Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There were findings on that front aswell (also due to Custom Championships using a weirdly scaled default time progression). It's best to recheck after the update/RC has dropped with a fresh custom championship file. (I was trying to reproduce some of the accelerated weather/track progression cases and after some fixes i wasn't able to reproduce anymore but you never know of course)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really really hope so, because almost all of the content in Racing USA part 3 is basically broken at the moment.

-Fontana and Daytona both that that strange AI Butt-sniff formation glitch with more than 99 laps.
    -IMS' AI line is terrible, and IMS is the main track that shows the side force issue with the physics.
    -Rio still has a invisible wall on the back straight that although the player can't hit it anymore the AI still can, and it brings out yellows flags every 2-5 laps.

On top of all of that, if the race drags on too long, the AI become Space X for no reason.

The only track that works right now for the CART oval versions (as far as I know) is Gateway, and as much as I love that track, I'm really wanting to do something else ASAP. Here's hoping you get the oval stuff sorted soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I wanted to ask you to fix a little problem in the Truck cup for those who use control because the truck doesn't turn right even with the steering sensitivity at 99%, the NPC (IA) make the curves round,while I hit the wall or leave the track, just correct the truck cup's steering sensitivity on the joystick. Xbox one controller

4. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Finally something is done about the lack of open wheelers in this Game.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I really hope after all the open wheelers we finally get some more modern FWD cars.

I finally started driving the mini JCW's lately, since I did not like them before because the ffb is really heavy, but after reducing ffb to 90% they are some of the most enjoyable cars to drive! In raceroom the WTCR cars are my favourite. Really hope Reiza will include something similar soon.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, will test once the update drops!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dylan Hale

Would kill for some 1990's BTCC cars to be honest. Been hooning around with the VRC cars for AC and they criminally stupid fun

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Matt Diffey

Matt Diffey New Member

It's cool to get more content always, but re: the Formula Inter we've now got like 4 or 5 "first ever real car" open wheel classes, a million F1 eras and basically nothing in between. It would be very cool to get a bit more of an in-between class of modern open wheelers like FIA F2/F3, Formula Renault, Indy Pro/Lights etc., I know we have F3 but that's such an old car it might as well be classic content now. Even just a lifted Formula B from PC1 with Reiza's open wheel physics magic would do me wonderfully.

For stuff like Racing Life and especially thinking of the eventual official Career mode, there's no way to simulate anything approaching a realistic Open Wheel career at the moment which is a big missing piece for such a good open wheel sim in my book

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thanks for the update. Not a fan of the content but bug fixing is always welcome. Keep it up guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Yes, spring cleaning is in the air. (I might clean up my house this weekend lol)

• Like Like x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Those Formula Inters look cool, should be fun :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I'm brazilian and didn't know this F-inter either, googled It and there it is! Omg, its seems nice!

• Like Like x 4
  13. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

What I look forward to the most in the game is actually the Le Mans track.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Step up your game, just learn and memorize the track like real racers...and let the developer work on valuable things...;)

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

With MEngine, what is worst to performance; object density, polygon count, map size or whatever?

Ask because different engines have distinct Achille's Heels, so I hope you are right, because I don't want to go back to AC or R07 lol

OFF: I recently reinstalled AC because of free roam maps, the trackday mode (believe that it's only available with Content Manager) and the wide variety of street cars. I know that street cars aren't part of Reiza's priorities (and I'm fine with that, specially because I matter quality over quantity, and after the Supercar Pack, no supercar in AC, vanilla or mod, make sense anymore), but would be very nice to have a trackday mode and at least one good free roam map. Will it happen?

Abração!

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's not about where the road goes, but where your competitors are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Cutting transparency from 2D planes can be more taxing to the GPU than geometry with a simple shader. (in some cases)

When overlaying a lot of planes like we do grass can be a killer to performance.
    That's why changing some trees near the player would not have too much impact on performance.

Geometry nowadays is not a problem, there are some other variables to the performance that can have big hits, as the engine uses MSAA, I would suggest it can be running a forward renderer, it can be nice for VR performance and crispness but bad in some other situations, like dynamic shadows.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I won't lie, I'm also worried about the 3d trees a little. I'm exclusively VR and already teetering on the edge of reprojection. Night/rain is already a no-go except for test day. I hope the impact truly is negligent.... Fingers crossed I guess.

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Not me. I expect more variety in the disciplines (Nascar, touring cars like Turismo Nacional or TCR, Rally cross, formula dirt...) and more variety in the tracks (urban circuits like Detroit, surfers Paradise, Nashville..., oval circuits like Miami, Bristol..., Middle East circuits like Bahrain, Yas Marina..., Asian circuits like Motegi, Shanghai, dirt circuits...)
    Variety is key for me because the more choice there is, the more Reiza is sure to please people. It's a personal opinion of course, don't blame me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

While waiting for the next RC to post to Steam (tomorrow?), I took to Imola '72 in a Porsche 911 RSR ... quite a game of cat and mouse with the Corvettes around that classic track. AMS2 does a fantastic job of providing so many interesting, idiomatic matchups between cars and tracks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1