Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What you mean onboard? Are you saying the TC doesn't change on the dashboard of the car? I sure does change for me when using rotary buttons by my thumbs on a fanatec wheel FWIW. Are you talking about the rotary encoder are not being registered when configuring the button assignment?

IMHO, it's never about listening for Reiza, it's about lack of resources and prioritizing financially impactful issues (like improving MP mode, releasing assets, etc...)....

2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Follow up. Last night I was practicing with the 390R at Imola 01 and it happened a couple times on Test Day. The Simhub data hanged up again, but fortunately I could check that the output reset when the car and track were loaded again, it's something I did not dare to check while at online sessions in fear of missing too much. I got another crash and game closed a few minutes later, this time displaying an OpenXR error. I took a screenshot of it that I have at my simrig. Went to the OXR app and found there was an update, did it, and the issue did not repeat itself for the rest of that session, nor for the following one with Stock Car 22 at Buenos Aires. Jury is still out, but maybe issue rectified itself with that? Will follow up again as I log a couple more sessions, both offline and online.

3. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Thanks for the reply. The rotary encoder registers, when I assign TC control, but doesn’t function in game (in game is what I meant for onboard) for some reason. I have two rotary encoders on my Fanatec Mclaren GT3 V2, & the assignment for ABS works fine, in game. I’ve tried everything, & can’t figure it out, maybe it’s my issue. Fair point about the resources, I fully understand that Reiza is a small developer.

4. VFX Pro

Version: 1.4.6.4
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Brabham BT64B
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Many of the car gauges do not move or change.

FYI @robillard3381

upload_2023-4-11_17-57-37.jpeg
    upload_2023-4-11_17-59-19.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car/Class: Group C
    Applicable Settings: Any

Report: The Chevy in the group c class has a different pit process compared to the other cars in the group c class, with the Nissan, Mercedes and Porsche you are able to add fuel and change tires at the same time, however with the chevy it adds fuel and then changes the tires. a tire change takes roughly 12 seconds so the chevy has a pitstop which is 12 seconds longer than the other cars in the group c class.

I'm guessing that the chevy was supposed to be part of another car class but for whatever reason it was moved to group c but the pitstop stages were not changed to reflect it

6. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

M
    Make sure you don’t have TC and ABS turned off in game settings

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This problem was really bad in a session today, multiple times a lap around Bathurst 83 in a Merc Group A... Even effected the paddles so it blew my engine by changing down for me whilst I was using my H-pattern...

Decided to take to AC and see if any issue cropped up, I have a very similar button layout for both... Nothing happened in around 30 mins of running...

So whilst it does sound like it's a dying wheel, it's not effecting any other titles...

I'm going to try running a different rim for a week and see if it happens on that... I had a great session last night for 3 hours without issues in AMS2... But today it was terrible...

8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg
    Car/Class: GT3 ( mclaren )
    Applicable Settings: MP ranked \ VR

Report: Finished race second and being prompted 3rd at the end splash screen ( see both screenshot ). Have noted during qualification and race that after the last corner the differential lap time in the hud start increasing like the car was stopped or going reverse ( dunno if related but wierd)
    upload_2023-4-13_20-37-46.png
    Screenshot at finish line from 3rd player

upload_2023-4-13_20-38-32.png
    race result. also gap time are reported incorrectly on this board

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  9. Nano

Nano New Member

Had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, where roughly 1 sec got added to my finish time and I lost a place due to it. I was host of the session, so thats even weirder I guess?

Version: 1.4.6.1
    Track & Layout Used: Donington National
    Car/Class: Ginetta G55 Supercup
    Applicable Settings: MP unranked \ server host

10. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona Road Course
    Car Used: Formula Intern
    Applicable Settings: Standing Start
    Report: When performing standing start on Daytona cars drop down, i'm personaly can stand still with clutch but cars drop down the road (to the left) and then start racing
    Steps to reproduce: Forumla Intern standing start on Daytona.

11. Scar666

It's been over a week of solid racing without an issue...

Which leads me to believe there's an issue with either the Ferrari advanced wheel I have, unlikely as it doesn't have issues in other titles... Or that the profile for the Ferrari advanced wheel is causing the issues, as I've had to switch to the TC-PC Racer profile with the other rim...

12. Scar666

Track & Layout Used: Fontana and Indy
    Car/Class: Lola F-USA Gen 1 both engines
    Applicable Settings: needs 6-6 wing to turn
    Report: The Lola is over a second slower at Fontana compared to the Reynard and feels broken now in comparison to how it was in December...

There's just so much push that you have to run far to much wing now...

The league event that I'm in has had to allow all it's Lola runners in the Reynard for Fontana because it's a 2 class race...

It's so much different to how it was in December when I could run 2-6 wing and turn the corners, now I can barely make it with 6-6... I know the Reynard is meant to have more front wing so it can run 0-6 but the current Lola is just broken on the speedways having to run so much drag just to turn...

13. VFX Pro

Track & Layout Used: Monza (newest)
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: high quality mirrors is enabled.
    Report: Mirrors appears to be low quality despite the high-quality setting being enabled.
    Steps to reproduce: pause the game while driving, look at the mirror quality.

14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.7.0
    Track & Layout Used: Nordschliefe '71
    Car/Class: McLaren M23
    Report: Freeze during replay (happened about 30% into the replay) after one full lap. There was still the sound playing back but the video froze. When I exited, the game crashed to desktop.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

When the replay froze, I was able to to back 'live', but the car was now stuck where the replay froze. Exited to main menu but game froze on the game logo.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

1.4.7.0 Release Candidate

I chose the new R. Barrichello paint scheme in 2023 Stock Cars (Toyotas), but in the race I had the dark blue Mobil paint of E. Barrichello, so perhaps a naming issue in files?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1.4.7.0 RC
    No spectators and almost no trackside objects on MODERN Nordschleife (Singleplayer Quickrace)…

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.7.0 RC
    Track: Südschleife '71
    Car: C3R
    Issue: Replays crash the game when the car crosses the back straight junction between the Nords-Süd. Occasionally requires a full sign out, but sometimes responds to task manager killing the app.

All mods I had were fully uninstalled prior to the RC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, there is definitely something wrong with replays around the Sud/Nord junction. Doesn't seem to matter what type of session/car in use.

There is the same issue when turning right onto the last bend when doing just the Sud track too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  20. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

Solved! set steer sesitivity to 50. all good.