not sure how it looks in still photos, but whilst driving it is super odd, but i mean this section of the kerb

upload_2023-2-19_21-37-34.png

20. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona 24h layout
    Car Used: DPi
    Applicable Settings: 110 ai difficulty, low aggression. Fuel usage 3x and tire usage 4x, 45 min race with 30x speed to simulate 24hr race
    Report: The dpi cars pit almost right away. I thought it was just because their setup was bad and didn't give enough fuel, but then they kept pitting over and over again. In 45 minutes I did 4 pitstops ( all for fuel 2x for tires ) and the ai did 7 pitstops. Sorry for weird resolution picture it was VR screenshot

This was really disappointing. It means it's impossible to simulate a fun 24 hour race that has pitstops. I thought the entire point of having Daytona and the dpi was because that's what they run for the 24 hour. So if you want to run this track and car you are forced to never have pitstops

Attached Files: