1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Harsh words in the forums this week.
    Meantime, A very busy Beccobunsen have very little time to do a couples hotlap when sipping a cup o tea. Very little time, very god life to live in "the RL".

2 car, 2 track is all i need
    El resto me chupa un uevo.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Agreed; given all the Christmastime bugs you listed, Reiza has been forced into an “every other month” update schedule whether they like it or not. It doesn’t require insider information to realize that the previous pace of development required to sort AMS2 out to around the V1.4 level or so (that was a must-win fight to ensure the sim’s survival) was unsustainable forever. The faster one recalibrates his expectations to that reality, the better.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Nothing new to add here, but just to say I'm again a little disappointed. Not by any missed target dates for any content or patching, but by the lack of any communication or a quick note here with any sort of update. Not everyone wants or cares for the comms, personally I do. That's all. Look forward to finding out more when it arrives.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with this too. Although we, in the forum understand what's going on, the general public has no idea. I just saw a reddit post this morning, "No Updates Since Christmas? Has Reiza abandoned AMS 2?"

I understand they announced the whole 2 month per update thing, (and I agree with that.) But leaving the game in a somewhat broken state for so long is going to bite them in the butt...

BUT!

As Oez has said, there is a reason its taken this long. It seems stupid on the outside, and it is stupid from a player's POV, but there IS a reason for it. Which is fair.

5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Another day at Reiza's office...
    [​IMG]

• Disagree x 15
    • Dislike x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is an example of the type of communication that comes from someone who feels "entitled" and mistakes this forum for a bathroom wall or a public space. It is neither. Please try to be less rude in the future. No one has a right to be here...only a privilege for those who can show some level of maturity and respect, even if complaining about something.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I have no idea and I'm browsing the forum most days. Have I missed something?

I can't seem to find anything from Oez. Was that on the beta forum?

8. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

We're not that sensitive are we? I'm sure it was only meant as a bit of fun.

I had a bit of a chuckle but of course don't take it seriously. It's no different to people posting strange cheese jokes (which I don't really understand lol).

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you missread this one Marc?

Thought that was quite funny actually, and possibly a swipe at the people suggesting Reiza were lazy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Other than some little adds to the already various Formula we have i would love to have Turismo Carretera. Those inline 6 sends me chills every time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

I think lazy and late are quite different.
    If "late" is only referring to the delay of expected outcome, "lazy" is about the attitude in the process of delivering that outcome.
    If the next update has nothing special to say about, it can be called "lazy" but reiza's job shows they weren't lazy at all till now.
    thats why i think the lazy img is a inappropriate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza are one of the most ambitious devs out there with a huge task at hands to understand and develop a mature sim with the Madness Engine. It's three years now which sounds quite long but for a task this big it's not long.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Than I guess this meme would make more sense.

all though you need to be Brazilian to understand lol.
    upload_2023-3-2_7-16-48.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

4 days since Renato's last post...either it's going to be a big update or we're going to have some excuses. Nobody knows
    but it seems that we continue with important delays regarding the dlcs

15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't enough content inside AMS2? I think it is.
    So, if something new takes a bit longer there is no reason to loose any bad words or pictures.
    Yes, I'am excited for news as well but there are many other things in life which are more important.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

TLDR the reason the major bugs like the ones I listed haven't been patched earlier, is because the Reiza crew had no clue what broke in the first place to cause the problem. It took so long to find and fix the problems related to to glitched tracks for example, that they were already a month in. No point putting out a hot fix when the main update is 20 days out and they're are other problems still to fix.

Nah, this is something he said in a discord we share. But it rung especially true in this case.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to disagree in there being no point in fixing the broken tracks because the update is due in 20 days, which seems likely to be more days now.
    If a new customer buys the game and the first track he picks is Snetterton or Imola, he will see a broken game and will probably refund it.

Yes there are many more tracks but the game is not labeled as an early access game (which in my opinion it is) so people will expect no game breaking bugs. I mean it's been 2 months with 1 track that is unplayable and the other almost unplayable.

So I think a hotfix to fix a big issue like broken content should be fixed asap, no waiting a month to include it with the other updates.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Dylan Hale

Look, I generally agree. But I also understand Reiza POV. Its already been 40-50 days since these tracks have been broken. The videos have been made, the damage has been done. Let's just focus on fixing as much stuff as we can and bundle it all in 1 massive patch.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As I explained in another post a while back, the usual quick hot fixes for Snetterton and Imola were not possible this time due to linkages to updates for the new track layouts that are coming. We know Reiza loves hot fixes (does them frequently), so if there is not one for something so obvious, you can assume it is for a good reason. And, they know better than anyone else that it is a bad outcome for the customers and themselves, so would only leave it dysfunctional if there is no other viable option.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Dylan Hale

I'm interested to see what new layouts your talking about, because Snetterton and Imola is pretty well spoken for aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 1