1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

At least it is very easy to drive.
    Best car until now as intro to formula cars/open wheelers.
    But personally I think the reaction when you are cornering a bit too fast is too much damped/smoothed out.
    I mean the "drifting" area is damped so much that you cannot exactly feel when you are about to overdrive the car.
    Hehe but it doesnt mean so much because there is some inbuild "boundary help" which does help to get the rear back on rail again.:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is likely the way Reiza wants it to be, just that there are differences between how this effect behaves with different cars in AMS2. Many of those differences are already predetermined by each car's numbers in the physics, but some aspects of the differences are tweakable in the FFB scripts.

Basically, if we focus on the feel in the force feedback during cornering (at least the part of the feel that can be interpreted as coming from the front wheels) we have different segments of grip. I could be totally wrong about this, but this is my understanding:
    1. Low slip - relatively static FFB, but the FFB activity increases when you make input changes, so you feel connected to the road
    2. High slip (but not quite max grip) - the FFB seems to be in a kind of sweet spot and is informative and nuanced, a lot of which can be attributed to self-aligning torque
    3. Optimal slip (max grip) - I call it "the eye of the storm" - this is the deadzone that is one of the many reasons why people report AMS2 as feeling disconnected from the road. It also feels like the car will shift between understeer/oversteer without informing you of this through changes in FFB feel.
    4. Too much slip - scrub feeling intensifies in the FFB, and resistance increases so it feels like you're struggling with understeer (which often is the case). In this zone, you can still control the car ("steer more to turn more") but at the cost of heavy tire wear and temperature increase
    Compare this to Assetto Corsa's FFB, for example, where there is a much more distinct edge between grip and slide, where during slide the FFB starts to shake (or go light in the case of understeer). AC doesn't have the same deadzone at optimal slip that AMS2 has, and in AC cars are usually driven fast based on the feeling of self-aligning torque.

BrunoB, I think that when you refer to the "drifting area", this is the same effect as what I refer to as the eye of the storm - the deadzone feeling in the FFB when close to optimal slip angle. You can feel it quite clearly in cars such as the Formula Trainer Advanced, especially back in version 1.4.0 when the tires had recently undergone some major carcass changes.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

So you think Im describing this overly smoothed out of the loosing grip point from the way Im feeling my wheels FFB reaction?
    This has ABSOLUTELY nothing with my wheels FFB!
    Or FFB effects AT ALL.
    And if you check the funny fact that Im more less topping (or pretty high) on most formula cars TT LB lists - then I probably know a bit of how general forgiving AMS2´s tire model is when you are near the point of loosing grip/adhesion.
    Generally I consider the TM in this sim pretty reasonable in this area.
    BUT. But I consider this funny little formula car a bit too much smoothed out.
    Or too much on rails even when the car are about to loose grip.
    OK?

ByTheWay: My system: Win7 Ultimate SP1, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 12Gb mem, Xeon x5670, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 MB, NEC 20WGX2(1680x1050), Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1, Sennheiser HD 424, Simraceway SRW-S1(non-FFB wheel).:whistle:

4. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Sorry if this has already been answered, but when will this be moved from a beta release candidate to a full public release?

5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Steam answered this question yesterday when V1.4.6.1 (the official release) posted, which supersedes the V1.4.6.0 Release Candidate. If you are always on the Release Candidate stream for AMS2, the change may have escaped your notice at the time. From this point, we have Historic Nords & Suds to look forward to within the next month before the bi-monthly (approximately, measured from this month) update schedule begins.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

How much do you want to bet that neither Nord- nor Südschleife are going to be ready by the end of this month? :p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

did you create this championship fresh or is it from before the update?

Also could you please provide the contents of 'My Dcocuments\Automobilista 2\savegame\<some-digitd-here>\automobilista 2\singlechamps'?

When using real weather qual session is the day before race and practice session two days before the race

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to Coanda & Co. for continued work to normalize the FFB across the simulation; I can immediately sense the subtle differences--leading an increased level of consistency-- when sampling various vehicles in AMS2. Although the finer details of FFB may be a subjective affair, the vast majority of sim developers sadly use the subjectivity argument as a foil to deflect attention away from their own products' obvious vagaries and shortcomings in this area. I have always appreciated Reiza's extra clear guidance in setting up FFB in AMS (they even had the audacity to print it in a manual!) as well as their efforts to provide similar guidance for AMS2 to generate a more consistent and predictable FFB experience.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How come fixes for this did not make the change log? I presume from the convo here it was addressed

10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fresh championship, actually deleted the ones before the update, I am not on my pc at the moment, once I get the chance I'll get the files.
    It was in the practice session, I think the time was 12:00 and the bug sarted on the last 7 minutes of a 30 minute session, can confirm later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried the Formula Inter for the first time (at Monza) and really like it. The perfect beginner Formula car. Also, there can never be enough H-pattern cars !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was in the qualy session, start time 13:00, 30min session, about 22min in, it starts raining and the track goes from dry to soaked in 30 seconds. File attached

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not only for beginners, for 'semi-profis' as well:)
    This car is a great addition to AMS2

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly, as it really fills a void in the Formula roster.

15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So be it, if 18 miles needs that long for perfection

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

F1 CLASSIC GENERATION 4 CARS ARE STILL WITHOUT DRIVERS IF THE CAR IS CUSTOMIZED AND THE JACAREPAGUA OVAL TRACK IS ALL BUGGED, YOU CAN CROSS THE WALLS

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why are you injecting unnecessary negativity and adding additional pressure on people that are already working really hard? How many tracks have you personally built? Are you a 3DSMAX or Maya expert? Do you know that estimating any level of efforts in programming or creating 3D assets is EXTREMELY difficult and prone to unplanned blockers all the time...

If people keep complaining about deadlines not always being met, then REIZA will obviously STOP sharing their upcoming plans and start acting like Kunos or iRacing, where we get very little roadmap.

I'd rather have a rough estimate when something "might" happen and delivered "late", instead of having no idea where the simulator is going in the near term...

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

What would be fun would be historic F2 cars from the 1970's to go along with the historic tracks! :)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd bet on it, because I trust that if the track isn't ready by the end of the month then Reiza won't release it. I'd rather have late content then broken content.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Small visual bug on turns 3 & 4 at 83 Bathurst! Seems to be visible collision mesh (if you don't see, pay attention to the left-hand side). My apologies if this has already been reported. Everything besides Motion Blur, Shadows and Reflections set to ultra. Motion Blur is off the other two are set to high

Specs
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
    RAM: 32gb

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1