Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I use a custom FFB and everything is always working, never had issues.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, não sei o que aconteceu nessa atualização, na calibragem do volante eu colocar 45%/405º, mais de ano usando e estava perfeito, a melhor jogabilidade do AV, mas depois da atualização ficou impossível de guiar e agora tive que voltar para 100%/900°, isso no Volante Logitech, mas mesmo assim ficou ruim, o carro não tem mais o mesmo desempenho nas curvas, não aponta mais, parece que está com um atraso ou uma folga, desculpa a revolta, é que eu passei a tarde toda tentando voltar ao que era antes e não consegui, só voltando a versão anterior com aquele botão de BETA lá

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA

JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA New Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Oh you found 9¾ Pit stop
    you deserve to be a easter egg hunter.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Something is wrong on your end... Nothing has changed for me after this update...

The previous update changed the CART gen 1 cars on the speedways though... So much understeer now...

6. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Lola CART Gen 1 are undriveable on speedways. Reynard Gen 1 are fine

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There wasn't any change in previous update, it was all the time this way for the Lolas (Also Reynards have issues, but on a slightly different scale but they also share similar issues in other departments). It'll be rectified - culprit is known but takes a little bit more time so all F-USA are on a satisfying level!

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Grimmi

Grimmi New Member

Reset to default setup and everything in fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Bringing in liveries and custom AI is officially supported by Reiza. And it is Reiza that brings the bugs into the game, not the modders.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankyou so much just for this! Now I can catch the odd slide again! Much appreciated!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Often times there´s a choice to either have a project under constant development and evolving customization support OR a more stable, less evolving platform - you can´t have both all the time.

Some issues (such as drivers disappearing after receiving livery customizations) is down to us doing something wrong in setting up the file structure to receive these updates, and often times devs only realise these issues once modders attempt to plug in their work. If they do and find issues they report, and the issues get fixed.

It can be a slower and more frustrating process than some of you would prefer, but it´s the process as it´s always been and will continue to be. If you are around for years for every update on the day of the release and still getting aggravated by what in the grand scheme of things are fairly minor localized glitches, it´s an error in approach that goes beyond the developer.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I get what you mean, but this no driver thing is there since December update. It was there for F_Classic first and since some of the fixes it also occurs in BMW M1 Procar and Porsche RSR 74.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@deadly I don't about you, but I hide the driver arms when I drive from the cockpit... so why is missing a driver such a big deal? Are you using arms in VR? Frustrating watching replays?

14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I agree that persisting driver override issues have worn out their grace period, and we are pushing to get on top of them by next week’s release. If you aware of any that hasn’t been addressed yet beyond the ones already reported please let us know.

• Like Like x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it you are a non-VR user. It is absolutely immersion breaking to drive in VR with no hands / legs. And VR is all about immersion.

• Agree Agree x 13
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes,I am using the driver arms. And replays look weird when there is no driver in cockpit, especially in open wheelers.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are lots of us that enjoy the little details like real drivers helmets and suits, specially on the F1 car skins, brings a lot of immersion to the sim. Having ghosts driving the cars breaks all that.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone has their own things they find important, i stream most of our races and when i am on a break or after the race i tend to put on the monitor or watch the replay, having cars with missing drivers doesn't look that great, and also is bad "advertisement" for AMS2 to those that are watching/considering buying it.

Sometimes reasons can go a bit further then some people realise, you probably find other issues more important to have fixed, which is fine, but don't demote other peoples thoughts as "not a big deal" as for them it probably is a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

But now I gotta stop argueing, because I must start my Sunday racing in AMS 2. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, can I change the track sponsors, going to the folder - TextureOverrides - International_adv - Tracks - Textures, and replace the files that are there with files that I have in the same size and pattern?