1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah despite being a season pass owner i do believe the delay is for the best

that dlc, unlike stuff like classic Nordschleife that don´t need several new physics and additions to work, would require total focus from all reiza employees, so yeah, better fix the MP, ai and physics, hope that maybe we get some LFM support and then bring off road racing

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. I held my nose the other day and watched Bore-bent's report on the disastrous Le Mans 24hr event (lol Max was NOT happy). AMS2 is the absolute logical environment to host that race, with just a tweak here and there (I make it sound soooo easy). I know that alleged crime carte...er...I mean Motorsports Games has got the event sown up right now, but there is such a big ecological gap for stable multiplayer 24hr endurance capable sims. AMS2 is so close.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Demeisen

It's such a cool level. Did you get the star behind the Marshal's hut? It's murder!

mario.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

stop dreaming.
    Though i'm a big supporter of PC2 and AMS2, it's far away from professional multiplayer events.
    no real server
    no online management and realtime results
    no live replay
    no lap history
    no overall history
    only 32 + 2 participants
    no driver change
    no grid management
    unstable network
    no shared setups
    no shared liveries
    restricted to low amount of liveries
    and many more NO's

Its a nice racing game with great features and a usable mp, but far away to be able to support big professional endurance events.

• Agree Agree x 22
  5. Demeisen

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves, man? Have a little faith, baby... :cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

I feel like physics still need some tweaking, because there is this very weird sensation of the tyres pushing you back into position once you have a certain slip angle. Maybe it's just an ffb thing, but i don't think cars should straighten up like that. Could of course be wrong, i am not a racing driver. I love Ams2 and have been supporting it for a long time, but the physics (or whatever it is) still feel weird to me and all simracers i know think the same.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Because it's the truth?
    BTW i'm a REIZA "fanboi" since GSCE! :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Wolfgang Herold

i was active member of pCARS2 World of Mass development and when i heard AMS2 would base on the Madness Engine i immediately backed the beta.
    But believe me, since 2015 (pCARS2 development started in september 2015 ) there is more or less no movement in the mentioned lack of features above. And it was also not from pCARS1 to pCARS2. Or lets say it did not change since NFS Shift ;)
    I assume , most is integrated in the engine itself and its impossible to tweak it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Its a pity you are right here.
    Personally Im not optimistic these bugs and missing and/or malfunctioning features will get solved in a reasonable fure.
    Or at all.
    The reason these bugs/missing/malfuntioning things exist in this game is probably because the game was never ment as a fullproof SIM.
    Hehe and no you cannot use any of the positive outpourings from the team behind the orig game. :whistle:

ByTheWay: Personally Im sure this neverending story also is because the team (including Ian Bell) behind the Mad engine was pretty sloppy when coding the this monstrous sim-ish thingy.:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wolfgang Herold

never mixup FFB and physics. This are 2 very different things.
    Its interesting how nowadays people complaint about AMS2 physics is too forgiving and its impossible to loose the car. 2 years ago most Anti pCARS people always complaint AMS2 has the same bloody snap oversteer bullsh*t behaviour like pCARS2. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Every car with a half decent neutral setup that is not unstable on purpose (drift) will straighten itself if you ease steering and throttle. That's a natural tendency of every vehicle with rotating wheels, be it 2, 3, 4 or 8 wheels. Racecars retain that tendency simply because,it stil a car, not a fighter jet or a hovercraft. A car does not change basic principles just because you put "race" in front of its name.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the enormous speed AI is evolving (ChatGPT could crawl through code and find errors) it is perhaps someday possible to fix this engine. :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Wolfgang Herold

i don't agree.
    none or most none of this features i mentioned is needed for a fullproof sim, like you name it.
    And most of it has nothing to do with "bugs", its just a lack of concept.
    And as long Reiza is not able to do changes in the engine is see no light for that.
    But i have no problem with that. All i (personally) wish is a stable network.

fully agree with "sloppy coding" :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Just imagine an official series e-sports endurance event with racing wrecks for the viewers,because damage is visually onyl reset for the players perception. That would induce a ****storm more dramatic than the current "driving on grass" topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Demeisen

Negative waves, man!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Wolfgang Herold

not bad waves. Just facts.
    It makes no sense flying around in LaLaLand ignoring facts.

17. Wolfgang Herold

madness code had always problems with reinitialising updated data structures.
    I remember while development of pCars2 at one point there must have been up to 3 different structures for rims data. Different parts of the code accessed different data and it was never clear which rims are mounted on your cars. ;)
    As someone wrote before
    "sloppy"

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

that woulda been pretty nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Demeisen

Ah, oops. Yep. Right. I get it now. I think I might have thrown that a little too far to the side. Sorry Wolfgang, you've wasted time on someone who wasn't even in a discussion with you. I was really just taking the piss (in what I hoped was an obvious way).

I'll stick to the memes and leave the adults to the bigboy topics...:oops:

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think its an aero thing, do you get the same feeling in something with no aero like the caterhams?