Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Above that, BMW M1 Procar and Porsche RSR 74 still have no drivers inside the car when using custom liveries...:whistle::(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Ups.
    But lets calm down because thats the first time an update introduces new bugs - right?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Those no driver bugs with custom liveries were introduced with the December update. Three months later, they are still not fixed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

hi G27 user here. Since latest fix steering in game not insync with my wheel. any suggestions? thanks

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Can you go through what you've already tried to fix it yourself ? Is the wheel working correctly in the software ? Does it work correctly in other games ? Did you try to re-calibrate ? Are you using a custom FFB ?

6. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

yes dis recal. Using custom ffb file. switched to Default + and still the same.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try and recalibrate in-game? Is you wheelbase software set to max DOR?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Since the update, I can't turn the wheel fully in any of the cars. The Turing circle is so big I can't even drive out of the pits!!!!!
    I thought it might have been an issue with wheel calibration but it works when I roll back to the previous software version. I have a fanatec Csw 2.5 wheel. Don't know if anyone else had the same issue....This relates to "hi G27 user here. Since latest fix steering in game not insync with my wheel. any suggestions" the driver animation is sluggish too for me but I can't even steer the car properly

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

I can confirm this. Happens twise already since I updated the game yesterday. Both times I enter a lobby going for a drive to find the wheel out of sync exactly like when you damage your suspension. First time was in Formula v10 gen 2, second was in F Inter. With the inter I decided to do a no qualy race just to find the issue on the start of the race. Driving the whole race like this and it's definitely acts like when you damaged the car.
    I'm DFGT user btw

10. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Did you roll back to the previous version on Steam? That worked for me...

11. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

No. First time when it happened I just quit the lobby and when I entered another one the issue wasn't there. Today when the issue made me race like this for the whole race, I closed the game and reconnected the wheel. It was ok after, but it seems there is and issue with the new update.

12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As a Reiza Backer, you should know that an early "release candidate" doesn't mean it's finished or receive da full QA regression testing. If you want to reduce your risk, don't download betas or release candidates. Remove that branch from your Steam settings.

13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I stay away from custom FFB and mods, and everything works fine.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It must be me, but i dont see anywhere a mentioning of him being on a Release Candidate, besides, Release Candidate and mainbuild should be the exact same version now after the release of the main build.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

Me too, but when the same thing happened twice in a similar scenario you know something is not right. May be is something related to open wheelers because of the smaller steering lock.

16. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just me or is the gameplay horrible after that little update yesterday? I'm having to tinker with everything, calibrate the steering wheel and other settings, the cars have lost grip, they don't point in the curves like they used to, they're horrible, they look like a truck making a curve.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

@deadly
    they definitely didn't test it, they just put the drivers in there ready to go, apart from the gameplay which is in chaos, the cars look like bathtubs now

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This update is essentially a collection of hotfixes, no Release Candidate for those.

@Andre Ramoni kindly turn it down a notch if you may and specify the issues you are encountering - "gameplay is horrible" doesn´t say much, specially with the changelog being what it is. You may want to run a a Steam integrity check of local files to ensure the update went through smoothly.

The F-Classic driver model issue was a mistake that should be rectified soon - those happen. Settings being lost regularly with minor updates suggest some Windows permission issues accessing the settings files files in the Documents\Automobilista 2 folder.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yo Renato, any chance of we getting an update on the Brasil Endurance cars like the front wing drs for the AJR and the sigma G5?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's just you, no issues here

• Agree Agree x 3