Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is how I see it, whoever buys a product and the company itself opens a channel for praise, suggestions and criticism should not be intimidated by the irony of grandchildren and toy boxes, I tell everyone who wants to express their thoughts to do so, if they are praise , suggestions or criticisms, whoever pays for a product has that right, if the game is free it would be another story, being polite and respectful I don't see any problem in exposing any kind of opinion or thought on how things are going in development, whether they are good or bad bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Checo Perez world champion!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe the “Brazilian”.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

lmao

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

In all my many years participating in Reiza forums, I have never seen any pointed criticism squashed or banned. And there is plenty of it. It is only excessively repetitive comments or rude behaviour, or more often a combination of the two, that results in conflicts, annoyance, and eventually, response from the owners of the forum.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can back this up. Compare this forum to Iracing or Pcars 2 and you'll understand just how chill it really is by comparison.

7. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not positive, but I think he means that if any negative points or criticisms are brought up that there are many that will brush them off or call the person a whiner/child/impatient/complainers etc.

I do agree that Reiza themselves are pretty relaxed when it come to complaints and the like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Update, update, update Let's go

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Patience you must have.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't want to stretch the subject, but here you can only criticize constructively, but praising is fine, being a repetitive complaint or not is a right of those who bought the product, some do not agree ok, ignore the comment, but here are some already known who do not there is room for some criticism, you can only praise, I think that AMS2 receives even few criticisms, because since its launch there is a lot to fix and promised things that have not yet come, we are already going to 3 years of product launch, and everything started because someone just said that the speed of new content doesn't match the speed they fix and improve what already exists, it wasn't a lie, so Reiza make a topic just for praise and discussion of more Cars, like monster Jeeps, Hot Wheels, tractor pulls, tracks on Mars and the Moon and make another one just to discuss existing problems and improvements that can make the game better, that's it

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

iRacing's forum refuses to let me back in even though I have a current subscription. Apparently it doesn't like it if you take a two year break. Their subreddit is just as toxic as here. Every sim has its fanbois who swear it's exactly like real life.

12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I think the iRacing fandom its a lot more toxic than us here. im not seeing ppl in here stalking ppl for dumb reasons, or telling real drivers how they should drive their own cars

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    upload_2023-3-1_1-30-21.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what really annoys people (at least me) is when some users start going at other users for not being negative and assertive of this negativity enough with developers and say that it's all their fault for not using pitchforks enough to convince developers on the right way.
    I just find it dumb, toxic and rude at the same time: use other (more convincing hopefully) arguments rather than "things are not happening because there are 20 guys in the forum holding Reiza hostage".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Do you realize that you essentially just repeated the same points from the message that I already replied to? This is an example of needless whinging. I have read you make this same point over and over and over again.

You also realize that you are in a thread for the purpose of discussing new DLC packs?!?! And then you are shocked when most people (who are naturally the ones interested in whatever the DLC contains) are talking about the DLC and not all the plethora of problems with AMS 2 in general????

Let me guess, you will be shocked when you go to the bug reporting threads and discover that 100% of the posts are negative/pointing out problems and bugs. Should we then conclude from those threads that everyone on the Reiza forums does nothing but point out problems and complain?

Please think about these things prior to writing posts on the forum and try to pay attention to what thread you are in when you comment.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Knockhill is a track that AMS2 really needs...

If I have to have snow in the game to get it, fine... lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Scar666

There's some sanity in here after all...

Completely agree... Focus on perfecting what we have and adding necessary features to ensure that there's momentum building for AMS2 with it's current content must be a priority...

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Scar666

The thing that a lot of the types you describe miss is that there are many ways to keep the pitchforks nice and hot whilst also bringing praise to other parts of the sim... They also spend far too much time analysing the words of those whose praise is constant or whose content wishes are constant...

There's no other way around it than for us to wait out their learning period whilst new people with the same perceptions multiply... It's the same on any forum for a specific title as it's part of human nature...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What I noticed is that:
    • if a user repeatedly requests for content X to added to the game (ie: Sebring) over and over again, he will get well received (and the thread goes for the route of "I want Road Atlanta / Le Mans / IndyCar" in cycles)
    • if a user repeatedly request for issue X that has been plaguing the game for years to be fixed (ie: MP/AI) over and over again, he will get snarky comments (the usual "Reiza is aware / be patient / it is a long term project / AMS2 is not meant to be iRacing / its not the game, but you that is the problem, then the thread goes into an accusational spiral from both sides)
    So there is this feeling of some constant free advocacy in defense of the developer. These same people also seem to believe that if someone requests thing X to be fixed this complainy-person hates AMS2...

Of course I'm not talking about those hateful users who offend others and Reiza. I see myself as someone who often posts about the same issues, over and over again, but in a balanced way. Neither disrespecting the work made by Reiza, nor being apologetic for the many shortcomings AMS2 still has.

• Agree Agree x 14
  20. Marc Collins

Again, is it difficult to comprehend that someone asking for track X in an enthusiastic wish list manner is not the same as, for example, repeatedly pointing out that MP needs work. We all know it needs work and Reiza has acknowledged that and have said they are working on it to the extent possible within their resources.

The equivalent would be if the people who would like Sebring in the game (me, included!) waded into every thread regardless of whether it was about upcoming tracks or not and spent paragraphs complaining that the track isn't done yet; there is no date for its release yet; when are we going to get an iron-clad confirmation that it is coming and in which DLC group, etc. If people talked about Sebring in those terms, repeatedly, they'd get the same negative response as the whingers about other known issues that are already in development that we are all well aware of.

On the other hand, if the whingers stopped repeatedly whinging and decided to stick to the appropriate threads, I am confident we could have some deep and useful conversations about the AI, MP and all the other things we are all passionate about. One is passion and shared interests; the other is repeated whinging.

The people asking for Sebring are passionate and would really like to see it in the game. Some of us are passionate about technical details and various aspects of the simulation. This forum has places for those conversations. This thread is not one of them. Who knows--if issues were discussed in polite and professional terms, the devs might even consider joining some of the conversations more often.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1