Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought I was the dumb one not seeing anything wrong with it :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im sorry but I did not understood what exactly is wrong in the footage you gave us

only thing I noticed in terms of car behavior is that the cars in AMS 2 seen to “bounce” less

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

That is the same with the GT1s after a earlier patch, I think the reason was that the standard setups where changed to be a bit more forgiving. Might be the same here.

4. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For those who are used to Need fo Speed really think there are no differences ..
    Modification of another Sim is much better...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

What's the point in comparing replays, when we know in both AMS2 and AC they are not a 1:1 representation of the driving physics?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ettore

The only weird thing I see is that the wheels in the AC replay seem to move/vibrate off the plan of the wheel as if the hub was lose... I don't see anything.
    Maybe you can explain for us peasants what you mean, knowing exactly as Farcar just mentioned that replays use simplified physics data set that are not equal to those of the real time physics calculations.

7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a bit of a language barrier. His initial comment didn't make sense in English. I get some of what he was trying to say about body roll and the attitude of the car.

To play "Devil's Advocate" a bit, even with the simplified physics of a replay, the visual behavior of a car in sim vs. reality can help spotlight issues. A fast driver doing a near optimal driving style should look similar between both. I've been examining a ton of real life series vs. their iRacing counterparts and looking at how aggressive drivers are with oversteer/sliding. (More to explain some of my frustrations with iRacing compared to other sims.)

I will say the AMS2 replay moves a bit too much at the rear IMHO compared to the real car. Then again, I've not really driven them that much in game and found the tires to be a bit too fragile.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  8. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to tell which one is me on the radar.
    please improve the design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Did you try to edit the radar settings at all ? Once i increased the icon size / zoom it was fine, so what exactly would you recommend to improve on the design ?

10. Ettore

Body roll, wheels attitude etc. are exactly some of the things that get "simplified" in the replay.
    As far as the rear of the car being more prone to step out, after checking again, it seems really almost invisible to me. There are a couple of corners where maybe AMS2's cars seem to struggle more for grip, but nothing catastrophic.
    And I have to confess I have been critical of the way some of the GTs were losing too easily lateral grip under acceleration, but what's in the video is not even close to how some GT3s were stepping out in the past months (need to do some kms after the new TC has been released to check how it is today).
    The comment presented things like Need for Speed vs accurate simulation but I don't see this much disaster as the comment seemed to hint at.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ricardokil

I understand, when I look at Aston Martin accelerating earlier in a curve and the rear is nailed to the ground and Mercedes trying to do the same and overstepping, in fact Mercedes has a car in hand and Aston does not, or a 92 Williams on the onboard barely vibrating, rest of the grid almost falling over the onboard camera, the image didn't represent anything, it was the guys' freshness, I understand, I don't know if I'm amazed by your answer or with those who can agree, I don't think they've ever played AMS1 Stock Curitiba for example, I'm glad I write for someone from Reiza to read and verify, even more so now with the change of tire supplier, because if it depends on the fanboys here, this game is not going anywhere.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are gonna judge physics just by outside replays, there will be no winners. The real cars show more roll through the corners, more ground clearance, more vertical movement, and a negative rake at high speeds caused by the rear downforce overpowering the suspension.

If this is the measuring stick, then all sims are doomed, not one gets it right. It's not an AMS2 problem.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

the biggest problem in AMS2, are the fanboys.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haters ganging up are no better. If you are looking for less half-full-glass opinions of this game, try elsewhere, official Reiza forums will always be the worst place for it :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What does it mean to be an "AMS2 fanboy" ?

16. Ettore

Anyone who will not agree with him :D

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Ricardokil

One more fanboy...
    Well, I'm not going to explain myself here, for fanboys, but unlike you, I understand what you mean and it has a little to do with what I want to show, yes, the day a replay looks very similar to the real one will show that this simulator is getting close, but my criticism about what I meant is exactly this, AMS1 in Curitiba with Stockcar, represented in the replay the excellent physics that Reiza achieved there, unlike the Stock 2020 of AMS2 that replay does not even come close in the behavior of the real car and consequently the physics of the car too, but there are great examples like WTCC in RR, BTCC 2021/2022 Rfactor 2, the problem here has already been said several times, you cannot criticize any car, because it is like saying that The entirety of AMS2 is bad, the day players start to assume that there are really bad cars and that there's been enough time for Reiza to deliver something equivalent to development time when it comes to quality, that Reiza has to stop bringing out more cars and tracks finish some categories that are still in beta, maybe this game will take off for those who like simulation and respect Reiza for AMS1. Kunos delivered ACC beta and in 3 years it was already a success in leagues, in common rooms, because it wasn't bringing 15 tracks without a decent multplayer, it didn't bring more cars with each update, it just fixed or brought what was missing, it's past time from Reiza, stop listening to those players from The Crew, Need fo Speed, Forza Horizon, and go back to the simulation you achieved with AMS1.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ricardokil

simple, they are people who accept and agree with everything that is done in the game, where you can't criticize that beings like you appear, that there is nothing to add, so try to somehow diminish or take away the importance of someone who thinks differently from you, when I don't agree and I think I can't add something, I ignore it, I don't make childish jokes, I put my disappointment on the game, if you don't agree and want to discuss it, I'll be here, if there's nothing to add, ignore it, I don't Yes, I have a favorite, if it's good I congratulate it, if I think it's bad I criticize it and that's it, Reiza has been treading the ball for a long time, and people like you say amen to everything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ettore

A wall of text to talk about something that Reiza has already explained: there is little physics content in the replay and that little is sampled at much wider intervals and has other limitations. It does not resemble what is going on in the real time physics, period. For example for long time the tire's camber wasn't anything close to what is used by the actual physics.
    It's not a good tool to review physics by the word of the same developer, therefore all your castle built on replays is worth nothing. Not sure how more clear the point can be made: any conclusion drawn by watching replays is almost certainly wrong because of this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ettore

You are mistaken: I complained about a great deal of things. The difference is that I can understand the difference between being critical of certain aspects and keeping repeating that everything is garbage, madness engine is doomed (and all variations of these concepts) while attacking everyone else who will not agree or will still find usable/enjoyable what we have calling them names. And that last one is yourself.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1